• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 announced..weather, night racing all tracks, HD Youtube uploads, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

luffeN

idahoblue said:
I think they mean that since it is a GP circuit it is very wide, meaning many of the cue used for speed will be absent or reduced. Hopefully that is all it is. I have felt in the past that GT lacks a sense of speed, but I always adjust to it.
ah okey, thanks, makes sense.

well, the race tuned car is much better, but it is also a little harder. sense of speed is pretty good now. best lap: 1'44.450. Yamauchi: 1'37.601 xD

edit: I am playing with the ps3 controller btw xD

Dead Man

XiaNaphryz said:
Really? They specialize in sim reviews, and are the guys who did the racing wheel shootout we were talking about a couple pages back.

ISR website
Yeah, I just wrote off all reviews a few ago! I'll check them out though, thanks for the link.

alba

Little is the new Big
Bad video is sooo bad. Previews shouldn't be allowed to be record with such shitty driving, jeez. Sounds is much better than prologue which is good! :=)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So the much awaited demo, is not even a GT5 demo?
:/

The demo was specifically designed for this competition to showcase the realism of the brand-new physics engine and to challenge players’ driving skills using professional driving physics and many of the driving assists disabled. The full Gran Turismo 5 will feature multiple driving assists and various settings that can be changed to make the game easier or more challenging and realistic.

154ej2q.jpg

opmc88.jpg

11t8sv8.jpg

qwzzva.jpg

125gj1w.jpg

5fkpiw.jpg

axmpdy.jpg

iz1h8z.jpg

2r7swo7.jpg

2hp3zep.jpg

http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/news/d5147.html

The fact that they're unveiling the track today is good news because that means that tomorrow's Famitsu will likely have all new info. I was just expecting it to be the unveiling of Indianapolis.

Goldrusher

They should find a way to display your clock in the dashboard. Not 5.32 at all times.

The demo was specifically designed for this competition to showcase the realism of the brand-new physics engine and to challenge players’ driving skills using professional driving physics and many of the driving assists disabled.
Hopefully that doesn't turn off casual players. There better be a warning screen at the start of the demo.

RavenFox said:
Solid Snake bringing the love as always
If only he learned how to leave a blank line in between pics.

Euphor!a

Banned
Goldrusher said:
Hopefully that doesn't turn off casual players. There better be a warning screen at the start of the demo.

Yeah, Gran Turismo 5 will probably sell worse because of its new sim nature.

Wait...

I thought you guys were exaggerating about the driving skills of that person in the video, but man, that guy fuckin sucks :lol :lol :lol

Looking forward to the Famitsu
scans
tomorrow :D

Goldrusher said:

This is one of the reasons why I think they'll be a regular GT5 demo. This "demo" is for the GT Academy. So it has to have most of the assists off and pro physics on since they're trying to pick the best of the best.

luffeN

ok... maybe I can't see the tuning options or there are none.. but after watching Yamauchi's replay and thinking damn, his car seems to be faster, I compared the top speed on the straight to the finishing line and his car can go up to approx. 245 miles per hours while mine is around 145 miles per hour xD

just went through the display settings. horizontal res is 1920, vertical res is 1080. display mode progressive. brightness can be changed. there is an entry saying Image Quality with three options: Normal, Flicker reduction and Sharpen. you can also choose the SD (standard definition) display size by percentage.

audio settings have everything you can imagine plus an option for dynamic range with 3 types: living room, small theatre and large theatre.

all these things may already be known because of Prologue, so sorry if they are xD

edit: oh lol, just got an email saying that this is ONLY for the GT Academy and not a demo from GT5 xD it doesn't serve as a preview or review (wow lol, review?) they also say that we should not capture videos from it

mclaren777

Polyphony left in the terrible "rigid" chase camera that they used in GT4/GT5P.

Taku Imasaki told me that he was going to try to get PD to revert back to the chase cam from GT1-GT3. Apparently he failed to convince them.

I'm genuinely sad now. :(

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
dalin80 said:
It was never a demo.
Fersis am pwnd

Metalmurphy said:
It never was.
*edit* Damn you dalin80
Fersis am pwnd 2

mclaren777 said:

Taku Imasaki told me that he was going to try to get PD to revert back to the chase cam from GT1-GT3. Apparently he failed to convince them.

