• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Good Guy EA: Lets give everyone The Sims 2: Ultimate Collection!

Linkark07

Banned
What is this? EA giving the entire Sims 2 collection for free?

And I was planning to buy Sims 2 soon. Thanks for posting this.

Portugeezer

2547774-002wilson8133__1_.jpg

Code redemption is down though

Sports

jph139

Man, I spend like an hour waiting for EA Support to add it to my account this weekend... wouldn't have bothered if I knew this was coming.

The Sims 2 is easily my favorite in the series, so I'm glad to finally get the last two expansions I was missing. And in digital, too!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Will get on this. Keep up this sort of thing EA

Is it really ALL expansions though? That's kind of too good to be true. That's gotta be hundreds of dollars worth of content

The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection [52] Windows:
NA July 16, 2014
The core game and every released expansion/stuff pack. Only available to owners of a previous The Sims 2 title as a free upgrade.[23]

Straight from the wiki.

Holy shit... My download speeds on Origin are almost double what they normally are. Is this normal?

The client has improved a lot since I used it for BF3 as well.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Wow, that's very nice of them, especially considering how many expansions The Sims 2 had.

Downloading now.

zulux21

can you select what you want to download?

when I went to download it just said it wanted 12.5gb or so space to install, I didn't feel like wasting that much of my hard drive at this time so I didn't continue but I didn't see any clear options for downloading stuff without the expansions.

Meowster

Sucks though because I just started getting back into The Sims 3 and got all the expansion packs during that sale. Should I try going back to 2 or stick with 3 for awhile?

Mr Swine

Banned
I guess it's not all the expansions in this or?

Apartment Life
best of Business
Bon Voyage
Double Deluxe
Free Time
Fun With Pets
Glamour Life Stuff
Seasons
University Life.

So Nightlife is missing or?

theWB27

Downloading now, I have no idea if my lil laptop can run this. It's not a gaming PC....but I guess it's worth a try since I've never played Sims.

Man I wish I had The Sims 2 right now because it's the only Sims game I enjoyed so much :(

Then download for free right now like the thread says?

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Downloading now, I have no idea if my lil laptop can run this. It's not a gaming PC....but I guess it's worth a try since I've never played Sims.

Then download for free right now like the thread says?

The game is old as shit unless your laptop is really that bad (like wooden pc bad) it should be fine, I remember my friends desktop playing and it wasn't a gaming pc abd this was 10 years ago.

Anyway whycan'tiholdallthesefreegames.gif.

theWB27

The game is old as shit unless your laptop is really that bad (like wooden pc bad) it should be fine, I remember my friends desktop playing and it wasn't a gaming pc abd this was 10 years ago.

Good to know...mine is only about 2 years old.

Which is better?

Sims 2 Ultimate or Sims 3 base?

Sims 2 Ultimate is the better game by far, but Sims 3 does a lot of awesome things that actually made it really hard for me to go back to Sims 2, the biggest thing being the open world. Therefore, I think it is worth it to play both.

The most jarring thing was that Sims 2's graphics are nowhere near as good as Sims 3's. (The funny thing to me is that when I first played 3 back in '09 I thought that it looked almost no different from 2 graphically...)

I was actually really worried that the Ultimate collection, with all the expansion packs, would slow down my laptop the same way it slowed my desktop, but it actually loads at decent speeds (after the very first load).

The Sims 2 Base Game
The Sims 2 University
The Sims 2 Nightlife
The Sims 2 Open For Business
The Sims 2 Pets
The Sims 2 Seasons
The Sims 2 Bon Voyage
The Sims 2 FreeTime
The Sims 2 Apartment Life
The Sims 2 Family Fun Stuff
The Sims 2 Glamour Life Stuff
The Sims 2 Holiday! Stuff
The Sims 2 Celebration Stuff
The Sims 2 H&M Fashion Stuff
The Sims 2 Teen Style Stuff
The Sims 2 Kitchen & Bath Interior Design Stuff
The Sims 2 IKEA Stuff
The Sims 2 Mansion & Garden Stuff

Glasses_off.gif

Jeez, does it really have all of that? That's almost too much content for me.

Top Bottom