• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Goeff Keighley: 15 game publishers will premiere new content and make announcements during Gamescom

spawn

I'm hoping for more of the last of us 2 gameplay and more gameplay of modern warfare from activision

Aggelos

Resident Evil 8 reveal sounds very likely.

Highly unlikely..... You might have to wait for next-gen consoles to arrive to see that happening.
Dusk Golem (Aesthetic gamer) says

I can certainly expect Capcom announcing a DLC for RE2Remake called Jill's Escape Story or something (that will be the RE3 Remake that fans were/are waiting for)
Out-sourced project (in the same manner Not a Hero DLC was for RE7)

Last edited:
SNK mentioned about the Neo Geo Next Gen Console announcement "soon". Will it be at Gamescom or TGS?

I am also hoping that Konami can give us a hint at more games going on the PC Engine Mini

Last edited:

spartan30gr

Gamescom is getting more interesting than e3 this year?.Bright it on. I hope we see more propet gameplay trailers this time

Last edited:
Nothing to get excited over. By the hypsters own words its primarily DLC, GAAS updates and other similar content. Maybe one or two actual game announcements if anything.

I'm sure he'll hold onto any bigish gets for game awards.

Kazza

I apologize for the port-begging, but somehow bringing their Total War franchise to consoles would be wonderful.

(played it since the beginning with Shogun: Total War)

They recently decided to port Two Point Hospital, so I don't see why they wouldn't (except for the fact that they haven't released a Total War on console before). Rome: Emperor Edition would be a good choice, as it's already complete with DLC, and should work better on Switch, being an older game. Sure, it would be awkward playing with a controller, but so was Command and Conquer on the Saturn back in the day, but it was still fun. With Two Point, Civ 6 and Sim City already on console, I agree that it's time for Total War to come too.

Kagey K

Banned

since this year

Well that’s interesting, usually Gamescom is a deeper dive into stuff we saw at E3. With Geoff hosting a show is it likely we will get all the big announcements before the show officially starts?

KOMANI

KOMANI
Yie Ar Kung Fu 2 from Konami...
How about something else from Konami...

Venom Snake (@VenemSnake) Tweeted:
........!!!?

@Nyxus_MGS @LegendarySnakeV @Konami @geoffkeighley @gamescom Y YongYea @PythonSelkan
@metalgear_en @metalgear_jp
@MetalGearSolidV @MgsOuterHaven @Robin_A_Downes
@christophran @TroyBakerVA
@RealKiefer @db_singer_actor
#PlayStation4 #MetalGearSolidV #MGSV #MGS5 #MGS https://t.co/E1RxTOEwYZ

Edit: btw, i think this is totally fake

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
That’s a trap. Won’t get excited much to avoid disappointments BUT, if they announced new Yakuza, Phantasy Star, and Dino Crisis, I’ll go running in the streets like a mad lad
When did Geoff start doing Gamescom?
because his BFF (Kojima) is appearing. He’s anywhere Kojima is.

Mista

Banned

........!!!?

@Nyxus_MGS @LegendarySnakeV @Konami @geoffkeighley @gamescom Y YongYea @PythonSelkan

It’s an Arabic tweet and starts with “rumour” so yeah, I won’t get my hopes up anyways

FranXico

........!!!?

The Kingdom of the Flies chapter (a.k.a. the games true ending) getting released as DLC?

The fact that he is chose "content" to describe these announcements suggests he might not even be talking about entirely full fledged games. It could be some seasonal additions like DLC or new characters in a fighting game.

Silent Duck

Dino Crisis Remake...
where you play as a genetically enhanced, gun weilding raptor... John J. Rapto

FuxbsRo.jpg

Garnox

As others have stated earlier, I’d love to see a return to grace for Mass Effect.

Long shot, I know, but a man can dream. Le sigh.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Square Enix will premiere something new?

Keeping my hopes high! Hope it's an FFVII collection (DoC + CC)!

Petrae

While E3 struggles and the ESA continues to leave sensitive attendee info out there for anyone to see, it’s interesting to see Gamescom make a charge forward. If/when E3 dissolves (the inevitable class action lawsuit for DoxGate could do the trick), maybe Gamescom rises as THE annual industry event.

I still have my doubts that shows like these are really that important in an age where any publisher can announce anything thanks to on-demand video delivery and the social media tidal wave, but if one’s got to exist, perhaps Gamescom is the one.

Dargor

So, maybe its just me, but that add in the OP is kinda ambiguous...

Its going to be a big pile of

qLOjsaw.jpg

isn't?

Kadayi

Banned
Kingdomcome Deliverance sequel, though unfortunately with Warhorse being under Deep Silver I fear it will be an EGS exclusive

Top Bottom