• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gradius V finally coming to PS3 as PS2 Classic

DasRaven

Gradius_V_cover.jpg

Almost 2 years after being rated by the ESRB and over a year since that hype thread died from lack of new news...
We, the faithful, finally have word from Sony via the Blogcast that next week will see the release of perhaps the best horishmup ever, Gradius V!

Best modern review of Gradius V from ClassicGameRoom.
Our excellent and well staffed Shmup thread

Now, we just have to hope that it doesn't suck like the Gradius port for PS4! And that its amazing sales numbers free Gaiden from PSOne/Vita-only status.

Fhtagn

FUCK YES!!!!

I love this game!

Though I wish I could play in option style 1 & 2 at the same time by holding different triggers.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Holy crap, FINALLY. I remember hearing this got rated by the ESRB & patiently waited for this to get re-released.

One of these days, I need to get Gradius Collection on my Vita, though for some reason, I keep waiting for a sale to happen.

Neff

I'll buy it because it's awesome and deserves to be supported, but I'm prepared for the inevitable frustration that PS3's emulator lag will bring to a brutal, precision game like this.

fuuu, wish I still had a PS3. Only a PS4 and Vita. Seeing that the Gradius Collection can't be downloaded directly is even bigger blueballs.

If GameGrumps playing this semi-recently lead to Konami finally shutting up and taking ppl's money, by some chance, I wish they would play Einhander too.

Amirai

Sweet, one of my favorite games ever! Does anyone know if it will have higher resolution?

Edit:
I'll buy it because it's awesome and deserves to be supported, but I'm prepared for the inevitable frustration that PS3's emulator lag will bring to a brutal, precision game like this.

Yikes! I hope it doesn't have lag - I tried playing it on a screen with only a tiny amount of lag once - maybe a frame or two, and immediately crashed the ship. :( That game requires serious precision.

ThisOne

Is it just going to be a PS2 Classic or will it be a remaster with trophies and stuff like Metal Gear 3 on PS4?

Looking at Japan's PS2 classic section, I get so frustrated with the US's offering. Nice that we're getting this, but they could be doing more.

Occam

I'm disappointed in the lack of interest in this news. :( Gradius V is excellent!

Too little, too late. This should have been released many years ago.
Furthermore, don't these PS2 classics have several frames of input lag on PS3? That's a total no-go for 2D shooters.

Now if they created an actual remaster with HD graphics for PS4 (=the treatment Gradius V really deserves), that would get my attention.

Until then, I'd rather play my physical copy on a real PS2.

Eolz

Awesome news and awesome first post.

Sony really needs to work on getting the PS1 and PS2 classics to PS4.

What a disappointment Sony has been since the release of the PS4 in terms of software support and updates...
Could perfectly emulate PS1/2...

Neff

Doesnt PS2 Classics and PS2 emulation in general for PS3 have input lag? Or is that only on a game by game basis?

You'll get about one or two frames of lag on a fast TV if you disable upscaling. If you have upscaling enabled, it can be as many as 3-4 frames.

jett

D-Member
Awesome shooter. Will buy.

Don't know why Sony doesn't get their shit together in regards to emulation on the PS4, though.

Doesnt PS2 Classics and PS2 emulation in general for PS3 have input lag? Or is that only on a game by game basis?

I'm not sure about lag, but some games are glitchy or have frame rate issues. persona 3 ate saves but got patched. fatal frame 2 was messed up but got patched. there probably is lag too.

Top Bottom