• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Golden joystick award :TLOU2 wins the Ultimate GOTY and sweeps the award show

Rien

Jelly Belly
Yeah thought it was fantastic as well. Not as good as the the first one but still very good.

LectureMaster

Gold Member
Personally don't mind the game and totally fine with people enjoying it.

Just wish those horribly executed virtue signaling shits can get the fuck out of video games.

JediMind

Neo Member
Well deserved. My game of the generation for sure.
Would like to meet some of you haters and see what kinda life you are living, I have a hunch....

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
IMO there where far better games this yeah, but I guess the masses love their movie games. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

The game is really good and I never say this... but You really have to finish it to kinda realize that
If you need 20 hours to realize a game is good, then maybe it's that the game isn't very good.

Azurro

Banned
Regardless of its terrible narrative quality and very high production values and excellent visuals, it is a game that prominently features gay and trans people. It will win tons and tons of awards because of that, while I personally don't think a game with such terrible characters and writing deserves it.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
IMO there where far better games this yeah, but I guess the masses love their movie games. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

If you need 20 hours to realize a game is good, then maybe it's that the game isn't very good.
I know right?
But this is an exception really. And it was fun all the way through(some pad pacing in ellie campaign though) but it turned into a masterpiece

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I know right?
But this is an exception really. And it was fun all the way through(some pad pacing in ellie campaign though) but it turned into a masterpiece
Well glad you enjoyed it! For me the padding in Ellies campaign is what made me drop the game. Might replay it in the future but not now, I already have enough backlog. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

xrnzaaas

Everyone saw that coming, the only game that could stand in the way of TLoU2 sweeping all of the big awards was Cyberpunk. Now with Cyberpunk being released in December it's going to miss out on the vast majority of the awards, because only a few have the patience to wait until the end of the year.

Last edited:

tassletine

As I said before, one of the most depressing games I think I have ever played. Gameplay was solid and smooth, a technical marvel audio and visually, but man was the story depressing. I didn’t hate Abby, I actually empathized with her plight. I guess they accomplished what they set out to do with it on that front with the ebb and flow on how one felt about the characters throughout the journeys.
I've said it here before here, but I think the developers are pretty warped -- because they constantly mistake empathy for sympathy.
Empathy being what psychopaths lack, and sympathy being what psychopaths usually use to try and use to manipulate people.

It's this concentration on sympathy, and demanding that you feel sorry for the characters that really irks. At no point in the game did I feel that the developers wanted me to actually empathise with the characters (as they continuously make bad mistakes at the determent to themselves and others) just sympathise with them making those bad mistakes -- but why exactly? Because I played the first game?

Evilms

Banned
EnnzyHFXIAYpbd2

Topher

Gold Member
I could have done without some of the social political bullshit but I think TLOU 2 was definitely well-deserving of GOTY. Gameplay was extraordinary but I think the game itself was a couple of hours too long. I thought the narrative was superb and the dialogue was great. And frankly, I don't think anyone can match ND when it comes to animation. That cold-blooded grimace on Ellie's face when she does stealth kills just floors me every time. So yeah, GOTY....no doubt in my mind. Can't wait to see what ND does next.

Valentino

Wow Sony fanboys must have been really desperate for a win to mass vote for this game.... c'mon guys, you're better than this!
Add this to the "obviously rigged" "awards don't mean anything" pile.
"Sony fan boys must have been desperate for a win"............. no one be desperate for a win. In the least cringe inducing way possible - Sony has been winning for a long time. Why'd you sound so bitter?

Gameplay is amazing. Well deserved.

Funny Death Stranding won the PC award. For all the billy big bollocks talk of PC gamers, there was fuck all of real note to play.

Regardless of its terrible narrative quality and very high production values and excellent visuals, it is a game that prominently features gay and trans people. It will win tons and tons of awards because of that, while I personally don't think a game with such terrible characters and writing deserves it.

Lol you have a MGS avatar, I suppose you think that childish nonsense is good writing, right?!

I do love the MGS series but the story is fucking bad.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth

who gives a fuck who it features as long as it does so to feed and further the story, the characters where all brilliant and beleive me i wanted to kick the fucking screen when Abby killed Joel and had to struggle to play the cunt but by fuck Neil won me round and i came to care for her as much as the other characters so much so that i wanted to kick the fucking screen when it looked like Ellie was gonna kill Abby ffs

DrAspirino

Banned
Well deserved ND. Haters gonna hate.
Well deserved?????
Hahahahaha... AAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

Come on, man... Naughty Dog has NOTHING to do next to the geniuses at Asobo.

Asobo developed their own engine, they developed their own unique AI to create 3D landscapes from flat satellite pictures, they developed their own physics simulation system with real-time data from real meteorology services...

What Asobo did with Flight Simulator is nothing short of “black magic”.

Azurro

Banned
who gives a fuck who it features as long as it does so to feed and further the story, the characters where all brilliant and beleive me i wanted to kick the fucking screen when Abby killed Joel and had to struggle to play the cunt but by fuck Neil won me round and i came to care for her as much as the other characters so much so that i wanted to kick the fucking screen when it looked like Ellie was gonna kill Abby ffs

You are probably one of the few that enjoyed the she-hulk. Anyways, the SJW pandering and such have been discussed to death.

My point here is that, regardless of the narrative failures (or qualities), this game will earn accolades and awards simply because it has excellent production values and it stars gay and trans people. Nothing else will come into consideration because the game, the producer and director have positioned themselves as stunning and brave victims for using those characters and now the media will reward them to compensate the "abuse" and for being so "brave".

Alan Wake

Expected. But it was maybe my biggest disappointment in almost 30 years of gaming. I regret pre-ordering both the Special and Collector's Editions of this game. Such a technical masterpiece but a complete disaster story wise.

The graphics were amazing, especially the way lighting was used. Gameplay was fine I guess.
It's the writing and story I did not enjoy.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I've said it here before here, but I think the developers are pretty warped -- because they constantly mistake empathy for sympathy.
Empathy being what psychopaths lack, and sympathy being what psychopaths usually use to try and use to manipulate people.

It's this concentration on sympathy, and demanding that you feel sorry for the characters that really irks. At no point in the game did I feel that the developers wanted me to actually empathise with the characters (as they continuously make bad mistakes at the determent to themselves and others) just sympathise with them making those bad mistakes -- but why exactly? Because I played the first game?

Me personally, it was not sympathy, but I can understand why some would go that route knowing more about each character than the character's knew about each other.

But putting myself in either one's shoes, I could empathize with their course of actions, taking into account the world they live in, and the fact that they did not know every little detail about one another. Emotions leading their actions and all of that nuance. There were no winners.

Last edited:

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
The best game won, gotta laugh at all the fragile ego's reacting with the smiling emoji though!

Something tells me that a VERY large portion of the people who didn't like TLOU2 voted for Trump.

Keep politics in the politics section- otherwise it regresses into off topic derailment like below.

Not every place is quite that dumpster fire like yours.
Tell us, from which utopia do you hail?
From southeast Asia, and I'm offended with every association made with regards to that last comment.

Top Bottom