• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google plans to release 100 games in 2021 for Stadia

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://www.engadget.com/google-100-games-stadia-061631000.html
Source: https://community.stadia.com/t5/Sta...ure-explore-and-compete-in-9-games/ba-p/53677

The Google Stadia team will add over 100 games to its cloud gaming service this year, a new post on its community blog has revealed.

large

Over the next few weeks and months, players can expect to see everything from action-filled RPGs to competitive co-op titles and nimble platformers. That includes Shantae: Half-Genie Hero Ultimate Edition (Feb. 23), Shantae: Risky's Revenge - Director's Cut (Feb. 23), It came from space and ate our brains (Mar. 2), FIFA 21 (Mar. 17), Kaze and the Wild Masks (Mar. 26), Judgment (Apr. 23), Killer Queen Black, Street Power Football, and Hellpoint.

These games represent just a sampling of the more than 100 games that will be added to the Stadia store for our players in 2021 to share, experience, and play with friends. See below for more details on each game, including features and other new info!

Fredrik

What's the point, really?

I can't fathom anyone getting Stadia over a console from the Big 3 or a PC.

I know people who did exactly that, didn’t want to invest in an expensive box just to play some games. If you live where the service works great it’s not much different than someone buying a console over a PC, or a Series S over a Series X.
It’s about how much you’re willing to pay.

For me though Stadia was killed when Google ended the 1st party support. Can’t see it survive another year except maybe for smaller indie titles.

Iced Arcade

Finally got around to using Stadia. Its actually pretty decent 💁 (got a free premium kit for being a YouTube premium subscriber)

Would be a lot more successful if they priced games better. Right now they think they are on the same page as consoles and charge the same.

Last edited:

Traianvs

Finally got around to using Stadia. Its actually pretty decent for what it is💁 (got a free premium kit for being a YouTube premium subscriber)

Would be a lot more successful if they priced games better. Right now they think they are on the same page as consoles and charge the same.
it is actually decent, I played through Immortals and Cyberpunk and it was a flawless experience, much better than on my ps4 pro. The problem is that I fear that most of those 100 games will be small indies sent to die and a few ubisoft copypaste games

Iced Arcade

it is actually decent, I played through Immortals and Cyberpunk and it was a flawless experience, much better than on my ps4 pro. The problem is that I fear that most of those 100 games will be small indies sent to die and a few ubisoft copypaste games
yeah, I just finished Tomb Raider and it was flawless. was really surprised.

Agent X

stadia unlike gpu, you need to buy each games on google platform, on top of monthly subs, ya?

A subscription isn't required. You can purchase individual games and play them without a subscription.

If you do pay for a Stadia Pro subscription, then you get access to a growing library of games (similar to PlayStation Plus or Xbox Games with Gold), and also the ability to play games with higher quality video and audio.

McCheese

That's a lot of games to lose ownership of when they shut it down.

They either need to do for a subscription model or GeForce now model, and with either model they need to have some way of getting saves on/off the platform.

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
I got stadia for free with the youtube premium promotion.

Tried playing Immortals. The game was an unplayable slide show of lag. Like 2 fps.

Talked to Stadia support. After troubleshooting they said my router is incompatible. And to call my internet provider and ask for a different kind. I did and they said they have no others.

I gave up because my router works fine with my ps5, and cloud gaming like ps now.

Its just shitty experience having to go through all this trouble to play stadia.

Last edited:

Derktron

Banned
You know there may be hate over Google and understandable and even I hate them but even though I may sound hypocritical at this point. I've tried out Stadia and it's not bad per say, I like the idea of being able to stream any game without the hassle of downloading but even though it's not logical and I do agree on that too but it's not bad. I just wish Google and their stupid Stadia team put more effort into the service and just treat it like they treat Android especially with the upgrades it receives a year. The UI on Stadia is outdated and not user-friendly, so much they could add to it yet they are sitting on it. I have Xbox Game Streaming to fall back on if anything goes bad for Stadia and I have a feeling it will. But it's not a bad service and I wish Google was as pathetic as they are and add more effort to Stadia.

Agent X

They were dead the second they announced games were full price on top of their subscription. Just pull the plug now, don't bother.

See what I wrote in post #26 above. The games are not full price "on top of their subscription". The subscription is not needed.

There are many valid criticisms of Stadia and their miscues and mishaps, but this is not one of them.

A subscription isn't required. You can purchase individual games and play them without a subscription.

If you do pay for a Stadia Pro subscription, then you get access to a growing library of games (similar to PlayStation Plus or Xbox Games with Gold), and also the ability to play games with higher quality video and audio.
he knows this already, he just wants to throw in his advertisement.

kyussman

Stadia feels like watching someone standing on a bridge about to jump to their death...but they don't...they just stand their staring down into the water.

Top Bottom