• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GoG Summer Sale 2015

autoduelist

shadowgate SE, yes or no?

My current cart is:

Total Annihilation: Kingdoms
Master of Magic
Bard's Tale (I already own on steam... but i can't resist having it on gog)
Tales Of Maj'Eyal (DLC, I already have main game)

Shadowgate Special Edition pretty much doubles the cost of my cart... and i don't know anything about it other than it seems to come highly recommended.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Found some more old but gold:

Earth 2140 Trilogy
Earth 2160
Deus Ex™ GOTY Edition
Cannon Fodder 2
Earth 2150 Trilogy
Cannon Fodder
Fragile Allegiance
Cyberia

Aru

Is it likely that Freedom Planet ends up in a bundle (Tier 1 or BTA) soon? It's cheap on GOG now but I don't want to buy now and then get it in a HB or similar in a few weeks.

Knurek

Is it likely that Freedom Planet end up in a bundle (Tier 1 or BTA) soon? It's cheap on GOG now but I don't want to buy now and then get it in a HB or similar in a few weeks.
It was in a recentish Indie Gala already.

This is what I mean. Just not up to par with the rest of the music in the series. Is that good for a video game? Absolutely. Good for an Ys game? Not really. I mean what the fuck is this? You call that boss music for an Ys game?

It does have some great music though: 1, 2, 3.

I just got done with all 3 Ark Engine games and I found that this one is definately rawer than the others (the item or Catastrophe system is flaky due to how hard enemies hit being balanced for 9 healing items), but the level design is tight, the red-haired buzzsaw action is already there, and there's just enough narrative to keep you going without bogging you down in (rather good) chatter.

Meh, I didn't find the narrative to be that interesting. I personally was more engaged with Origin, 2, and even Ys 1. Though I did find it more engaging than Ys: OiF's narrative, so it has that going for it.

I've only bought Arcanum so far.

Play as a mage. You're welcome.

Do I want Pier Solar?

From my experience, this is how the average conversation goes about somebody asking about Pier Solar:

Curious Person said:
How's Pier Solar?

Poster 1 said:
It's shit.

Poster 2 said:
Terrible game, don't make the same mistake I did of purchasing it.

Curious Person said:
Wow what makes it so bad?

Every Poster in the Thread said:
Everything.

terrisus

My current cart is:

Master of Magic

Shadowgate Special Edition pretty much doubles the cost of my cart... and i don't know anything about it other than it seems to come highly recommended.

Well, here's my review of it.

Needess to say, I say yes.

Nikodemos

My haul for this interval:

Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages
Risk of Rain
Mark of the Ninja Special Edition
The Marvellous Miss Take

Damn it, at this pace I'll be 100 euros in the hole. :(

Red Hood

Banned
Is last light the only metro to get a redux? I thought both did.

Yes, both did. I've usually seen them offered as a bundle, but they're sold separate as well. Weird 2033 Redux doesn't seem to be on GOG though, it's a better "redux/remaster" than Last Light. The latter is just graphical a little better while 2033R has the LL mechanics and stuff.

Morfeo

Really tempted by those Jagged Alliance and Lords of the Realms-games. Always wanted to try Gangsters too. But I have already spent so much...

My current cart is:

Master of Magic

I really liked shadowgate. Did you play the original?

ZeroXZee

The Galaxy client convinced me to start using GOG more often. Already bought Empire Earth, and waiting for more.

Capitalism II will be on sale, right!? :(

MrFortyFive

The Galaxy client convinced me to start using GOG more often. Already bought Empire Earth, and waiting for more.

Capitalism II will be on sale, right!? :(

It was a couple days ago. It's almost guaranteed to repeat before the sale is over on the 21st though.

autoduelist

Well, here's my review of it.

Needess to say, I say yes.

Welp, it's no longer on sale so I'm spared making the decision for now. But thank you for the review.

I double dipped on Bard's Tale even though I own it on steam. I sort of feel strange about that, but I was curious to see if it runs better 'out of the box' than it does on Steam (where it took quite a bit of work to get it running). I figure I can easily move the save over if I have to. But throwing an extra 2 bucks at gog and inXile is okay by me.

So many games. So much backlog.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Did anyone else get Oceanhorn? This game is doing... something. I can't tell if it's low-level chromatic aberration or just a blurring around everything except the very center of the screen, but it's awful. It's making me feel like my glasses aren't clean. Is there any way to turn it off?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Ugh, yeah I can't play this like this. It feels like the game is shitting on my eyes. The IQ looked so clean in screenshots but that's because they were downsized to where it basically doesn't exist. If you hate chromatic aberration/vignette/blurring shit don't waste your money on Oceanhorn. I'm super annoyed because it was one of the more expensive games I picked up.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
i have 239 games on gog and have not even played 10% of the ones that i didn't already play way back when. bought like 50 games during this sale. why do i do this? i'll never play these.

terrisus

i have 239 games on gog and have not even played 10% of the ones that i didn't already play way back when. bought like 50 games during this sale. why do i do this? i'll never play these.

At least you know that - provided you allow yourself to - you'll always have them, and can play them whenever you want.

Ugh, yeah I can't play this like this. It feels like the game is shitting on my eyes. The IQ looked so clean in screenshots but that's because they were downsized to where it basically doesn't exist. If you hate chromatic aberration/vignette/blurring shit don't waste your money on Oceanhorn. I'm super annoyed because it was one of the more expensive games I picked up.

That's weird, I don't remember that when I played it on iPad. Did they add this for the PC version?

MrFortyFive

If you contact support and explain the situation, you might get your money back if you want it. Since you've already downloaded the game, you'd normally only be able to return it If you couldn't get it running on your computer, but if this unchangeable setting is so profoundly impacting your ability to play and enjoy the game, they might make an exception. It's worth a shot.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
playing some of the old adventure games, and got a random question. is it really the case that you can't skip dialogue in the dig or am i just an idiot? been about a decade since i last played it so i didn't remember this. what a silly design choice.

Morfeo

playing some of the old adventure games, and got a random question. is it really the case that you can't skip dialogue in the dig or am i just an idiot? been about a decade since i last played it so i didn't remember this. what a silly design choice.

I dont remember about the Dig in particular, but I think it was standard in some of the Lucasarts-games that you could click both mouse-buttons at the same time to skip it.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
I dont remember about the Dig in particular, but I think it was standard in some of the Lucasarts-games that you could click both mouse-buttons at the same time to skip it.

thanks, it didn't work but i figured out pressing "." skips a line of dialogue. didn't find the list of key mapping until now.

AtmaVegeta

Neo Member
Current Haul so far:
Imperialism 1 + 2 (Love these games, been craving playing them so much. Already put pro 10 hours in over the weekend)
Lords of the Realm 1-3 (part 2 - great)
Shogo (Sitll have cd version from when young)
Silver (Loved as a kid)
Deadlock 1 (steam version is jacked)

Missed out on Betrayal at Krondor pack :(

Tizoc

Gonna buy Raptor when I get home.
W ehad that game when I was a kid and I'd love to re-experience it agian.

Top Bottom