• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google offers two month free trial of Stadia Pro starting today

wolywood

Just a note: the non 4K issue is due to Stadia reducing their default bandwidth like other streaming services are temporarily doing (Netflix etc). You can still set 4K as your preferred option in the data settings on the app.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
This is really awesome. Image quality is a bit bad, but otherwise I am actually surprised by how great it works. Grid and Gylt worked flawlessly with no lag at all.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
That's nice of them, I guess. If I didn't already have Game Pass Ultimate I'd probably take them up on it. Hell I might try it just to see what it's like. Pair my spare Xbox controller with my MacBook or something.

McCheese

Destiny 2: The Collection, Grid, Gylt, SteamWorld Dig 2, SteamWorld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech, Thumper, Serious Sam Collection, Spitlings, and Stacks On Stacks (On Stacks)

Epic Store literally gives away better stuff than this every day.
I mean how long has Stadia been out now, how many big names did they hire, how much money did they spend on it, and this is their offering to entice us in? Were there really no better ways to write off tax?

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Took it for try both on phone and wired desktop (chrome), both with and without a controller. I am not a huge "Every millisecond counts" person typically I can tolerate some delay, but I found there to be just a smidgen too much for both. If it improves, I could see some potential.
It's nice the way it loads up.

Krabba

Neo Member
Service itself is grest, destiny 2 works very well. If you think the resolution is too low, try installing the stadia+ extension. It gets the higher quality 4k stream and downscales it to lower resolution monitors. It looks sharper for sure.

wolywood

Service itself is grest, destiny 2 works very well. If you think the resolution is too low, try installing the stadia+ extension. It gets the higher quality 4k stream and downscales it to lower resolution monitors. It looks sharper for sure.

Do this. The difference is night and day.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
honestly the whole idea of it is kinda cool but when i loaded a game up it kept stuttering/freezing and crashing. maybe get that sorted out....

Mihos

Gold Member
S6uXZVd.gif

Kusarigama

Call me paranoid but why do you want my credit card info now with the cvv if you are going to bill me 2 months later. Free should not be with taking my credit card info, it should be completely free.

Bryank75

Banned
They'd have to pay me 150 euro a day minimum to play this steaming load of hog-shit. Even then, I wouldn't play much...

Krabba

Neo Member
All you haters now have the chance to try the thing you've been shitting on. Imagine how satisfying it will be to shit on it after you've tried it! You can describe how bad it is with nuances you couldn't before.

PS - You don't have to buy games to try Stadia - Destiny 2, GRID and some other games are included in the PRO subscription. The other ones are pretty shit tho. If you don't want to pay for it, just cancel it after trying it - it's not that hard.

Blade2.0

I signed up. Destiny 2 looked like vaseline was all over my screen...think i'll stick to non multiplayer games.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Agreed. Like I mentioned above, I really only signed on for Gylt and to just check it out in general.

Worth noting that the Destiny 2 collection includes the expansions (which aren't free) if that's something you might care about. But I 100% agree that this is a sad, sad lineup.

EDIT: this is what their storefront / pricing looks like for those interested:

(aka not exciting!)

Understatement of the century jesus that is some expensive shit.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I tried it out on GRID, Serious Sam, and Destiny. The picture quality isn't very sharp despite having it set to 4K in the mobile app. Maybe you have to play it via Chromecast to get 4K? Lag is acceptable. I don't really have a point of reference for Destiny 2 since I haven't played it. It felt a little floaty, but maybe that's how it is. Serious Sam was snappier. Here's a screenshot of what Destiny 2 looks like. Played it through the Chrome browser...
Destiny2-Stadia-jp.jpg

So yeah, the image quality and input latency isn't as good as something like GeForce Now, imo. The worst part I'd say is that you have to buy games in order to play them. On GeForce Now you're playing your own library, and on PSNow and xCloud you're streaming from a large selection of games. So I suppose unless you're hard up to play RDR 2 or DOOM Eternal on a streaming platform from anywhere, I don't see the purpose.

Top Bottom