• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War (Stone Mason Collector's Edition ) up for pre-order

DryvBy

god-of-war-stone-mason-edition.jpg

Price is $149. Comes with the statue, steelbook, figurines, in-game bonuses and more.

Pre-order on Amazon or GameStop

Very cool collector's edition! I still have my GOW 3 Pandora's Box along with the Ascension figure (which was really cheaply made).

Thats a really nice collectors edition for the most part, though I'm shocked and disgusted that they went with a digital art book over a hardcover.

dragos495

Thats a really nice collectors edition for the most part, though I'm shocked and disgusted that they went with a digital art book over a hardcover.

thats gonna be a separate purchase, together with a CE hard cover, game guide.

hope this comes to the uk, dont want to pay 215$ (asking price + taxes) for this.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
No UK/EU Editions? Just want the steelbook Tbh

Manus

So many early impressions out there comparing this game to Uncharted. That makes me have huge doubts about this game. The God of War series is one of my favorite game series.

I'm so tired of these cinematic gaming experiences in video games.

chinoXL

So many early impressions out there comparing this game to Uncharted. That makes me have huge doubts about this game. The God of War series is one of my favorite game series.

I haven't heard this comparison yet..all the previews I've read have been positive..i wouldn't worry about this being like Uncharted

AudioEppa

Opposite feeling here.

I got Uncharted 4 and HZD vibes from this. Couldn’t be more happier. The more cinematic, the goddamn better. 420 will be glorious!

hiphopcr

Funny this is at Sony's E3 conferences you can't even tell the games apart anymore. They're all 3rd person adventure games in ruins.

Manus

Opposite feeling here.

I got Uncharted 4 and HZD vibes from this. Couldn’t be more happier. The more cinematic, the goddamn better. 420 will be glorious!

Why do you like cinematic games? I play game store gameplay not to watch cutscenes. The one game genre I'm okay with cutscences is RPGs. If I want to watch cinematic stuff I'll just watch movies. Games can't even come close to movies when it comes to story or cinematic stuff.

iamvin22

Industry Verified
Sad that no one has made a thread yet about the release date being announced. I would but I'm not at my desk. Miss old gaf

AudioEppa

Why do you like cinematic games? I play game store gameplay not to watch cutscenes. The one game genre I'm okay with cutscences is RPGs. If I want to watch cinematic stuff I'll just watch movies. Games can't even come close to movies when it comes to story or cinematic stuff.

Alright I’m going to word this without coming off aggressive. But I don’t care that movies, books or whatever else you think, does storytelling better. I enjoy, No I love cinematic games because their overall presentation has given me the most rewarding feeling when I’m done playing. And I’ve played enough SP games over the years to understand what clicks and what doesn’t.

I never had any problems with gameplay in those types of titles. I can walk, run, jump, hide, shoot, fight, die over and over.

Movement can either be fast or mildly slow.

Some can even have my favorite gameplay mechanic, QTE 😁

Bottom line, How YOU prefer video games is different than mine. Simple as that. The kind of work studios like naughty dog put into their games is what evokes my continues passion to still play.

So I’m going to be excited and support them always. Just as you will do the same for whatever you’re into.

jadedm17

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/god-of-war-stone-mason-edition-playstation-4/6195929.p?skuId=6195929

$119.99 SAVE $30 Gamer's Club Unlocked via Best Buy

Yet another friendly reminder for the best way to buy video games.
If you don't have Gamer's Club - which saves 20% on all new titles - then the $30 saved is what it costs for two years.

Between 20% off new, pre-order certificates (https://www.bestbuy.com/site/clp/my-best-buy-get-10/pcmcat308100050002.c?id=pcmcat308100050002) and normal reward points I've gotten several games like Arkham Knight and Deus Ex for $2.

I don't work for Best Buy, I just really love this program.

Last edited:

Manus

Alright I’m going to word this without coming off aggressive. But I don’t care that movies, books or whatever else you think, does storytelling better. I enjoy, No I love cinematic games because their overall presentation has given me the most rewarding feeling when I’m done playing. And I’ve played enough SP games over the years to understand what clicks and what doesn’t.

I never had any problems with gameplay in those types of titles. I can walk, run, jump, hide, shoot, fight, die over and over.

Movement can either be fast or mildly slow.

Some can even have my favorite gameplay mechanic, QTE 😁

Bottom line, How YOU prefer video games is different than mine. Simple as that. The kind of work studios like naughty dog put into their games is what evokes my continues passion to still play.

So I’m going to be excited and support them always. Just as you will do the same for whatever you’re into.

Okay yeah was just super curious not dissing you for liking them.

That's a big reason why I tend to avoid most western made games anymore. They all strive to make their games like movies where they take the player away from the gameplay so much. I love setting down at night and playing a game and not watching one.

Last edited:

AudioEppa

Okay yeah was just super curious not dissing you for liking them.

That's a big reason why I tend to avoid most western made games anymore. They all strive to make their games like movies where they take the player away from the gameplay so much. I love setting down at night and playing a game and not watching one.

Different strokes, for different gamer folks. And I apologize if I gave off the impression I thought you were coming at me. I can sometimes be on edge around the topic of cinematic versus gameplay.

That’s what I love about this industry. Plenty of developers that can support everyone’s preference. A win win for all.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I was excited to get the collectors edition but having digital Artbook instead of physical was deal breaker. In all honestly I care about Artbooks waaaaay more than statues, especially for game like God of War that has great art direction.

Top Bottom