• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War vs. Nier: Automata

Vote for your Game Of The Generation!

• God of War

Votes: 306 57.6%
  • Nier: Automata

Votes: 225 42.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

.Pennywise

Banned
This match is part of the Game of the Generation Tournament. For rules, details and current brackets go to the Tournament thread (Click)

DUwEsjq.jpg

Aion002

GoW for me.

Nier Automata while great... For me was inferior to the first Nier, that was way more interesting and creative than Automata, so I went with high expectations and got disappointed. While GoW 2018 was the first GoW that I enjoyed and I am hyped for the sequel!

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Eesh, tough choice. Nier gets my vote but its purely a matter of sentiment as GoW is without doubt better in several ways.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
GOW, although I do wonder if RE2 had won against NieR what the results would of been here...🤔

Shifty1897

Everything that lives is designed to end. We are perpetually trapped in a never-ending spiral of life and death. Is this a curse? Or some kind of punishment?

I often think about the God (of War) who blessed us with this cryptic puzzle...and wonder if we'll ever get the chance to kill him.
tumblr_owo1tmjYMI1u9t5z9o1_540.gif

Last edited:
Kratos of War. I loved both games but GOW even more, sorry Nier.

I still think Nier Automata is a >bit< overrated, don't hate me.

Jaxcellent

I hate to choose, but how can I not be biased towards a platinum game, both great games, Nier was an amazing experience, and GOW, a fantastic new direction for the series, Platinum (Nier Automata) gets the nod for more Original title and better/more diverse gameplay.

Ellery

Regardless of what I am voting for here it is great to see how passionate people are about Nier and how much they love it.
It is a beautiful thing to find a videogame that you enjoy this much and I am honestly a bit envious of that.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
God of War is great, but Nier is art. Really, the themes, the music... Awesome experience!

Nier this time as well. GoW was good, but it's overall overrated. So is Nier:Automata to an extent, but it's more fun, it's more intellectually interesting and I enjoyed the combat more in Nier:Automata.

Ovek

7Member7
I loved both. Voted for Nier though because it's one of the most unique story telling games I have ever played and will probably ever play.

Top Bottom