• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GoldenEye 007 Reloaded (Activision) - Amazon.fr Says Xbox 360/PS3

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Rahxephon91 said:
Was intersted in it, but it never got cheap enough and I would have to buy a classic controller. A 360 version will be welcome.
Classic Controller Pro + Goldeneye 007 would be $45 on amazon. Not that you should want a CC for it but anyway, just saying. I doubt it will be cheaper on 360 very soon.

Disguises

JaskoX1 said:
The GE007 wii is pathetic. It's nearly Call of Duty in the Goldeneye setting, well hardly that.
Goldeneye Wii is far from pathetic. One of my few purchases last year that I didn't regret afterwards.

Disguises

The Bookerman said:
If I was nintendo, I'd make activision hold on that, and make it a Wii U launch title.

But that's just me. I'm no marketer.
That's if they could. It's probable that Nintendo have no control over this.

[Nintex]

This game was really awesome, felt like a nice mix between classic GoldenEye objectives and set pieces Call of Duty style gameplay, easily the best Bond game in years. I wonder what it looks like in HD, in any case buy this game guys, it's a great game and not just 'great for Wii' like all other Wii 3rd party FPS games.

I couldn't stand playing GE Wii because the low framerate made me nauseous. Now watch as Activision utterly fails to improve it on the PS3/360.

If its an HD port, I would consider it if it has Move support or comes to Wii U with IR aiming. Dual analog can suck its sluggish clunky ass.
If its on 3DS, make the touchscreen aiming similar to MPH, but put the aiming field all the way to the left (or right depending on which hand you want to use)

Lima

Played through the Wii version with the classic controller pro. Gonna be good to play it with the 360 controller.

Orobi

Ehm, do you need some screenshots?
First batch.

2dlkjf8.jpg

jrqrzl.jpg

2wndbu0.jpg

wbx99w.jpg

sbu9w0.jpg

Looks ok I guess, but half of the appeal of the game for me is the pointer controls. I might be interested in this version if it was on PC though.

ThoseDeafMutes said:
Looks ok I guess, but half of the appeal of the game for me is the pointer controls. I might be interested in this version if it was on PC though.
Yea, I may double dip if it goes on a Steam sale at some point, assuming they sneak a PC version in there.

Disguises

Looks nice, but not as nice as I was expecting. I'll wait for more information, but I prefer pointer controls over prettier graphics.

Shiggy

nincompoop said:
I couldn't stand playing GE Wii because the low framerate made me nauseous. Now watch as Activision utterly fails to improve it on the PS3/360.

I didn't notice the low framerate ?

Any chance we'll ever see an HD port in the style of Perfect Dark HD downloadable on the Wii U?

Yes, but Nintendo would have to buy Microsoft then.

They really improved those graphics, wouldn't have expected that.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Wonder if they will update/patch the levelling system of the MP?

The wii's one great FPS SP game that Wii owners could gloat about is now coming to the HD twins...Should I get this or not? I think I will but when the price drops..ohh well upside everyone gets to share the SP love :D

I'm wondering how Activision pulled this off.

I was under the impression Nintendo helped a lot with the development and marketing of the game, and even published it in Japan. After Nintendo's burn last gen with Capcom, I would have expected them to make an iron contract stating the game is a Nintendo exclusive.

It very possibly could be a Wii U game and not all the other systems.

Shiggy

balladofwindfishes said:

I was under the impression Nintendo helped a lot with the development and marketing of the game, and even published it in Japan. After Nintendo's burn last gen with Capcom, I would have expected them to make an iron contract stating the game is a Nintendo exclusive.

No...

jufonuk

not tag worthy
balladofwindfishes said:

would be nice as a Wii U, hopeing for a 3DS version....
EDIT: but more than likely an uport, most likely for Move, this is activision we are talking about..anyways to make some monies they will take that opportunity.

Shiggy said:
I didn't notice the low framerate ?
Really? Even if your standards are so low that you'll accept first person shooters that run at 30 fps, the fact is that GE Wii couldn't even manage that in any scene where there was even a moderate amount of action going on.

