• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Godfall |OT| Under the scarab's shell, all creation is shielded

cormack12

Gold Member
v84YUZH.png

ldu9Jnl.gif

hY20jLF.gif

EmavVaIXUAA3KME

cTxboMF.gif

TOLv7FS.gif

670yiCX.gif

XdumB6Z.gif

tiFgaJO.gif

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Great OT. Just curious why you didn't use the launch trailer or the Godfall celebration trailer? The combat walkthrough trailer is kind of boring in its presentation and no longer represents the final graphics of the game.

If you have better links just post them and I'll add to OT :)

Sethbacca

It's always dangerous taking a shot on a new IP, but I'm hoping I enjoy it. Took advantage of the target sale so worst case scenario I could probably trade it toward something else if it's a bust.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I’m tempted by this if I start to see a little more depth to it. Seems nice and shiny right now, but about as deep as a puddle.

Roufianos

ZOMG da epicness.

Seriously though, just got to wait and see with this one. It will most likely be shit but it could surprise us.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
waiting on reviews, after Avengers really hard to trust previews and stuff on new IPs. Hope its good, always like a looter shooter. Might still preorder on epic since they have a good return policy.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I can't tell if this game will be a complete dud or a lot of fun. I'm waiting for some reviews and impressions to hit.

HomebrewHero

Neo Member
I'm interested to see reviews, as I'm looking to take advantage of the Target deal and its likely this or Valhalla. I saw that the codes went out yesterday, so hopefully there's at least some initially impressions to check out pretty soon.

GreyHand23

If the game actually ends up being good, I have to wonder what the thinking was in terms of marketing. Counterplay games is a small studio and they seem to be very focused on controlling costs that don't directly affect game development. They were working remotely well before Covid to save money on office space. Then again Gearbox is the publisher and they should be on top of marketing. Besides the game being bad, the only thing I can think is that Gearbox isn't quite sure how this will sell or be received so they've decided to not go crazy with marketing and instead just let good word of mouth do the work.

Sethbacca

I'm interested to see reviews, as I'm looking to take advantage of the Target deal and its likely this or Valhalla. I saw that the codes went out yesterday, so hopefully there's at least some initially impressions to check out pretty soon.

I've been reading they're out of Valhalla. Probably best to take advantage sooner rather than later and return/exchange what you don't want.

Griffon

2 days after a Destiny expansion. I'm not sure about this...

My gaming group doesn't look like they're quite sold on it, so I guess it'll be wait and see for me.

Yes it’s looks amazing and the gameplay is stat of the art looks really addicting love games with loot and this one looks incredible

GymWolf

Is anyone here buying the ps5 version to play some coop?

Also, did they announced how is gonna run on ps5? Different modes? 4k30? 4k60?

I'm to a point where my pc is not always better than a ps5 so i have to choose carefully where to buy games.

Of course on pc the price is almost half of console price and i don't have to pay for internet gaming in fucking 2020...also 60 frame on console are almost never stable and in a game like this maybe 1440p60 locked are better than 4k60 unstable.

Decisions decisions...

Great ot dude.

Last edited:

GymWolf

waiting on reviews, after Avengers really hard to trust previews and stuff on new IPs. Hope its good, always like a looter shooter. Might still preorder on epic since they have a good return policy.
Epic is even better than steam with refunds, they returned the money to me immediately after i asked for a refund.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Beautiful OT. Still on the fence with this one. If the impressions are solid, I will check it out as a good dungeon romp with friends.

Sethbacca

Is anyone here buying the ps5 version to play some coop?

Also, did they announced how is gonna run on ps5? Different modes? 4k30? 4k60?

I'm to a point where my pc is not always better than a ps5 so i have to choose carefully where to buy games.

Of course on pc the price is almost half of console price and i don't have to pay for internet gaming in fucking 2020...also 60 frame on console are almost never stable and in a game like this maybe 1440p60 locked are better than 4k60 unstable.

Decisions decisions...

Great ot dude.

Pretty sure 4k60 only. I remember reading that 60fps was integral to the experience and the flow of combat or something.

WellSheet

Depending on reviews, anything above 75.... I need that coop fix and it looks really good to me.

I’m right with you!

this looks like the perfect way to break in co op on the new console. I think it strikes a great balance between loot hunting and visceral, fast melee combat. In that regard, I actually feel like it’s possibly got it’s own little niche to occupy.

HomebrewHero

Neo Member
I've been reading they're out of Valhalla. Probably best to take advantage sooner rather than later and return/exchange what you don't want.

Wow, I wonder if there is just more demand with the new consoles coming out because I wouldn't expect such a big release to be sold out.

Sethbacca

Wow, I wonder if there is just more demand with the new consoles coming out because I wouldn't expect such a big release to be sold out.

Yeah, I just looked a bit ago, they're out of both Valhalla editions on ps5, the ps4 version is still available though and has a free upgrade so not that big a deal.

GymWolf

Depending on reviews, anything above 75.... I need that coop fix and it looks really good to me.
Oh, i don't give a fuck about scores, i just want to see more long gameplay where i can i have an idea of the flow of the game, journalists telling me if a combat system is good or bad is the joke of the century.

I just have to decide if ps5 or pc.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
I watched some people playing it on Twitch for like 10 minutes to get some idea of the game flow and how co-op works. It seems like it could be cool, but the reviews don't have me ready to spend a lot of money to find out.

Well I have the game installed. Might try it out for an hour or so. Not sure what to play first.

Is there no matchmaking for co-op? That’s a terrible omission if so

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Was on the fence about this or Demon's Souls. Picked Demon's Souls after reading the reviews for both.

This seems like it should drop in price really quickly.

GymWolf

Combat doens't seems shallow at all, it has a lot of mechanics and build possibilities, i'm playing the game right now and it's far more polished than valhalla :ROFLMAO:

cormack12

Gold Member
Any PS5 impressions? I hate there's no matchmaking - ideally they'll patch it in later. Apparently the visuals for impact may be underwhelming but the Dualsense does the heavy lifting to balance it out

trikster40

I’ve got the game but I’m afraid to open it. Not sure reviews can really do it justice. Most say it’s awesome
But gets repetitive, but that can be fixed with updates. On the fence about opening it or returning it.

Top Bottom