• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grade Nintendo E3 Direct

Grade The Nintendo Direct

• A

Votes: 46 13.9%
  • B

Votes: 103 31.2%
  • C

Votes: 106 32.1%
  • D

Votes: 75 22.7%

• Total voters

Fredrik

yawn

When Nintendo had tech that was up to date they made Wind Waker. Nintendo not only knows gameplay but also how to give games beautiful aesthetics without pushing for photorealism. Mario Kart 8 is one of the prettiest most polished games out there and it ran on the WIi U.
BOTW may have fuzzy textures or angular geometry here and there, but the basic style and design are very pretty.
BOTW can look pretty in certain areas if the sun is at the right place, sure. But Horizon Forbidden West always look pretty.
I assume that BOTW2 will play better though.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I'm bitter since there was no hardware reveal or date for a hardware reveal......so out of spite I gave it a d. But it was more like a c just due to botw2.

There is something special about an e3 hardware reveal, and they robbed us of that for no apparent reason if it comes out later this year. Grrrrrrr

Last edited:

Vagswarm

Everything looked pretty solid, but there's not much that I'm personally interested in. Metroid Dread looks great though. I can't believe it still exists. Really wanted to see some Metroid Prime 4 footage.

Marvel14

Banned
I had low expectations so generally pleased. Mario Golf looks deeper than I gave it credit for, a best of Mario Party Minigames with online boards and better online comms could be loads of fun, 2 player Warioware could prove hilarious,
Metroid 2d could be really excellent, advanced wars remastered is a nostalgia trip and BOTW2 showed enough to keep us hoping for a mindblowing sequel. SMT fans were probably pretty happy too.

If you subtract Switch Pro expectations (which should have been rock bottom- a proper revision makes sense a couple of years into the 4k twins lifespan so that more advanced tech is cheaper and Nintendo can be the shiny new 'must have' once the demand for Xbox and PS has steadied)

It beat the last Direct hands down. Not bad.

Last edited:

carlosrox

Banned
In general I'd give it a B but Metroid 5 alone takes it all the way up to an A+.

BOTW2 looks great so far but that was a really limited showing. It was basically just a second teaser when I think first trailer status would have been nice.

Hyped for SMT (releases shortly after Metroid), Mario Party Collection looks hot, Wario Ware will be fun, Advance Wars I'm looking forward to, and Kazuya in Smash is a great choice.

Metroid made the hype all worth it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom