• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue screens

52ld6o7.jpg

6h3ttsj.jpg

4qp6r8m.jpg

4ujqecp.jpg

4tfw1tz.jpg

4qd2tr6.jpg

66iyr28.jpg

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_4615_en.html

pCeSlAyEr

is it me or did they go cartoony on us?

*EDIT*
not a bad thing at all, but doesnt look as nice as there GTHD demo...

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
There's a trailer up on the Sony press site..

If they didn't release any shots of those other environments, we'll hopefully have trailer grabs soon :p

Draft

It seems to me the car models lost a little bit of detail from GT:HD. The last GT:HD screens I saw had one car and it was just jaw dropping, looked totally real from certain angles. These kind of have that Forza fakeness, where little things like the way light reflects off the paint, or the headlights, make it totally clear that you're looking at a game and not a picture.

pCeSlAyEr said:
is it me or did they go cartoony on us?

not a bad thing at all, but doesnt look as nice as the there demo...

I sort of agree with this, mainly for the red mustang pic. This doesn't look realistic to me compared to early GTHD screens. The color and the way they shaded the cars looks off.

1316_0008.jpg

the mustang seems to have less detail than GTHD, but i guess its obvious trade-off from having multiple cars onscreen vs one single car in GTHD. if its 60fps.......then WOW

Draft said:
It seems to me the car models lost a little bit of detail from GT:HD. The last GT:HD screens I saw had one car and it was just jaw dropping, looked totally real from certain angles. These kind of have that Forza fakeness, where little things like the way light reflects off the paint, or the headlights, make it totally clear that you're looking at a game and not a picture.
I would agree by looking at these pics, but the trailer was incredible. It absolutely eclipsed GT:HD. This looks nothing like the trailer, was the trailer CG?

MaX_PL

Banned
the trailer was much more impressive. some of these screens arent that great.

only the white ferrari is comparable to the trailer.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Draft said:
It seems to me the car models lost a little bit of detail from GT:HD. The last GT:HD screens I saw had one car and it was just jaw dropping

That car features in the trailer and it looked as good as ever.

Slowly downloading the trailer..hopefully someone will get a fast link to it soon.

Draft

I don't like to make points without evidence so it sucks that the forum is crawling and search is disabled. That mustang is definitely the worse culprit but all the screens have that Forza thing going on.

Scum

You boys should know by now that screenshots don't do most games nowadays any justice. Maybe there's a trade-off...slightly less detailed models -> 60FPS. Still great stuff, though.

RavenFox

Banned
Draft said:
I don't like to make points without evidence so it sucks that the forum is crawling and search is disabled. That mustang is definitely the worse culprit but all the screens have that Forza thing going on.
You have to be kidding me. what forza thing? Im not even going to say it

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
The Chef said:
:lol My thoughts exactly.

WTF those screens are REAL 0_0

No joke.....the white Ferrari...the grass and road and just the smoothness of it...incredible. Trailer on PSN?

pCeSlAyEr

Draft said:
I agree altho i'd say more of PGR3 thing...

Joates

Banned
The top-down ferrari shot has that photo realistic quality to it, the rest of the shots look damn good, but not on the same level as that one.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
They forgot to include angular curves, I don't see any! What a disappointment.

dejay

Banned
I think some people are seeing something better in these shots because they want to. They're very nice but not "OMG IT'S SO REEL!!!"

Top Bottom