• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Goldeneye Wii Discussion

Penguin

Okay let's clean up this OP just a smidge.

First off, the reveal trailer. Its bright and early in the thread

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-goldeneye-007/101474

goldeneye.jpg

1) What is this Game?

Now this is the biggest question going around. As far as we can gather, this is not a remake of the game Goldeneye, but a re-imaging of the game/movie.

Gone is Pierce Brosnan who was James Bond at the time, in his place steps Daniel Craig, the series' current Bond.

We can also confirmed that Sean Bean won't be 006 in this game either.

2) What does it mean?

For most people, I think it means very little. I mean Bond never spoke in the first game, and it was a FPS so you hardly actually ever saw your main character.

For others, it means that this isn't the Goldeneye they grew up with if they are already starting with a somewhat different main character.

Its really up to you to decide how important the character changes are.

3) What has remained the same?

We honestly don't know for sure. From hands on/impressions it seems like a lot of the levels may retain their basic lay-out from the n64 version, but added sequences and objectives will be in the game.

Take the first mission the Dam, there is now an on-rails section in a truck added to the middle portion of the level.

There is also talks of an entire new level based on a night club Bond visits in the movie.

So we know to expect more than just a straight port/remake.

swerve

The shot sound effect and shot visuals are wrong. They aren't soft enough. Too crisp and harsh.

Therefore, it's a failure.

GoldenEye is all about the satisfying soft *thuds* of everything.

carlosp

Banned
you know and some been banned because they said it wont look much better then the original. It doesnt look much better then the original.

Busty

Banned
That may just be the most bizarre trailer for a video game I've ever seen.

Four player split screen interests me for old times sake.

Apart from that?

*shrugs shoulders*

One Wii game trailer. Better than an entire company press conference.

Graphics not so much, it truly looks like a ps2 game right now.

Oh come now, it's not like many Wii games look astonishingly better than the best looking PS2 games.

Metaphoreus

This is semantics, and nothing more
bridegur said:
Glad to see they're staying true to the power of the N64.
carlosp said:
you know and some been banned because they said it wont look much better then the original. It doesnt look much better then the original.
I'm not going to say that it's the best-looking game on Wii, but I will say that if you're going to be a douche, you may as well go all the way and post comparison screens so we can see how right you are, and join you in your raucous laughter.

Game-Biz

carlosp said:
carlosp
Banned
(Today, 02:12 PM)
Reply | Quote

stuminus3

Socreges said:
Has Eurocom ever made a good game?
Yes. They made Duke Nukem: Zero Hour, which was amazing. They did that Sphynx game, which was pretty decent. They made Dead Space: Extraction, which was great. They also made that World is Not Enough Bond game on the N64 which was pretty decent if not as groundbreaking as Goldeneye.

They've also made lots and lots and lots and lots of complete shit.

Davey Cakes

Dead Space Extraction, from what I heard, was a great-looking game. Then again, it was on rails.

But, if this gets a decent amount of polish then I'm sure it'll look just fine by the time it releases. Is there a date on the game yet?

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I can't see the video, so the reactions right now are extremely confusing to me.

Teknoman

If you think this game looks bad for a realistic style third party title, you're crazy.

347eb9u.jpg

Its not omg mindblowing, but its not ugly either.

Looks awesome I'd prefer Bronson for authenicity's sake even tho Craig is my fav Bond though.
Graphics look decent for Wii, hope it's the core hit that the Wii needs at the moment.

farnham

Banned
Rash said:
Dead Space Extraction, from what I heard, was a great-looking game. Then again, it was on rails.

If this gets a decent amount of polish then I'm sure it'll look just fine by the time it releases, just not spectacular. Is there a date on the game yet?
its not like on rails games are easy

there are a lot of mid range 8 to 9 scoring on rails games on the wii but last gen most of the onrails games were in the 6s and 7s

Top Bottom