• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gotham Knights revealed by WB

Hugare

There is NO SHOT of Batman not being in this game as a playable character. They didn't show him, but I guarantee he's unlockable or comes up part way through the main story when his death ends up being BS (like it always is in any Batman story with him dying).
This is a multiplayer focused game, so no he won't

The problem is simple: Everyone would be playing as Batman. 80% of the players, if not more, would be playing as Batman.

That's why they "killed" him, otherwise you would be seeing a group of 4 Batmans ingame

I expect to find him during the storyline, but I doubt that he is going to be a playable character. He is going to be a NPC.

Last edited:

Arachnid

This is a multiplayer focused game, so no he won't

The problem is simple: Everyone would be playing as Batman. 80% of the players, if not more, would be playing as Batman.

That's why they "killed" him, otherwise you would be seeing a group of 4 Batmans ingame

I expect to find him during the storyline, but I doubt that he is going to be a playable character. He is going to be a NPC.
I just don't see it. You don't get the rights to Batman as a property and not use him. That's leaving money on the table for one of the most popular super heroes of all time. Just look at all the "no Batman, no buy" people this game has spawned.

Plus, who cares if you get a bunch of Batmen? That's already going to be a problem. As it is, 60 percent of players are just going to end up playing Nightwing as their preferred character. He's the most popular of the Batfamily excluding Batman by far. Maybe 20% will play Red Hood, and the last 10 will be Batgirl/Robin.

Last edited:
I just don't see it. You don't get the rights to Batman as a property and not use him. That's leaving money on the table for one of the most popular super heroes of all time. Just look at all the "no Batman, no buy" people this game has spawned.

Plus, who cares if you get a bunch of Batmen? That's already going to be a problem. As it is, 60 percent of players are just going to end up playing Nightwing as their preferred character. He's the most popular of the Batfamily excluding Batman by far. Maybe 20% will play Red Hood, and the last 10 will be Batgirl/Robin.
Yeah see I think they actually did. They were that dumb. And that (among many other reasons) is why I think this is dead on arrival. They had too much of a boner for the GaaS model.

Top Bottom