• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Godfall for PS5/PC short gameplay leak

ethomaz

Banned
Hellblade looks miles better than Godfall. It’s coming to PC as well meaning they’re gonna gimp it for low level systems which is the same thing Microsoft is doing for the base Xbox.....nice effort though.
No effort at all.
What I said is true.... no next-gen feature, in engine, no gameplay, 24fps for Hellblade 2 vs next-gen featured, ray-tracking, gameplay, 60fps for God Fall.
Maybe Gearbox can show us a in engine with no gameplay trailer for God Fall ;)

One game is aiming next-gen.
The other not.

One is impressive.
The other not.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Hellblade looks miles better than Godfall. It’s coming to PC as well meaning they’re gonna gimp it for low level systems which is the same thing Microsoft is doing for the base Xbox.....nice effort though.

Hellblade 2 was a 24fps not even 4K music video.

I have no doubt it will look good when gameplay is finally shown, but you are comparing an asshole to an eyeball.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
One looks good and the other is crap?

:messenger_beaming:

giphy.gif

JLMC469

Banned
Well there is very little cutscenes in Death Stranding compared with gameplay.
Like you play 20 hours to see a cutscene of few minutes...

“Play” is a new synonym for walking I see.

Kojima makes Katamari Damacy look like a freaking masterpice next to that piece of...

Last edited:

Fbh

It will be a little embarrassing if this is Sony's only launch exclusive. You want to launch a console with a bang. Given how successful they were this gen I wouldn't be surprised if they will have a killer app planned on release day, would make me buy a PS5 to make my main console and have the X to play the xbox stuff for the next 2 years.

I seriously doubt this will be their only launch exclusive. It's just that they aren't going to start showing you games when they haven't even done a proper reveal for the console.
Also, keep in mind this isn't a Sony game, Sony is neither developing nor funding or publishing it , they simply paid Gearbox some money to keep it from series X for a while (probably a year as is usually the case with timed exclusives),

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
“Play” is a new synonym for walking I see.

Kojima makes Katamari Damacy look like a freaking masterpice next to that piece of...
So you did not play.
That is why you thought that.

You can give it the game a try... it is really a masterpiece.

BTW you walk more in Katamari Damacy (or roll) than Death Stranding... actually I see a lot of similarities in the two games in the gameplay... of course Death Stranding is more complex and give you more gameplay options.

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
I think it's too early to declare that lol we haven't seen gameplay of Hellblade 2, just an in-engine trailer which DF are skeptical of

imsosleepy

lol if that date leak is true and sony is holding their reveal 5 feb. Then it must suck ass to have so many leaks so short before you want to reveal it all

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
But we've had reflexions on 3d games for a while now. Yes, raytracing is way more accurate, but it's not a new concept.
Also, it's more of a devs tool than a visual thing.
Raytracing isn't new but up until recently it has been used sparingly with how demanding it is on the hardware and this game is running at 4K 60 with high quality effects and particles which are also demanding

Gamernyc78

Banned
Hellblade 2 was a 24fps not even 4K music video.

I have no doubt it will look good when gameplay is finally shown, but you are comparing an asshole to an eyeball.

Not even tht anyone who played original Hellblade knows its a decent game but not great hampered by repetitive bosses, combat and gameplay. Looked pretty but was very restricted in its world with what you could do. Akin to ppls criticism of a game like Ryse or Heavy Rain. I don't get all the luv Hellblade is getting when what was shown was not gameplay of a game whose first outing lacked deep gameplay lol

Last edited:

VFXVeteran

Banned
Not even tht anyone who played original Hellblade knows its a decent game but not great hampered by repetitive bosses, combat and gameplay. Looked pretty but was very restricted in its world with what you could do. Akin to ppls criticism of a game like Ryse or Heavy Rain. I don't get all the luv Hellblade is getting when what was shown was not gameplay of a gane whose first outing lacked deep gameplay lol

It's the same mentality with the console demos last generation (PS4/X1X). People went buck wild over the UC4 reveal whether it was cutscene or not. And they used that as a basis for claiming that's how gameplay was going to look. I agree with you. Cutscenes will always be a leap above the gameplay on ANY platform but shouldn't be a gauge for how the actual gameplay will look.

Last edited:

Elenchus

Banned
Same folks who told us Paragon would be the second coming are now here boosting this very generic looking looter shooter but where were they when the music stopped?

Also worth noting that Paragon’s assets were given out for free after it failed. Guess we know where they went now huh?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Not even tht anyone who played original Hellblade knows its a decent game but not great hampered by repetitive bosses, combat and gameplay. Looked pretty but was very restricted in its world with what you could do. Akin to ppls criticism of a game like Ryse or Heavy Rain. I don't get all the luv Hellblade is getting when what was shown was not gameplay of a game whose first outing lacked deep gameplay lol

I really enjoyed the story of the fist one, especially played with a nice surround sound system or 7.1 headphones. But yes, the combat / puzzles felt like they were just there to move the story along.

I have confidence they will evolve the gameplay in the sequel. The video's vibe seemed to elude to more action, unless this is all in her head, again.

Gamernyc78

Banned
I really enjoyed the story of the fist one, especially played with a nice surround sound system or 7.1 headphones. But yes, the combat / puzzles felt like they were just there to move the story along.

I have confidence they will evolve the gameplay in the sequel. The video's vibe seemed to elude to more action, unless this is all in her head, again.

The story and graphics were cool the gameplay and repetitiveness was highly lacking. My point is tht the first looked good but alot of tht was due to how thy made tht quasi open world so closed off and restrictive in a world lacking enemies and variety.

