• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Good PC Pinball games?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
3D pinball is quite possibly the worst 3D pinball I've ever played on a PC :p

Pro Pinball series beats it into the ground, and actually that set is pretty much the best available 3D pinball. Set consists of:

Pro Pinball: The Web
Pro Pinball: Timeshock!
Pro Pinball: Big Race USA
Pro Pinball: Fantastic Journey
(listed in the release order)

Each of these only has one table, but they are *extremely* well made and highly imaginative.

I also highly recommend Amiga conversions of:
Pinball Dreams
Pinball Fantasies
Pinball Illusions
Slam Tilt

all of which are absolutely fantastic 2D pinball games, best 2D pinballs that I know of - last two IMO being even more fun to play than even Pro Pinball games. Each game has a selection of four completely different tables.

What separates these games I listed from the rest of the pack is not only the high quality and imaginativeness of their tables, but also the ball physics which are in all of them done with an incredible care and quality, going as far that in some of the Pro Pinaball games ball actually scratches a bit and catches tiny dirt after you play it for tens upon tens of hours...

Vpinmame/Visual Pinball

Addams Family
Twilight Zone
ST:TNG

Just to start out with. I found all 3 were extremely faithful to the arcade, with the exception that hitting train wrecks in the version of the Addams' Family I played was a lot harder than it was in real life.

MoxManiac

Frag!! You're alive!!11

Anyways, I wish someone would convert the Street Fighter pinball to vpinmame. I loved that one.

Mashing

Fragamemnon said:
Vpinmame/Visual Pinball

Addams Family
Twilight Zone
ST:TNG

Just to start out with. I found all 3 were extremely faithful to the arcade, with the exception that hitting train wrecks in the version of the Addams' Family I played was a lot harder than it was in real life.

Holy shit... I must play that.. I was just commenting on this forum the other day how much I wanted to play that TNG machine again.

Sysgen

Had to do a little research on this one as I forgot the name of this great pinball simulation,

Epic's Extreme Pinball

A worthy follow-up to best-selling Epic Pinball, Extreme Pinball is a fantastic pinball simulator for the PC. Featuring excellent gameplay with flawless table physics, includes 4 tables (Rock Fantasy, Medieval Knights, Monkey Mayhem, and Urban Chaos), all of which are rich with details and trinkets and traps that will challenge even the mightiest of pinball wizards. The large tables also scroll smoothly, making this one of the best pinball games ever made.

MUST HAVE! Though it's DOS.

FoneBone

oBa said:
http://www.pinmame.com/

Since all the table graphics are done by fans, some of it can be hit and miss, but overall, Pinmame is the best 'free' solution out there.
This sounds too good to be true. Aside from the number of files you apparently need to download... I can't believe I haven't heard of this. Is it 2D or 3D? (can't tell if it's realtime from the screens)

Also, I haven't played them myself, but you can apparently get the entire Pro Pinball series (used) for very cheap here:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...00004ZBS0/all/ref=dp_pb_a/102-8667457-8704901

I'm not spending a lot of time looking, but you can get it new here (if you look, you can probably find it cheaper elsewhere):
http://www.cdaccess.com/html/quick/gamefestpr.htm

Also, wasn't Addiction Pinball (from Team 17) supposed to be good? I remember having a lot of fun with the demo a while back.

Top Bottom