Alexios

Razor 81 said:
What was wrong with it? legitimate question, never played it.
Leveling and unlocks were way too slow is all. But either way the MP is just a COD knock off that is light on content. This game is bought for single player or not at all. Though 4 player local could be fun, that's almost despite the game, as almost anything can be fun in that case.
nincompoop said:
Really? Even if your standards are so low that you'll accept first person shooters that run at 30 fps, the fact is that GE Wii couldn't even manage that in any scene where there was even a moderate amount of action going on.
Only certain levels and areas were bad, it had little to do with the "action" and everything to do with the environment. Either way it wasn't far from the norm for consoles (though Wii tends to have many games at 60 fps thanks to Nintendo) except for a couple of horribad sections, like the final stretch with the waves of enemies and the crappy HDR effect that killed performance. Still, if you don't even play 30 fps games as you imply then you must play very little outside COD as far as console shooters go so it's only your loss.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Razor 81 said:
What was wrong with it? legitimate question, never played it.

Basically CoD-Really Lite..unlocks/perks loadouts etc on a ridiculously high level with painful leveling system, unless you played it for ages day in day out would would get left behind, where as CoD Blops seemed to be a case of play a few matches level up and buy stuff, this isn't..also had a very limited number of modes to choose from.

legend166

I feel like I'd rather just play it on Dolphin and keep the pointer controls. I got the game on Wii last week and it's all about the pointer. So good.

Maxrunner

I've yet to use move for pointing, but i've read that its not as good as wii???has more lag or something, will the ps3 version support it???

Disguises

nincompoop said:
Sure, it probably dropped frames here and there, but I never noticed anything big. I notice bigger framerate drops in other games, but I don't write off a game because of a few framerate issues.

Alexios

gamingeek said:
Why do the snow and jungle levels look worse?
I'm sure they won't. It's just a bad shot. You can find plenty of bad shots of the Wii version too.

Here's a good one via Dolphin, they aren't far from each other...
Dolphin%202010-11-06%2017-59-30-52.jpg

badgenome

Disguises said:
Has there been a press release or something with this information and screenshots? :S. Where is this info coming from?

Sony had a 007 game listed for Move support at E3. A lot of people suspected then that there would be a GoldenEye HD.

gamingeek

Alextended said:
I'm sure they won't. It's just a bad shot. You can find plenty of bad shots of the Wii version too.

Here's a good one via Dolphin, they aren't far from each other...

I don't know, some of the effects look wrong on the snow level to me and the shots are notably less crisp and detailed than the other screens here. My memory might be off but I don't remember blue lighting in the jungle either. Looks fairly artificial.

I'd have to go back and look at screens of the jungle on the wii version. Maybe I'm wrong.

Alexios

Can't really see the snowstorm effects as "wrong" before seeing it in motion. And the screens definitely aren't less crisp than native Wii screens...

Shiggy

nincompoop said:

Don't worry, I also don't notice 24 fps in movies ;)
While I noticed a few drops, those rarely happened during my playthrough. And the game isn't that long then again.

jufonuk said:
would be nice as a Wii U, hopeing for a 3DS version....
EDIT: but more than likely an uport, most likely for Move, this is activision we are talking about..anyways to make some monies they will take that opportunity.

We already know the platforms...

gamingeek

Alextended said:
Can't really see the snowstorm effects as "wrong" before seeing it in motion.

I definitely notice a difference, there seems to be no density to the snow effects, it looks too clear.

Alexios

So from "the snow level looks worse" to "the snow is slightly clearer than on Wii"? Big deal. The difference will be negligible at worst in motion if the effects is in other ways the same or improved. It's not like it was a super realistic or taxing effect on Wii either. It's simple and 90s style, just decently done.

Crisis

Banned
Maxrunner said:
how's the pointer for move??i've read that althought it has more tech going on for motion, its not as good as wiimote pointer, is this true??

It's going to depend on how Activision uses it. For example, Killzone 3 had perfect pointer controls.

stuminus3

Are you fucking kidding me. I've had enough of this "surprise, here's a better version!" bullshit this generation. It happens on PC all the time. When it's Wii > HD console it's even more of a sting. I'm not buying your stupid game again Activision, and I'm never buying any of your games brand new at or near release again.

(Though it's not actually stupid, GoldenEye 007 is amazing).

gamingeek

Alextended said:
So from "the snow level looks worse" to "the snow is slightly clearer than on Wii"?

Where did I say that? If you're going to put it in question marks you should at least use the words I did instead of altering it to mock me. :p

Alextended said:
Big deal.

Where did I say it was a big deal?

Remember, you thought that PS2 GTA looked better than Driver Wii.

onken

Do not understand the love for this game at all. Played through about half the campaign with a friend and thought it was very average. Pointer controls were good, though. Might bite at around $30 depending on bonus features.

Top Bottom