• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Got Switch? get a portable Switch Dock.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Yesss... one of us. One of us. But seriously get used to carrying that AC adapter and an HDMI cord around, cause Odyssey is about to be on tons of random TVs you find.

Honestly, I just bought it for the practicality of having a smaller dock, not for the portability. I don't like taking my Switch outside home, as weird as that sounds.

Owari

Honestly, I just bought it for the practicality of having a smaller dock, not for the portability. I don't like taking my Switch outside home, as weird as that sounds.
Not weird at all. Everyone has their own use cases. This portable dock will help you when you travel or at some point though ;)

I'm getting the Mario odyssey switch. So in the case of something happens I backed up my things on my laptop. Nkyo will keep there word and replace my damaged switch.

That isn't how save backups work. If you get a new switch, your saves won't transfer by just changing the memory card.

SlickVic

What are the problems the Nyko dock has? trying to get one.

Regarding the Nyko portable dock, there was an article on Kotaku about it, which included a link to a Reddit thread with some people saying the USB-C port doesn't work after using the dock. Others in the same thread said it's working fine for them. Nyko also did a Reddit AMA per the article, and are stating on there that they'll replace the system if it happens.

capnjazz

Neo Member
This isn't actually a solution for a portable dock but I actually had mild warping due to long BOTW sessions so I didn't want to keep it in that tiny heat trapping dock. I bought one of those Hori playstands and a USB-C cable with a male and female end. I plug one end into my dock and the other into my Switch which is perched on its stand and it works just like a dock but without the fear of being scratched or having heat issues.

image.jpg

I'm leaning toward the cable that was linked on Amazon, not just for travel but to have a secondary dock attached to my PC monitor for the times when I don't feel like going portable and my GF is using the TV.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Given the WiiU gamepad dock, I’m surprised Nintendo didn’t make something similar for the Switch.

I expect there’ll be a revision down th line.

ADaz

Neophyte
I'm sorry to intrude with an unrelated topic but I'm very new to this site. Does anyone know how to "direct message" users on this site. I need to ask them a question from a closed post dated like a year back.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
I wish there was a small portable dock I could use for my bedroom and travels, one that doesn't require any electrical work.

elmalloc

This isn't actually a solution for a portable dock but I actually had mild warping due to long BOTW sessions so I didn't want to keep it in that tiny heat trapping dock. I bought one of those Hori playstands and a USB-C cable with a male and female end. I plug one end into my dock and the other into my Switch which is perched on its stand and it works just like a dock but without the fear of being scratched or having heat issues.

Out of curiosity, what is your definition of long BOTW sessions? xD

Tams

It still looks a tiny bit bulky. If there was one that could fold down flat with no exposed pointy bits, then I'd jump on it.

Top Bottom