• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Golf Story showing up on EU Switch eShop with a Sept. 28 release date

Melchior

Finally I can't wait. It's a little unfortunate it's coming out a day before cuphead. I might just wait until I finish cuphead then jump in.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Great. I'll wait for impressions first though. I'm not a HUGE golf game fan, but I'll check it out if the OT is nothing but positive stuff, like Dig 2 was.

Fireblend

Banned
Finally I can't wait. It's a little unfortunate it's coming out a day before cuphead. I might just wait until I finish cuphead then jump in.

Sounds wise to wait for reviews for this one anyway. As excited as I am for the prospect of a love letter to Mario Golf on GBC, I'm not sold on this being that just yet. I'll wait on other people to bite the bullet and provide impressions first.

sanstesy

Really can't wait to see impressions. The game in concept sounds straight-up amazing but the quality has to be high across the board to make it work.

Fireblend

Banned
Just realized that no one has signed up to do the OT yet.

Someone should get on that!

Can't blame them, no one really knew when it was coming.

To anyone looking to make it, good news though, there's barely anything to say about the game since we know so little
KuGsj.gif
just post some screenshots and it's done.

How am I supposed to hold all these digital games?

I think I've bought more games for the Switch than I did for the Wii U in like its first 2 years.

guyssorry

I hope the game turns out great. It's a very unique idea and looks like it could be very fun. Only a few more days. Super excited.

watershed

Banned
Great timing. I just finished up Steamworld Dig 2 and will be done with the post-game stuff when this releases. But this game is definitely the wait for reviews type. No track record or detailed previews to go off of.

Hasney

Patrick mentioned this on Waypoint Radio and Austin suddenly lit up. Love how anyone who has any memory of the handheld Mario Golf games just gets excited when they hear about this.

oti

Banned
I wonder how much stuff there is in this game. For some reason I'm expecting a 20h+ long story. No idea how reasonable that is. But that's where my mind goes after hearing Stardew Valley.

Hasney

I wonder how much stuff there is in this game. For some reason I'm expecting a 20h+ long story. No idea how reasonable that is. But that's where my mind goes after hearing Stardew Valley.

Should probably get your head far away from Stardew. There's 8 courses though, so should be enough content.

Cairnsay

Banned

From what little information's out there, I get the impression the actual story will be far more linear/focused than something like Stardew. Apart from the community center stuff, Stardew was far more open, you basically created your own story as you went along.

It seems Golf Story has an actual story its wanting to tell. Any longevity beyond that will probably come from the actual golf part of the game. I would guess at the story taking between 6 - 10 hours from beginning to end. Of course I could be totally wrong.

Hasney

Wow, didn't know about that, or about the RPG-like feel of the Game Boy games. Only played N64 Tennis and Golf.

You could build up the character in the GBC/GBA Mario Golf/Tennis games through the story and then bring them into the N64/Gamecube versions of the games. It was fantastic and I miss them doing that.

Have review codes been sent anywhere? It's a little scary that we don't have any information about that...

Probably not. I think this is the very first date they could get it on the eShop after cert passed, which is why it didn't have a solid date.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Have review codes been sent anywhere? It's a little scary that we don't have any information about that...

Team is extremely small, and they are self publishing.

It's why they've had a small press kit in their site, through out that trailer, and went AFK due to needing to focus on getting the game done.

Maybe if this is successful then they can hire some more help. :p

Team is extremely small, and they are self publishing.

It's why they've had a small press kit in their site, through out that trailer, and went AFK due to needing to focus on getting the game done.

I dunno man, what if they just wanted to be mysterious. Now there is an air of the unknown to them, making them slightly more handsome and desirable and I bet their dad owns a Corvette.

Top Bottom