• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Godfall "When restarting or switching stages it takes about 1 minute to load"

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtlepowa

Banned
Sounds much for a PS5 optimized game with such a fast SSD. What do you guys think, will those loading times between levels be normal for next gen games? Or will the release version have faster loading times? Theoretically that would mean 2 minutes on a Xbox.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
I think that, like any new feature, there’s going to be winners and losers in taking advantage of it, and that it will take some time to get to grips with, with even more impressive results coming later.

As a developer, you definitely want to be on the good side of that, though. From everything we understand, one minute is unacceptable.

Ellery

Completely honest it seems odd to me. Obviously I don't speak japanese, but it might be some sort of mistranslation or subjective feeling he is talking about there, because even right now it doesn't take a minute and I couldn't explain why the PS5 (or Xbox or PC for that matter) with an NVME SSD would ever take that long. It would be a software problem then.

Credit to xHunter xHunter

Poof, "It's not that different from the PS4, is it? But after playing the game, we found that there is a big difference between the benefits of PS4 and PS5. "There are some tactile sensations such as haptic feedback and adaptive triggers, but most importantly "It's all about loading speed. You don't have to wait around unnecessarily while playing. The benefit of this is subtle, but I definitely felt it was a big benefit.

I think it's different when you're playing when you're restarting or switching between maps in a few seconds after a game over or when you switch maps, than when you're restarting or switching between stages that take about a minute to load.

Have you ever thought about not going back to the previous map for now because of the time it takes to switch between maps?

If you could fast-travel in an open-world game in a couple of seconds, wouldn't you want to actively explore every inch of the map?

Have you ever thought about taking quests in the northwest area in bulk because it takes more than 30 seconds to load every time you fast travel?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

It's being compared to old hardware.

Last edited:
Sounds much for a PS5 optimized game with such a fast SSD. What do you guys think, will those loading times between levels be normal for next gen games? Or will the release version have faster loading times? Theoretically that would mean 2 minutes on a Xbox.

Are u serious with this troll thread?. Linking to a bad translated japanese text when in reality what is said is in previous gens it would take a minute, but in this is a second... FUD is at full throttle. Next open a thread saying the consoles were pluged off.

Last edited:

Dodkrake

Banned
This was already debunked. Google translate doesn't translate it accurately.

The context is all wrong.

From DeepL:

when you get to GAME OVER or switch maps, you can restart or switch maps in a few seconds, but when you restart or switch stages, it takes about a minute to load.
 Have you ever thought about not going back to the previous map for now because of the time it takes to switch between maps?

If you could fast-travel in an open-world game in a couple of seconds, wouldn't you want to actively explore every inch of the map?

Have you ever thought about taking quests in the northwest area in bulk because it takes more than 30 seconds to load every time you fast travel?

I think it's a great thing to not have to think about those "unnecessary" things when playing a game. I'm sure there are some people who use the length of the game to switch their minds and use the time in a positive way.

Basically, the text compares what we had and why it's now great not to have it (long loading times)

CrysisFreak

Banned
This is now the 8th time I read this mistranslated shit here.
Can't you think for yourself and naturally conclude that literally no single next-gen game will have a minute long load time.
Do you really need to do this?

turtlepowa

Banned
Are u serious with this troll thread?. Linking to a bad translated japanese text when in reality what is said is in previous gens it would take a minute, but in this is a second... FUD is at full throttle. Next open a thread saying the consoles were pluged off.
Dude, i don't speak japanese. If the translator got it wrong, the thread can be closed. No need to be agressive.

Why would you even post this? It shouldn't take XSX a minute to load anything optimized for the hardware either. It doesn't make logical sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom