• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Golden Sun DS revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

trinest

Coxswain said:
This is going to sound like a total dick question but I swear I'm being sincere: Was there anything that was actually particularly good about Golden Sun?
I only liked the first one. Story was epic. Awesome prologue, interesting towns etc.

Second one was just nasty- put out to make a quick buck IMO.

Wizpig

KuwabaraTheMan said:
This was one of the greatest moments of the press conference. Such a great announcement.
Same :)
I just don't like the new Kingdom-Hearts-like art... and i still don't know if it was confirmed that Camelot is doing this :p

JudgeN

SOOOOOOOOO when will we find out if this is a remake or golden sun 3?

remake = me so very pissed beyond belief.

-x.Red.x-

NTR_GoldenSunDS_01illu1_E3.jpg

Isacc LOOKS SICK

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Best damn news I've heard portable-wise in a long time.

But like others have said, plz don't be a remake, and plz be made by camelot.

mandiller

That gameplay video shows confirmation that it's made by Camelot. Not that I expected anything different but it's nice to know all the same.

The graphics look great. It has the same look and perspective as the GBA titles do but shows off the 3d engine at times for cinematic segements like entering a cave etc. Very nice!

DMPrince said:

Golden_sun_cast.png

Where the fuck is Ivan.

Does it means that the artwork has really changed and its only an artwok from the first part of the game, which means no Ivan. So its a Golden Sun remake?

Or that its clearly GSIII and they have grown up a little.
Because Garet's face has totally changed.

And Mia in this one <3
Wait a moment. maybe its not even Mia :O

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
That gameplay video is making me cry tears of joy.

trinest said:
I only liked the first one. Story was epic. Awesome prologue, interesting towns etc.

Second one was just nasty- put out to make a quick buck IMO.

You're crazy, The Lost Age improved on everything about the original.

I just hope Golden Sun DS isn't the final title (GSDS has a nice ring to it, however).

This is going to sound like a total dick question but I swear I'm being sincere: Was there anything that was actually particularly good about Golden Sun?
For me the exploration was awesome. Zelda-esque dungeon puzzles in an RPG, yes please. Also finding the Djinn was really exciting/satisfying. They were all hidden, but in logical ways. You could take a look at something and figure out "theres something im missing here"

Also it was one of the best looking games on GBA

me Jojo

SpacePirate Ridley said:
Where the fuck is Ivan.

Does it means that the artwork has really changed and its only an artwok from the first part of the game, which means no Ivan. So its a Golden Sun remake?

And Mia in this one <3

It's a sequel. The characters portrayed here are descendants of Isaac, Mia and Garet. They just happen to look exactly the same. >_>

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
SpacePirate Ridley said:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/52/Golden_sun_cast.png

Where the fuck is Ivan.

And Mia in this one <3

Axe dude cannot be Garet. Garet was a Mars Adept, and this guy is using lightning (Jupiter Alchemy).

My guess is that these kids are the descendants of the original heroes.

Johann

Coxswain said:

I mean, I played the first one when it came out, but can't remember a single thing about it beyond the fact that it was an original RPG on the GBA and that it had nice looking sprites in battles. So was there anything exceptional about it in terms of gameplay, or story, or whatever, or do people like it for more nebulous, Dragon Quest style "it's just good" type reasons (and, I mean, if it is that's cool, again I'm not trying to be a backhanded jerk about it, but it's just not what I like these days)?

Golden Sun is most noted for mixing in-depth RPG gameplay with Adventure puzzle-solving and exploration. You'd use your characters powers in battle to fight enemies and out of battle for puzzle solving. It's dungeons essentially played like a Zelda with RPG battles.

It's very memorable to people for a number of reasons. Golden Sun 1 was among the first GBA games released and was heavily featured in early advertisements. It looked really good (using a quasi-3D look to great effect) and gave hope that the GBA would become a sort of a miniature SNES. Among ports and licensed shovelware, it was one of the few serious, original efforts for the system.

JaMarco

mandiller said:
The graphics look great. It has the same look and perspective as the GBA titles do but shows off the 3d engine at times for cinematic segements like entering a cave etc. Very nice!
I feel exactly the same way. Im very pleased to see that they still retained the same look and feeling of the first two games while being in 3D.
SHIT I cant fucking wait for this!

Regulus Tera said:
Axe dude cannot be Garet. Garet was a Mars Adept, and this guy is using lightning (Jupiter Alchemy).

My guess is that these kids are the descendants of the original heroes.

me Jojo said:
It's a sequel. The characters portrayed here are descendants of Isaac, Mia and Garet. They just happen to look exactly the same. >_>

Ok, thats fantastic.

Golden Sun III here we come.

smurfx

get some go again
nice i've been waiting for this. although i was hoping for a wii golden sun. i'll make sure to borrow my cousins ds and buy this game when it comes out. :D

One of my top three favorite announcements at the show period. Not only is it the next installment of one of the best RPG series ever, I don't think anyone expected an announcement this early.

mandiller

Rancid Mildew said:
One of my top three favorite announcements at the show period. Not only is it the next installment of one of the best RPG series ever, I don't think anyone expected an announcement this early.

It's been six god damn agonizing years!

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
This is the only surprise announcement that got me jumping up and down from sheer joy out of everything shown in the three conferences.

For the first time in a long time I am pleased nintendo.

Well this is a pleasant surprise.

Although having the descendants look nigh identical to their ancestors is pretty funny. What, did they skimp on the character design?

Forkball

I don't like the concept art. It looks a bit generic. Golden Sun had a great art style, I especially liked how everyone wore a color linked to their magic. Luckily the in game models look closer to the original art style.

Great hearing the music again, kind of wish they'd gone all out on 2D instead of 3D. The old ones were pretty damn impressive on the GBA.

Tabris

How awesome would it be if you could import your stats from Golden Sun 2 to Golden Sun DS like you could Golden Sun 1 to 2?

Man, Golden Sun 1 sucked though, I dunno how anyone could like that game. It only did so well because people were starved for a unique portable RPG at that time as it was only ports. Golden Sun 2 was pretty good though!

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Tabris said:
How awesome would it be if you could import your stats from Golden Sun 2 to Golden Sun DS like you could Golden Sun 1 to 2?
I've been waiting 6 years to transfer my save. 6 years. At this point I don't even care if I can transfer my save, I'm just so freaking glad we're finally getting a sequel. :D

Tabris

DS games can talk to the GBA port on the DS. So I don't see why it couldn't read from saves on the GBA cart!

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
That djinni seem to be way more drawn out then what I remember. I liked the they were cool looking but also fast in the first two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom