• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Goodbye GAF! (P.S. I'm Drinky Crow)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello GAF,

I haven't posted much during the past few weeks--I've been getting ready for a move from Japan back to the U.S., and the packing and preparations have been eating up nearly every spare moment I have. Before I leave the country, I wanted to say that I've really enjoyed being part of Japan-GAF during my time over here, and appreciate all the posters (in Japan and otherwise) who have always made my opinions and contributions feel welcome. Fortunately, Japan is a very desirable place for GAFfers to live, and there's always new blood moving over to take the place of the old guard. To that end, I officially dub sp0rsks my Japanese replacement! (He bought my TV, so I'm throwing in The Torch for free.)

Deciding to move back to the U.S. has been a major decision, and it's forced me to re-examine a lot of things in my life...like, for example, my relationship with GAF. With the March 16 ban on multiple accounts coming up, I've had to make a tough decision: do I stick with JackFrost2012, my more "serious" GAF personality who I've built up over several years in Japan? Or do I choose Drinky Crow, the "joke" personality who trolls fanboys of all stripes from his subterranean Seattle lair?

In the end, I decided to go with Drinky Crow. My relationship with games has changed a lot over the past few years--I don't "self identify" as a gaming journalist, ever since the GIA shut down, and I'm far more laid back in my attitude towards games, the games industry, and even GAF itself. Drinky's more sarcastic, snarky personality seems more in line with who I am as I head back to the States. So it's time to put JackFrost2012 out to rest. He'll be missed.

I'd like to thank the real-life Doug Erickson for his full complicity in this scheme; he's been letting me use his image host and proxy since 2002, making the whole thing possible. Also, shoutouts to White Man and MAF for watching my back; without their support in countless threads and willingness to answer my constant stream of questions about the Seattle area, the jig would have been up years ago. Don't worry--I'll keep posting on the Drinky Crow account. Moreso than ever before!

But, in any case, THIS account has bought his one-way ticket to the great ban-stick in the sky. Just wanted to come clean before he punched out. So...see ya later, GAF!

Andrew Vestal
JackFrost2012 2002-2006
Drinky Crow 2002-???

P.S. I am not Gahiggidy.

Borys

Banned
First: I'm not exactly buying this story.

Second: What multiple March 16th bans ?!? edit: I'm stupid.

Third: If I was to chose either JF2012 or Drinky Crow I'd go with the first one.

Seriously, Doug hasn't been at GAF since 2002 when he decided to put his career first. This account is currently used by a variety of personalities, most notably me (Andrew Vestal).

Spainkiller

the man who sold the world
If this is true... wow.

Taking an internet forum into account when re-examining your life.

I do weep for your future.

Daigoro

Drinky Crow said:
Seriously, Doug hasn't been at GAF since 2002 when he decided to put his career first. This account is currently used by a variety of personalities, most notably me (Andrew Vestal).

IBTN.

Mooreberg

Drinky Crow said:

But those pictures of his daughter playing pokemon...

THE GAMES JOURNALISTS ARE COMING FROM INSIDE THE HOUSE!!!

This account was more "in your face"; JackFrost was more subtle, but it had some baggage. In the end, Drinky Crow is just more a part of GAF, even if I just used it to burn off general gaming malice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom