• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Golf Story showing up on EU Switch eShop with a Sept. 28 release date

So glad this has a release date. Now we can all go back to asking for a Stardew Valley release date lol.

Seriously though this game does look awesome.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
The Game Informer article in the magazine (summarised by Nintendo Everything in the link here: http://nintendoeverything.com/new-golf-story-details/ ) made me want it even more.

– On a quest to go pro
– This is what the first chapter is about
– First chapter: research course maintenance, deal with vermin that might be possessed, attract interest by convincing a celebrity golfer to compete
– Malevolent spirits on the course try to use your golfing abilities to do your bidding
– Puzzle solving, drone flights, geocaching, mini golf, mowing, and more
– Lawn mowing involves fixing up an old course and getting it ready for tournaments
Quest Reward and Game Mechanic spoiler:
– One gameplay section has you rescuing turtles in one story thread, then show up during a match, letting you skim the ball across their backs to cross a tough water hazard

Alright, yeah, I'm in for $14.99 no problem.

Also, multiplayer wtf I somehow missed that.

depward

This is a rare case of not knowing if an OT will have a lot of posts, a little, positive or negative sentiment.

What an enigma this whole journey has been. And I don't think it'll stop at release either.

vareon

I still know nothing about this game! There are photos of people playing this at TGS but there are no impressions?

Fireblend

Banned
I still know nothing about this game! There are photos of people playing this at TGS but there are no impressions?

The game causes overwheming shyness as a side-effect of playing. That's why devs and everyone who's played the game are unable to communicate.

-GJ-

IGN Japan played and loved it, and there's this GameInformer article that's been summarized on the last page. According to someone on Twitter (I'll try to find the tweet) it was the only game on the Publisher's booth that didn't have a line to play it, so I'm guessing (sadly) not a lot of Japanese players were interested in the title.

cyba89

They showed so little of the game so I'll wait for reviews and then decide wether I get this or Steamworld Dig 2.

Cairnsay

Banned
I was already pretty excited for this, the weird build up its had has (for some reason) only increased my hype levels.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Oh yes, I have been waiting for this.

Shahadan

Golf Story |OT| Golf course it's releasing in September!

I don't know golf enough to come up with actual puns.
Alternatively :
Golf Story |OT| You won this hole!

bionic77

Its weird how like 5 seconds of footage can sell me on a game.

But I was in on this game instantly.

Something about a golf rpg/adventure seems brilliant and I feel like intuitively I know it is going to be really fun to play.

Axass

This keeps sounding amazing, even the icon is sick with that contrast of vivid colours, hope they don't go the minimalist way for the launch icon.

15€ sounds about right if it has decent length (4-6 hours I hope), and there's even multiplayer!

lordy88

Golf Story |OT| Slice n Dice

Golf Story |OT| Par For The Course

Golf Story |OT| Plot Holes In One

Golf Story |OT| Rough Putting Game

upandaway

I really hope it's good. I think the amount of excitement for a game we know so little about might have caused the developer to stay silent? I don't know

Have any review codes being sent yet? It's weird that there is no one playing the game out there right now. Imo this means that

a) either it has issues that they want to hide/might not be that good
or
b) the final game was just finished so they didn't have time to finalize it to send it out

I guess we will find out soon...

Kouriozan

Need to see gameplay video, hope they'll open the floodgate soon.
I was almost right, too.

So we finally get to see gameplay of it soon, it's totally getting delayed (or surprise September 29th release) but I just hope it'll launch before Mario Odyssey.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Golf Story |OT| Switch to a 9 Iron

can't think of a better club pun other than 9 being the release month

Kouriozan

15€ is really a nice price, I waited so long for a new Mario Golf RPG but Nintendo won't do it so I welcome Golf Story.

dralla

Can you customize your character at all? I haven't been paying too much attention to this but It seems to be the same looking dude in all the footage I've seen

This has been an intriguing case of a developer possibly too lean on manpower/budget to devote much more to publicity than cutting a trailer, but who didn't need to anyway because the concept and art style (plus the visibility that comes with Switch exclusivity when the early adopters have their wallets out) are maximally effective by themselves. I have my eye on it but may hold off for word of mouth while I wrap up some other games.

When was the last time a good game suddenly released when virtually no one knew anything about it? lol

Plenty of Switch indies showed up on short notice with little more than a trailer backing them, if you step back and look at this in perspective. I haven't played Kamiko, but didn't it land with nothing calling attention to it but buzz from Japan and a low price point?

Top Bottom