• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Good Guy EA: Lets give everyone The Sims 2: Ultimate Collection!

EA is like the ex-girlfriend who cheated on you with Tyrone and Jamal who is now asking for forgiveness and saying she has changed.

1392587673660.jpg

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Just so you know, guys. It seems like every decade EA gets a "lets be nice" period where they remember their clients actually buy games depending on publishers.

Last time, they made new IPs like Dead Space, Mirror's Edge, and Dragon Age. Lets hope this time it sticks.

And this is rather awesome! Didn't buy any of the expansions except University, so this is rather awesome. The true Sims 4.

rjinaz

It's kind of too bad I just spent some cash on the Sims 3 and some expansions because I would have just played this free instead. Ah well, at least they were one sale. Thanks for the heads up OP. So much content and for free!

Oh man, my niece is going to be a happy girl. She plays The Sims 3 constantly and doesn't have 2. Her dad doesn't want her having The Sims 3 University Life so I told her to keep some of this content on the down low ;)

Oh my god, my youth. Probably the game I sank the most time into ever.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, OP. I am overjoyed.

I don't think I bought anything post-Seasons, so it'll be great to dig into the other content.

artsi

Awesome, gf said she wanted to play Sims and I was going to buy Sims 3 first, but she doesn't care so much about graphics and this is way better deal.

kamakazi5

Just downloaded it. My favorite Sims and I never even played the expansion packs really so awesome. Smart move to get people interested in 4 especially considering it isn't available anymore on the store. Doesn't really cost them anything.

There is probably a catch, just like big brother EA is watching us all..... joking :)

Never fully played Sims 2 despite buying it at launch (my fault for having a computer with not enough ram), so i'll grab this later.

I gave it a try since I never played the sims before, but I'm stuck at a 800x600 resolution and can't seem to change it.

edit: made a quick search on google and this shit looks confusing as all hell to simply change the resolution or the language.

*Goes to download Origin and The Sims on Mac*

"This game is only playable on Windows"

*sigh...*

Wasn't the original OSX port for PPC hardware? I can imagine why they wouldn't spend time and effort making it compatible with Mavericks and then giving it away for free.

Also, any answer to whether or not the Sims 2 executable can be run without Origin on and logged in?

Pyccko

Hah, this is rad. I was just looking into trying to buy Sims 2 like last week and saw it wasn't for sale anymore. Thanks for the heads up, OP.

Berordn

Just downloaded it. My favorite Sims and I never even played the expansion packs really so awesome. Smart move to get people interested in 4 especially considering it isn't available anymore on the store. Doesn't really cost them anything.

I dunno, if players are satisfied with their free version of 2 with a ton of content and then they catch wind that there's a Sims 4 with elements from the base version of the game they already have removed, would they really want to upgrade?

ascii42

Wasn't the original OSX port for PPC hardware? I can imagine why they wouldn't spend time and effort making it compatible with Mavericks and then giving it away for free.

Also, any answer to whether or not the Sims 2 executable can be run without Origin on and logged in?

Later expansion packs were universal binaries. I suspect one reason why it's not part of this is that Aspyr handled the Mac version.

Top Bottom