Gamernyc78

Banned
As a sidenote. I think their marketing strategy of having this be on Ps5 is working.
Would this game really have a 3 pages long thread for a short gameplay clip if it wasn't the first announced ps5 game?

I think anything right now would rack up pages of discussion lol the thirst is real and this game is being marketed by us to death. Shit how many likes the PS5 logo got was talked about for several pages 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Psykodad

Banned
Honestly though, Hellblade is easily one of the best games this gen and it's combat was rather good. Getting into the flow during the final battle was truly mesmerizing.

But I doubt Ninja Theory is able to deliver ingame quality at the level of the Hellblade 2 trailer.
Then again, Heavenly Sword looked really good and had solid gameplay when it released, so maybe I'm wrong here.

Godfall's gameplay looks fun at least, from that clip.
Smooth animations too.

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
Honestly though, Hellblade is easily one of the best games this gen and it's combat was rather good. Getting into the flow during the final battle was teuly mesmerizing.

But I doubt Ninja Theory is able to deliver ingame quality at the level of the Hellblade 2 trailer.
Then again, Heavenly Sword looked really good and had solid gameplay when it released, so maybe I'm wrong here.

Godfall's gameplay looks fun at least, from that clip.
Smooth animations too.

If you believe the combat was good and it's one of the best games this gen thts cool and I respect your opinion but I didnt believe so and sitting at 81 meta is good but not numbers representative of one of the best games this gen.

Again but my point in mentioning it was the huge trade offs it did in order to get those pretty shiny graphics in the first if the second will be restrictive like the first then meh

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
People who end their sentences with 'lol' should not be taken seriously when they try and troll.

You can't even have the confidence to not include the insecure laugh at the end.

Psykodad

Banned
If you believe the combat was good and it's one of the best games this gen thts cool and I respect your opinion but I didnt believe so and sitting at 81 meta is good but not numbers representative of one of the best games this gen.

Again but my point in mentioning it was the huge trade offs it did in order to get those pretty shiny graphics in the first if the second will be restrictive like the first then meh
A meta score doesn't mean a game can't be one of the best this gen.
Also: "one of...."

Anyway, I don't even think Hellblades graphics were that special.
I don't even think it was a trade-off, it just wasn't their focus. It wasn't even a full-scale project.

But this is a Godfall thread, so let's move on.

ethomaz

Banned
People who end their sentences with 'lol' should not be taken seriously when they try and troll.

You can't even have the confidence to not include the insecure laugh at the end.
Ohhhh that is what means lol?
I put lol to say I’m laughing at what the bullshit/lie the dude wrote.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Ohhhh that is what means lol?
I put lol to say I’m laughing at what the bullshit/lie the dude wrote.

I was referring to this disingenuous type trolling.

Needs more 'yikes' and many 'not a good look' type patterned responses. ;)

These are the “next gen” console exclusives people so desperately want lol

the epic exclusives that make them buy a console although the same game releases in pc lol

DonF

Raytracing isn't new but up until recently it has been used sparingly with how demanding it is on the hardware and this game is running at 4K 60 with high quality effects and particles which are also demanding
I know. It looks as good as warframe looked maxed on pc when the ps4 was released.
I feel like this game is going to be the warframe of the ps5 release window.

Yeah, but, "every single thing that looks good about it can be stripped away to theoretically make it run on last-gen" so that proves that it's really just a cross-gen game and Xbox rules POS5 drools

This can be applied to every single next-game, Hellblade 2 included. And we can go in circles.

Romulus

I honestly think next gen will just be native 4k versions if the 1080p stuff we're getting now, with 60fps options more often at lower resolutions. At least for the first two years.

I honestly think next gen will just be native 4k versions if the 1080p stuff we're getting now, with 60fps options more often at lower resolutions. At least for the first two years.

I'd like to think there will be a boost from medium-ish settings high/ultra settings as well, but yeah I know what you mean

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
While I won’t take back my initial comments about it being generic and uninspired... It’s a small dev team.

Remnant is a Soulshooter clone in an online setting as well and also from a small team and is pretty great so...

Looks nothing like warframe. Warframe moves at like 20x the speed as this. Looks like souls with co-op. So it’s just gonna be 3rd person Diablo. Which would sound awesome But there’s little reason to be excited at the moment because it’s a no-name developer.

Why would it be PS5 exclusive? Was it announced as being such or just revealed first for it?

Quezacolt

This reminds me of the start of this gen, where at the start, some people believed that the jump from last gen to current wouldnt be anything significant. Let's wait until more games announced and playable before making any judgments. Like it was mentioned before, this was a very old build and it seems the game was changed from the ps4 to ps5. Let's not judge an entire new generation out of the footage of one single game.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
This reminds me of the start of this gen, where at the start, some people believed that the jump from last gen to current wouldnt be anything significant. Let's wait until more games announced and playable before making any judgments. Like it was mentioned before, this was a very old build and it seems the game was changed from the ps4 to ps5. Let's not judge an entire new generation out of the footage of one single game.
Going by just about every generation, year one is maybe a couple eye poppers, and the rest of the games are up-ports. ONly jump in if you have to have the latest gear.

If not, wait till year 2 or 3 when the better games come out.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
These are the “next gen” console exclusives people so desperately want lol

I am not sure if you are being purposefully ignorant or otherwise.

Most launch titles on new consoles rarely look all that great compared to previous generations unless there was a *massive* leap like from going Atari to NES, NES to SNES, or 16 bit to 3D. Compare Resistance: Fall of Man (which looked like an HD PS2 game) to The Last of Us or Infamous Second Son to Death Stranding.

As time goes on, developers get more and more understanding of how to ring out the most power from a new system. This has *always been the case*.

Top Bottom