• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Golden Axe:Beast Rider is alive!

GrayFoxPL

Btw. Any news on Sega's Viking game? The art was very nice.

From what I remember the game is in the same vain as golden axe so I always wondered why Sega's making two similar titles.

GrayFoxPL said:
Btw. Any news on Sega's Viking game? The art was very nice.

From what I remember the game is in the same vain as golden axe so I always wondered why Sega's making two similar titles.
Because they're hoping that one of them will be good, when most likely neither will?

I am getting tired of generic looking female leads. Actually, I am getting tired of generic lead characters regardless of gender. I can;t count how many games I've put down due to the main character not being interesting enough.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
I AM JOHN! said:
Because they're hoping that one of them will be good, when most likely neither will?

FWIW, Viking's already hugely impressive, and has plenty of dev time left to get better.

GrayFoxPL

I AM JOHN! said:

Ouch for Sega. :lol

Everyone's making fun of them now, when in the past They made it fun for everyone.

I guess they deserve it.

oracrest

seriously, if theres not a giant floating sea turtle in this game, I'll be pissed.

I hope they take the pick up and play charm of the original, and don't inundate the game with a bunch of character asset management/leveling up stuff.

Would be great if they nailed off the ease of use and diversity of gameplay of getting on all the different monsters.

Phthisis

I was talking to the sound deisgner of this game earlier today, and he said that it's come a long way and the team is really feeling good about it. Take that for what it's worth.

Pachinko

My bet is that it'll play like a god of war style game but with a hub level where you roam around on your lizard ostrich thing to find different levels to go to.

You know, the Heavenly Sword battle system would probably be perfect for this type pf game sans weapon switching. Or at least I think it would.

Top Bottom