• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Got bitten by a puppy. What should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm stumped, OP. I don't know how such a thing could happen in the first place. There's just no protocol for this type of situation. I'm afraid you're on your own. Keep us all updated though. We'll remember you fondly.

Sigh. I don't want to get laughed and humiliated but here's the wound. Sigh. Gaf sometimes makes me believe I'm ignorant to the world. Well at least I'm not that paranoid anymore. I will still go see the vet though since it's just a few steps away.
Fx1kGDQ.jpg

See that redness around it? That's rabies.

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight
Sigh. I don't want to get laughed and humiliated but here's the wound. Sigh. Gaf sometimes makes me believe I'm ignorant to the world. Well at least I'm not that paranoid anymore. I will still go see the vet though since it's just a few steps away.
Fx1kGDQ.jpg

I'd worry more about that manicure

This is one of the funniest threads I've read in awhile

killatopak

I'm not joking. There's still a few people awake outside and they're telling me that a young dog is more likely to have rabies and then comes their anecdotal stories and advise me to just go to the doctor. I mean they're not wrong but reading the thread makes it feels like they're exaggerating. It's not like rabies is new to me and there's been a ton of cases here but I'm just oblivious to what a puppy with rabies is since most are saying they have the fast acting/more serious strain.

I love to be educated though so I still feel like the thread is worth it even with the jokes.

Jasoneyu

wait is the pic right after you got bit since I can see the pupper in the background.

Also do you need going to the doctor? not the vet right?

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I'm not joking. There's still a few people awake outside and they're telling me that a young dog is more likely to have rabies and then comes their anecdotal stories and advise me to just go to the doctor. I mean they're not wrong but reading the thread makes it feels like they're exaggerating. It's not like rabies is new to me and there's been a ton of cases here but I'm just oblivious to what a puppy with rabies is since most are saying they have the fast acting/more serious strain.

I love to be educated though so I still feel like the thread is worth it even with the jokes.

Why would this puppy have rabies though? Because it vomited?

Peccavi

Puppies don't bite because they have rabies, they bite because they're idiots that haven't been trained yet.

They also pee where they aren't supposed to and yap for no reason.

South East Asia. Philippines to be specific.

Well, he also got it from another friend. He's just crashing on my house so he has the dog with him.

Here's the dog in question. Don't be harsh.

qMDwQev.jpg

That handsome fellow is at least a couple months old. Also, your "gash" reminds me of the Step Brothers scene.

89b8439f-d127-44c1-8ac2-41236ca2b3ac_text.gif

Fx1kGDQ.jpg
So that's how the zombie apocalypse begins.

Fx1kGDQ.jpg

This was basically my daily life for a few years while my family bred puppies. Their teeth are sharp as hell and they love to bite but it's worth it to spend your days with a litter of newborns. On many occasions I got to lay on the ground covered in rambunctious puppies.

Let us know the next time a bee stings you and we'll get on the case.

Jasoneyu

Depends if they got bit by a stray dogs roaming around in the phils maybe they would have it but its a domesticated puppy. Still I would go to the doctor if you are worried about it.

I know for a fact there is a lot of stray dogs in the philipines that may or may not have serious diseases and I am not sure people are aware of that.

Falchion

Eat the puppy to assert your dominance. Seriously though, I got clawed by a dog when I was running on the beach a few months ago and the scars are still on my side. Even if it doesn't look bad, it's better off to get it looked at and take care of it.

killatopak

Why would this puppy have rabies though? Because it vomited?

No, people here are of the belief that as long as they're not vaccinated, they have rabies.

I stated earlier that I got more paranoid about it since it's listed as one of the symptoms and it's like confirmation bias that the puppy does have rabies.

It's good to be wrong though since being wrong in this case is infinitely better than being right.

Poppy

was worried about my friend's two week old pupper biting me so i called animal control to take its brain out

now i can sleep without fear!

Chumley

Banned
Fx1kGDQ.jpg

LOL

This thread delivers

Zoe

No, people here are of the belief that as long as they're not vaccinated, they have rabies.

Yeah, that's totally false.

I'm sure that puppy's mouth is filthy though. Wash it out properly, get a tetanus shot if you haven't had one in the past 10 years.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
What the fuck op, unless it was an australian puppy you'll be fine

Chocolate & Vanilla

Fuck Strawberry
Puppies don't bite because they have rabies, they bite because they're idiots that haven't been trained yet.

They also pee where they aren't supposed to and yap for no reason.

Puppies also bite because they teethe. Puppy teeth fall out and get replaced. Chewing and biting relieves the growing pains

UFO

Banned

1bb778.gif

Nabbis

Animals usually die 4-10 days after rabies symptoms but are capable to spread it for a week before they exhibit symptoms. If the owner kept the puppy away from potential vectors, the chances are the puppy does not have it. I don't know how usual rabies is in philippines but i doubt it's a very common problem.

I stated earlier that I got more paranoid about it since it's listed as one of the symptoms and it's like confirmation bias that the puppy does have rabies.

It's good to be wrong though since being wrong in this case is infinitely better than being right.

Puppies vomit all the time though. Either they ate something they shouldn't or they have reflux or they have an intestinal issue. I have a 10 month old rescue puppy that I can't get to stop eating grass and poop because of his situation in his formative months, and he throws up every couple weeks or so because of it. Puppies get tummy problems a lot.

Confirmation bias is a tricksy bitch though, so I feel ya there.

Become the Pupper-Man. You have the super natural ability to make anyone within a 10 mi. radius have the uncontrollable urge to let you.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Mate, puppies bite. They're teething, it rarely breaks skin, I see it has here but I wouldn't worry.

Bitanator

My puppy gnawed on my arms for two months wonder what OP would say about the marks she left on my arms, your "wound" is a pencil scratch. Go to bed.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fx1kGDQ.jpg

Okay this HAS to be a tag fishing thread lmfao
KuGsj.gif

killatopak

Okay I just talked to the vet. He said since we currently have no idea of the history of the pup before it was given to us and since the wound bled no matter how small, he still advises me to go to the doctor and get anti tetanus and day 0 shots. He said we should observe the pup for now and if symptoms show, I need to get the next few shots.

TheGrue

After seeing the "wound" I am starting to think that the OP is from Krypton and got exposed to pieces of their home planet and has gotten wounded for the first time ever, not knowing what to do about it. Panic sets in and then we have this thread.

commedieu

Banned
You cleaned it. Maybe get a antifungal/bacterial cream to rub on it occasionally and keep an eye out.

I'm sure doctor gaf can chime in on what to do for pupture wounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom