• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gone Home for consoles "not actively in development any longer" due to Majesco sit.

Steve Gaynor from Fullbright was on Colin & Greg Live (Kinda Funny Games) this morning to chat and had some information to share about Gone Home for consoles.

As many of us suspected, he confirmed that the deal with Midnight City/Majesco is now dead, as is the port.

Fullbright's focus is on their new game, Tacoma, and while they are still interested in bringing Gone Home to other platforms, there's not currently any new plans or deals in place.

During the show, Greg tweeted to multiple Sony folks asking for help and Gio Corsi replied that he would be happy to "reconnect" with Fullbright, so there may be a thin ray of hope on the horizon.

iNalEpZKBKXhG.png

While this tweet may seem like the usual kind that amounts to nothing, it's important to remember that it was similar actions by Greg that helped put pressure on Sony to bring Borderlands 2 to Vita.

You can watch the discussion here, starts at around 7:25 and goes to 11:30

http://www.twitch.tv/kindafunnygames/v/3855040

Amir0x

Banned
I hope that works. Gone Home is an interesting experimental game no matter where you ultimately fall on its final quality. I personally think it's absolutely worth experiencing, but regardless the more options for gamers on any platform the better.

ike_

Goddamnit. Well how do I make them shutup and take more of my money? Would have bought (and probably not replayed for a while).

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Well, I can't imagine anyone has a PC too weak to play Gone Home.

The game's actually optimized like shit, it ran like a dog for me and my rig's no slouch.

This is unfortunate but not unexpected completely. I hope they can pull together something so that console gamers can get a chance to play. Gone Home was a favorite that year.

Goddamnit. Well how do I make them shutup and take more of my money? Would have bought (and probably not replayed for a while).

I'm guessing the best anyone who wants it can do is pressure Adam and Gio under the Building the List campaign to try and get something happening

Well, I can't imagine anyone has a PC too weak to play Gone Home.
Yeah I even played it on an old Mac Mini. Basically any Mac or PC from the last six years should play it fine.

Edit: I see some people had issues running it. It did look like shit on my Mac but I really don't think it affected my experience. I could hear and read everything just fine, and the atmosphere of the house still clicked perfectly.

Shizuka

At least they're considering the Vita now, judging that it wasn't part of the deal when Majesco was around.

At least they're considering the Vita now, judging that it wasn't part of the deal when Majesco was around.

If you watch the video Steve laughs at the Vita suggestion lol. I think he's implying it won't run on it (which I would agree with), or just laughing at Vita in general :(

DavidDesu

Ok so I don't understand the difficulties of porting games but I did believe that the new generation of consoles shared PC architecture making porting a much simpler process. Surely its worth a few man hours, maybe a few weeks work to make make his happen? Surely it'd be worth the sales potential, or even the fee Sony pays to get it on PS+? I'd love to try this game and I don't have a gaming PC. Hope it happens.

Ok so I don't understand the difficulties of porting games but I did believe that the new generation of consoles shared PC architecture making porting a much simpler process. Surely its worth a few man hours, maybe a few weeks work to make make his happen? Surely it'd be worth the sales potential, or even the fee Sony pays to get it on PS+? I'd love to try this game and I don't have a gaming PC. Hope it happens.

I believe Fullbright is an extremely small team, even moving one or two people to the port could have a huge effect on Tacoma.

Pretty sure it will have to be outsourced if it happens, doesn't sound like they are capable of doing it internally. If PC > PS4 ports were only a few weeks of work I think we'd have way more PC games coming to consoles.

hiex_

Banned
I hope they can work towards getting a console port. Gone Home was one of my favourite games I played last year.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Might as well make a deal for Tacoma, I want that one on Day 1.

That's too bad, but I'm guessing the game got enough attention to gather someone else to the publishing table.

It's a great experience so I hope it goes to as many platforms as possible. And the PC version runs pretty badly in my experience. I played it at 20 FPS my first time through.

jholmes

I was holding off on this waiting for the Wii U port. Maybe now I'll never play it. That's sort of OK because people on this board are absolutely obsessed with trying to ruin the big plot twist in whatever thread they can. (Please, nobody do it here. At all. Stop it.)

LoL at the tales from my ass percentages of PC gamers in this thread.

There are 2 questions to consider in this situation.

Do you want to play gone home? Yes or No

No?-PC gaming irrelevant

Yes?-Your PC can probably play this game at reduced quality. Since it is a slow paced exploration/narrative driven game, performance and controls are not much of a factor, so just play the game.

P793kRj.png

Reset

Not everyone has a pc but everyone has ps4? I think thats backwards.
Show me where he said everyone has a PS4. This might come as a shock to you, but I'll let you on a little secret. Not everyone prefers to play games on their PC. ;)

Nanashrew

Banned
I was holding off on this waiting for the Wii U port. Maybe now I'll never play it. That's sort of OK because people on this board are absolutely obsessed with trying to ruin the big plot twist in whatever thread they can. (Please, nobody do it here. At all. Stop it.)

Same :C

If it doesn't come to Wii U at least I can still grab it on Steam.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
There's no plot twist because it's not a game about plot, it's a game about atmosphere and characterization. If you're the kind of person who can only operate on the level of "what happens", this is definitely not an experience for you. But if you're the kind of person who likes soaking up the details, then I recommend Gone Home, and no "spoiler" is going to ruin it for you.

Riposte

There's no plot twist because it's not a game about plot, it's a game about atmosphere and characterization. If you're the kind of person who can only operate on the level of "what happens", this is definitely not an experience for you. But if you're the kind of person who likes soaking up the details, then I recommend Gone Home, and no "spoiler" is going to ruin it for you.

Although there is the issue of the boring setting and boring characters for all that atmosphere and characterization.

Top Bottom