• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Got bitten by a puppy. What should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Platy

I would personally fight crime but feel free to turn into a villain.

Just think of a cool puppy related name

And enjoy your new puppy powers

Gumbie

"I don't know if the puppy had rabies"

877vK.gif

It's 4am right now and the hospitals open at 8am. We do have a vet neighbor who would probably wake up at 6 so I should be able to at least know if the dog has rabies.
The dog doesn't have rabies. Also in case you didn't know, they test animals for rabies by killing them and doing a biopsy of their brain. Try not to be a hypochondriac over this and make someone kill a puppy because it nipped you.

Zoe

We do have a vet neighbor who would probably wake up at 6 so I should be able to at least know if the dog has rabies.

Only way to tell with a live dog is to quarantine it for 10 days.

Coworker's (adult) daughter just got bit by a loose dog on Easter and opted to go for the rabies shots because they're not 100% certain the dog that was caught by animal control was the one that bit her. Those shots don't sound like fun.

The dog doesn't have rabies. Also in case you didn't know, they test animals for rabies by killing them and doing a biopsy of their brain. Try not to be a hypochondriac over this and make someone kill a puppy because it nipped you.

I mean...to test for rabies they'd have to kill the puppy. I'm not exactly sure how you wanna proceed there. Get it properly cleaned out but unless you suspect rabies, I really wouldn't worry about it.

They wouldn't kill a puppy, they'd quarantine it.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I mean...to test for rabies they'd have to kill the puppy. I'm not exactly sure how you wanna proceed there. Get it properly cleaned out but unless you suspect rabies, I really wouldn't worry about it.

Krakn3Dfx

You have to kill the puppy then take it to the hospital with you so they can use it to create the anti-venom.

It's Puppy Bite 101.

Reversed

Go to a doctor. Chances are you get a tetanus shot like I did.

This was no puppy, though. It left a small scar on my finger.

IronRinn

Tetanus is a thing
Yeah, this is about the only thing I can see even remotely worrying about and, even then, I really wouldn't give it much thought. Wash it out, put some Neosporin and cover with band-aid. Forget about it until it's healed. I've been bitten by puppies/dogs before. You'll be fine.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I'm legitimately not sure if this is a parody thread or what.

I think the OP is 100% serious. Most people on earth, would not freak out about a bite from a 2-week old puppy, but I guess know now that some people do. I do wonder if the OP lives in a digital world and doesn't really disconnect much. I have a cousin who is constantly on his phone, tablet or PC and freaks out about EVERYTHING. He just doesn't get enough real world experience to gain common sense or coping skills.

RulkezX

I can never tell if these threads are genuine "stuff gaffers say" threads , or just posters trying to make a thread that'll be talked about in the next "stupid stuff gaffers say" thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom