• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Good news: On Sept 21, Thimbleweed Park will come to Nintendo Switch (PR)

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Hey, Nintendo Switch™ owners! Get ready to party like it's 1987, because Thimbleweed Park is headed for the Nintendo eShop on September 21. How will you know if Thimbleweed Park is the game for you? Find out with this simple quiz:

Do you still feel guilty about microwaving a hamster in Maniac Mansion?
Would you know what to say if someone suggested that you fight like a dairy farmer?
Do you have no idea what those last two questions are about, but love stuff like Twin Peaks, the X-Files, Stranger Things, jokes, puzzles, and vacuum tubes?

If you answered YES to any of these questions, congratulations! Thimbleweed Park is the game for you!

The Nintendo Switch version will support both Joy-Con controllers and touch screen controls so you can easily switch between tabletop, handheld, and TV modes. The Nintendo eShop price will be $19.99, or equivalent in your local currency.

Okay, but what the heck *is* Thimbleweed Park?
Oh, you haven't heard about this mystery / comedy game from Ron Gilbert and Gary Winnick, the creators of classic adventures Monkey Island and Maniac Mansion? Well then, let's set the scene:

October 15, 1987. A dead body is rotting under the bridge, but Thimbleweed Park's 81 (sorry, make that 80) inhabitants have bigger concerns. The town's founder also died recently, under mysterious circumstances. The air is buzzing with signals. The hotel appears to be haunted. A giant slice of pizza roams the streets. And something sinister is going on behind the locked gate of the abandoned PillowTronics™ factory -- something that could consume us all.

Two federal agents, a washed-up insult clown, an aspiring game developer, and the ghost of a pillow salesman have been drawn to this weird, rundown place. They don't know it yet, but they're deeply connected -- and they're being watched. Switch* between them to explore the town, solve puzzles, and unravel the surreal mystery at the heart of it all. As you'll see soon enough, in a town like Thimbleweed Park a dead body is the least of your problems.

*No pun intended.

Hmm so this is the news they were teasing this week? So it probably won't make it into the Direct?

Hollow Knight Switch was also said to have news this week. Too many games to buy!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Man i forgot about this one...these Switch indie releases keep creeping up on me.

tolkir

Will probably buy it there.

Is it still coming to iOS?

DJiNrIJVoAECgwn.png

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
As a MI fan,I really wanted to like this on the PC, but the humour didn't click for whatever reason. Maybe I should try getting into it again.

DonF

Damn, now I have to decide between Switch on Android. My tablet would probably be more convenient and the screen is bigger. But I am desperate for some games to justify my Switch purchase.

Can't wait for the inevitable "Thimbleweed park sold most on Nintendo Switch" thread.

I've been looking forward to this even though I already own the game on PS4 since Thimbleweed Park is one of my favorite games of the year and really want to play it on handheld mode. Monkey Island 2 is my favorite game of all time so I'm happy Thimbleweed lived to my expectations.

Top Bottom