Hey, maybe the game has tonz of options. And your beloved camera is in there.

mclaren777 said:

Who the hell plays a sim with the chase came? Anyway, GTPSP had that "fixed". Final GT5 probably will to.

BeeDog

Since you guys probably know better than me, has the sound been improved between Prologue and this (based on the few available videos)?

AndyD

aka andydumi
banKai said:
yeah, it's brutal. only one small hiccup, but the rest is.. I don't know, is it possible to drive THAT good? xD

and his car is faster.

Its very possible with a wheel. Even on the pad if you get good. I imagine pelenty of people will beat his time. There were a couple places he "hesitated".

The point is he carried more speed onto the straightaway to launch off unlike the driver. And the driver did pretty well with a pad up until those final complexes where he lost a couple seconds.

This looks like a lot of fun. Was the video stuttering or is it just my work computer?

Fersis said:
So the much awaited demo, is not even a GT5 demo?
:/
I don't own a ps3 so I can't really say much but it would be silly for them to release this "demo" for people to compete to get into the GT academy and then release the final game a few months from now with totally rehashed physics and graphics. I honestly think what you are seeing now is very close to how the final will look, maybe a little more polish but don't expect a generation leap in changes.

Fersis

Diablohead said:
I don't own a ps3 so I can't really say much but it would be silly for them to release this "demo" for people to compete to get into the GT academy and then release the final game a few months from now with totally rehashed physics and graphics. I honestly think what you are seeing now is very close to how the final will look, maybe a little more polish but don't expect a generation leap in changes.
He, yeah it isnt a demo.
I was not very well informed :lol

But yeah, i expect GT5P quality with loooots of content

mclaren777

To the people who thought Kaz drove smoothly in that video (SolidSnakex, banKai, etc)...

His performance was terrible! Kaz still prefers to use the D-pad, but even considering that his driving line was really sloppy. He was missing apexes, over-correcting, and generally looking like a mid-tier driver. Hardly a stellar showing for the creator of the game.

Or were you guys just joking/do I need to get my sarcasm-meter recalibrated?

offshore said:
HUD still cluttered as fuck :|
Slightly different track map, though. Looks zoomed in and it will move on screen

Just release info on the packaging, a CE if there is going to be one, and bundles with the G27, etc. I need details

MGR

mclaren777 said:
To the people who thought Kaz drove smoothly in that video (SolidSnakex, banKai, etc)...

His performance was terrible! Kaz still prefers to use the D-pad, but even considering that his driving line was really sloppy. He was missing apexes, over-correcting, and generally looking like a mid-tier driver. Hardly a stellar showing for the creator of the game.

dnf5zs.jpg

Racer30

mclaren777 said:

What?

Az

Since I am an old GT fan, I know I will get this game.

Now I just need to get a good wheel before the release. What would be the best wheel that is not too expensive? G27 is $250 on amazon which is too much for me.

TheAzRim said:
Since I am an old GT fan, I know I will get this game.

Now I just need to get a good wheel before the release. What would be the best wheel that is not too expensive? G24 is $250 on amazon which is too much for me.

Yeah I need a good wheel myself.

Kuran

Banned
I don't understand this, why would they make such a horrible PR move? This should have at least upgraded to one of their latest internal stable builds.. disappointing.

Kuran said:
I don't understand this, why would they make such a horrible PR move? This should have at least upgraded to one of their latest internal stable builds.. disappointing.

Huh? Did you post in the wrong thread or something?

mclaren777 said:

lol wut? Kaz was the ghost car, not the player.

jett

D-Member
Kuran said:

I agree, this is going to cause backlash and negative response among the average gaming populace. I can already see the incoming quicklook. :p PD just does whatever the fuck they want.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
The vid was definitely skipping in some spots for me, especially from 1:40-1:50.

Looks great though, I'm really looking forward to playing this.

You guys are looking at it the wrong way. The whole GT Academy is the big GT promotion, or "PR move" as you call it, not the "application form" itself that you guys seem to think it's a demo. Not many people knew about GT Academy in 2008, pretty sure many more will now.

Zaptruder

Banned
mclaren777 said:

What did you think of the ghost car with K.Yamauchi over it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom