• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT| an Ode to the Automobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

h3ro

Re: DMC Delorean
mrklaw said:
I won one for a B-spec amateur race. Can't remember which one though.

NOO! Why didn't you post sooner! :lol

That was my 458 Italia money! Oh well... back to the grind.

Melfice7 said:
250+ ingame days later and i still couldnt find the caterham :<

It's appeared in the Used Car Dealership for me a couple of times. It's also the prize car for the most brokenly difficult championship series in the game.

-viper-

Banned
This game is incredibly addicting. I honestly did not expect to have this much fun with GT5, especially considering how bloated and boring previous Gran Turismo title was (GT4).

Patrick Bateman said:
[Jeff Gordon]Ready?[/Jeff Gordon] for the 50th time.

jeffgordonmeme04.jpg

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
darkwing said:
that Jeff Gordon , creeps me out

You mean he didn't creep you out before this game? I mean, GT5's Gordon is a pretty-close representation to the real-life Gordon. Flappy-mouth and all. At times, I wonder if he really is American and not a stealth Canadian in an American sport.

"Hey, are you alright?" is the new umad.

Now we need Donkey Show to edit in "Hey, U MAD?" on it.

Ashenor

Anyone have a pre 79 Japanese car, a truck, or a European 60-79 (think that's what I need for a beginner race) I can borrow?

If so psn id is ashenor

Thanks, I will sent it back promptly.

TheSeks said:
You mean he didn't creep you out before this game? I mean, GT5's Gordon is a pretty-close representation to the real-life Gordon. Flappy-mouth and all. At times, I wonder if he really is American and not a stealth Canadian in an American sport.

?

mehdi_san

From twitter:
1. GT5 soundtrack coming soon, 2 cd pack
2. Someone complains about the photo mode lacking the ability to select multiple files at the time, Yamauchi says he would like that ability too
3. He answers to someone comments about the cars' great behavior even if rally mode and standard cars suck, and he says that cars behavior uses a new model in GT5. He then adds that he's starting to feel he wants a new steering device (?)
4. Someone says he plays almost only online, and would like some remuneration for online mode too (credits). The answer is it's under consideration, someday they'll add it through an update.
5. The reason for no face tracking outside arcade mode is not enough memory. He adds something about the pit stop function being excluded, but I'm not sure about this part without playing the game.
6. Someone says wouldn't it be awesome if there was a free-roaming mode in the cities where you would have to respect lights and speed limits, and you would be able to visit the stores you want. Yamauchi answers that it's one of the thing he wanted to do in GT5 but wasn't able to.
7. Boring comment about 5oul on d!splay (seriously?!!) being very popular in Europe.
8. Mechanical damage will come with the next update, early December (not necessarily December 1st).
9. Full support for G25 and G27 (with button configuration) will take a little more time, for now it's gt force pro only
10. Lounge function will be added progressively.
Sorry for the lousy translation, i did what I could.

turnbuckle

Finally got to play a bit more yesterday after the 4 day weekend kept me too occupied. Got at least a bronze in the first two classes of licenses. I'm definitely a beginner at sim racing, but I don't understand how there are a few licenses where I was able to get a gold without even knowing my objective or watching an example on my first try, while other licenses (even in the first class) I can barely do better than a bronze.

On that note, is there any way to change the song that plays upon earning a bronze trophy during licenses? That song makes me want to turn the stereo off and I can't mash the x button fast enough to get out of there. Also, is there a way to auto-retry a license? My one real complaint against the game is that it can be pretty slow to navigate through the menus even after installing, so anything I can do to streamline the experience would be great.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
mehdi_san said:
From twitter:
2. Someone complains about the photo mode lacking the ability to select multiple files at the time, Yamauchi says he would like that ability too
3. He answers to someone comments about the cars' great behavior even if rally mode and standard cars suck, and he says that cars behavior uses a new model in GT5. He then adds that he's starting to feel he wants a new steering device (?)
4. Someone says he plays almost only online, and would like some remuneration for online mode too (credits). The answer is it's under consideration, someday they'll add it through an update.
5. The reason for no face tracking outside arcade mode is not enough memory. He adds something about the pit stop function being excluded, but I'm not sure about this part without playing the game.
6. Someone says wouldn't it be awesome if there was a free-roaming mode in the cities where you would have to respect lights and speed limits, and you would be able to visit the stores you want. Yamauchi answers that it's one of the thing he wanted to do in GT5 but wasn't able to.
7. Boring comment about 5oul on d!splay (seriously?!!) being very popular in Europe.
8. Mechanical damage will come with the next update, early December (not necessarily December 1st).
9. Full support for G25 and G27 (with button configuration) will take a little more time, for now it's gt force pro only
Thank you very much.

Dead Man

h3ro said:
"Hey, are you alright?" is the new umad.
We can hope so, becuase that shit is hilarious.

mehdi_san said:
From twitter:
What were they doing all year? Glad to hear about the updates, but what the hell?

test_account

XP-39C²
Was it once said that standard cars couldnt flip over? I was under the impression of this at least until today when i managed to flip a standard car over.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Dead Man said:
We can hope so, becuase that shit is hilarious.

What were they doing all year? Glad to hear about the updates, but what the hell?
Working on the retail version AND the upcoming updates.

BeeDog

While it's good that they seem dedicated to support this game, several of the features should've been there from day 1. It is baffling why some stuff (like the abovementioned mechanical damage) wasn't in.

PetriP-TNT said:
RE: Loeb challlenge.

HOW... IN... THE...WORLD... AM... I... SUPPOSED...TO...DO...THIS????? AARGH

Enable skid force recovery. It's a cheat code for those challenges. TCS and ASM should both be off obviously as well.

pix

BeeDog said:
While it's good that they seem dedicated to support this game, several of the features should've been there from day 1. It is baffling why some stuff (like the abovementioned mechanical damage) wasn't in.

And it probably would of been if Kaz was in control of the release date. Sony pushed this out before the holiday season. If it was up to kKaz this game wouldn't be out for another year I bet.

Dead Man

pix said:
What the hell are you talking about "All year". The game just came out.
I mean what were they spending their time on this year since a couple of those seem to be pretty fundamental features, that were expected at release.

Fersis said:
Working on the retail version AND the upcoming updates.
Yes, and a fine job they did too. But I've said it once, and I'll say it again. This game is not polished. And there has been plenty of time for polish. Yes, the driving is the best I have seen, and I will likely put 100's of hours into this game. I'm just disappointed by the fact that they have had years to work on this yet the need day 1 patches, week one patches and the UI is terrible. Too bad if you don't have your console connected to the internet. I know we all do, but there are plenty of people that don't.

Fuck it, end of rant, back to the awesomeness! Sorry.:D

This is pretty much exactly the sequence I just went through. Just... beyond a joke.

"Ok, so I'll do a bspec race"

*Select BSpec**Loading**Select Level**Select Event*

"So, what do I need to use"

*Select Restrictions**Back*

"Not sure I've got one of those, maybe I won a standard version"

*Select Garage**Standard**Back*

"Nothing there, off to the dealership."

*Home**Loading**Select Dealership**Loading*

"Not sure who sells a car light enough, from the right country etc etc"

*Press**Loading**Back**Press**Loading**Back**Press**Loading*...etc

"Fuck, no premiums, I'll have to go to the used dealership"

*Home**Select User Dealership**Loading*

"Miracle... there's one there, ok let's race!"

*Purchase**Confirm**STUPIDDELIVERYSEQUENCE**Confirm**Loading*

"Goddamnit no, I need comfort soft tyres"

*Home**Select Tuning**Loading**Select Tyres**Select Type**Purchase**Confirm**Confirm**Confirm**Back**Home*
*Select BSpec**Loading**Select Level**Select Event**Select Driver**Confirm*

***30 SECONDS OF LOADING***

I swear if the racing wasn't so good I'd have smashed the disc to pieces. It didn't annoy me much to start with but it's REALLY pissing me off now. When I can remember I make sure I write down the tyre type for an event before buying a car... but it still doesn't save much time. Utterly, utterly retarded. Just let me buy cars / tyres / parts at the fucking event screen ffs. Why no searching for cars either? There's 1000 vehicles in the damn game and you didn't think to include a search on the dealerships?

jlevel13

BeeDog said:

I've been kind of wondering about this rolled out update plan too - wondering if it's not an intentional way to keep people from selling back their games - just slowly rolling out features to make the package more and more complete. It does seem really weird after so much development time, so many random weird basic features are missing (like leaderboards or credits for online races or mechanical damadge).

Valkyr Junkie said:
Enable skid force recovery. It's a cheat code for those challenges. TCS and ASM should both be off obviously as well.
ASM didn't work for me at all but srf was like cheating yeah. Gold with first try. Thanks!

-viper-

Banned
Psychotext said:
This is pretty much exactly the sequence I just went through. Just... beyond a joke.

"Ok, so I'll do a bspec race"

"So, what do I need to use"

*Select Restrictions**Back*

"Not sure I've got one of those, maybe I won a standard version"

*Select Garage**Standard**Back*

"Nothing there, off to the dealership."

*Home**Loading**Select Dealership**Loading*

"Not sure who sells a car light enough, from the right country etc etc"

*Press**Loading**Back**Press**Loading**Back**Press**Loading*...etc

"Fuck, no premiums, I'll have to go to the used dealership"

*Home**Select User Dealership**Loading*

"Miracle... there's one there, ok let's race!"

*Purchase**Confirm**STUPIDDELIVERYSEQUENCE**Confirm**Loading*

"Goddamnit no, I need comfort soft tyres"

*Home**Select Tuning**Loading**Select Tyres**Select Type**Purchase**Confirm**Confirm**Confirm**Back**Home*
*Select BSpec**Loading**Select Level**Select Event**Select Driver**Confirm*

***30 SECONDS OF LOADING***

I swear if the racing wasn't so good I'd have smashed the disc to pieces. It didn't annoy me much to start with but it's REALLY pissing me off now. When I can remember I make sure I write down the tyre type for an event before buying a car... but it still doesn't save much time. Utterly, utterly retarded. Just let me buy cars / tyres / parts at the fucking event screen ffs. Why no searching for cars either? There's 1000 vehicles in the damn game and you didn't think to include a search on the dealerships?
I feel your pain!

But it's something that has been a problem in the past GT games too (Prologue, GT4).

I really hope the PS4 is actually able to handle the menu load times.

The load time from starting a track I don't really mind as much, but simply navigating through menus? ARGH.

jlevel13

-viper- said:
I feel your pain!

But it's something that has been a problem in the past GT games too (Prologue, GT4).

I really hope the PS4 is actually able to handle the menu load times.

The load time from starting a track I don't really mind as much, but simply navigating through menus? ARGH.

I'd be curious to see a breakdown between how much time I've spent clicking around in the menu system vs. how much time spent racing... feels pretty much like a 50/50 split.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom