• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Good but overplayed songs that you hate listening to now?

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Hotel California.

FaithfulTallAfricanporcupine-size_restricted.gif

Duellist

Back in black
Sweet child of mine
Welcome to the jungle
Number of the beast
Run to the hills
Enter sandman
Fucking cover of turn the page by Metallica
Turn the page
Sweet home Alabama
Pretty much anything on the radio

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody

This is obviously a great song but holy shit, one of the most overplayed songs ever. I just can't do this song anymore, I am so sick of it.
Yeah the difference between now and before the movie dropped is just insane, it's back in the lime light more than ever.

brap

Banned
Blitzkrieg Bop. I heard that song so many fucking times as a kid I still hate it. It seriously made me hate the ramones then one day I heard one of their other songs and thought they were good. And the song is just shit to begin with.

Doom85

Probably like half of the songs from the 70's and 80's. The other half are strong enough that I don't mind listening to them often (like some of people's examples I still love, I mean Bohemian Rhapsody is my favorite song ever) but I'm sick of You Give Love a Bad Name, Don't Fear the Reaper, Rocketman, Stairway to Heaven, Carry on My Wayward Son, Old Time Rock and Roll, etc.

Also, I actually enjoy Nickleback (yeah, yeah, I know this is unfathomable to some), but the ONE hit of theirs I don't like at all is Photograph. So of course that's the one the radio stations play practically exclusively from the band.

Also, apparently the only song the Goo Goo Dolls ever realized was Iris. Oh, I'm sorry, you say that's not true? Well, the radio stations are calling you a total liar because that's the only song of theirs they have ever played in lords know how many years.

Modern overplayed songs will at least eventually fade (unless a particular radio station has some weird obsession over it or something), but the ones from the past will never let you escape no matter how much you beg.

Top Bottom