• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue screens

i really hope its not just the eyecandy.

i hope they finally adress some problems that we've been pointing out since GT2, such as engine sounds, dumb AI, ravenped carrear mode... i think they are on the right track. the little trailer already gave a lot to cheear.

about damage, i forgive cosmetic damage if they at least can have performance damage.

for us sim players, that's what matters. let's say you're in that xanavi z going 180 miles per hour in a straight. then you decide to press triangle just to see what happens if you try to reverse the car.

transmission breaks, car spins, makes an absurd noise and you are out of the race.

that would be my dream, that's the kind of damage i want on console games. (GTR says hello devs)

Geezer

Broken water pistol loaded with piss
SolidSnakex said:
4lrawz4.jpg
Sneak preview of Getaway assets confirmed. I honestly believe that's what we're seeing in this shot:D

Pimpwerx

Geezer said:
Sneak preview of Getaway assets confirmed. I honestly believe that's what we're seeing in this shot:D
Why not? They're gonna do detailed mapping of London, and they are under the SCEWWS umbrella. I would really like it if this was the case, and I'd also like it if PD then went ahead and copied PGR's track-planning system. I like how you can change layouts in PGR (I think they let you, at least). PEACE.

Mrbob

Sony is the clear leader in next gen game development at the moment.

Their first party PS3 titles are pretty much blowing away everything on the market.

Raistlin

SolidSnakex said:
Yeah it does, its at the bottom of the thread.

What does 'bottom of the thread' mean? ... do you mean page? If so, it ain't.

protip: posts per page is configurable per user.

Please link directly to the post.

D3VI0US

I don't even like GT, I hate most sims, but I can appreciate it and all the things it does. Holy crap if that isn't sexy on top of all the crazy tuning and car physics and the addition of online that's pretty awesome. I expect Sony to have a similar setup as Forza for online buying and selling cars too so it should be pretty ****ing awesome. Microtransact the **** out of it, cars, courses, parts, and you've got a goldmine that'll last a generation.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
In all honesty, it's pretty clear which is a game and which is real EXCEPT for the last comparison, where GT looks better :lol

MaX_PL

Banned
i understand why everyones so amazed by this. this is realtime, but its photomode/cutscenes.

i want to see GT5 gameplay compared to GT HD gameplay or Forza gameplay. i'm sure if other developers put their focus on development of a realistic photomode, they to could achieve this degree of realism.

its nice that those are realtime shots, but, well it doesnt do much for me because thats not gameplay.

MaX_PL said:
i understand why everyones so amazed by this. this is realtime, but its photomode/cutscenes.

i want to see GT5 gameplay compared to GT HD gameplay or Forza gameplay. i'm sure if other developers put their focus on development of a realistic photomode, they to could achieve this degree of realism.

its nice that those are realtime shots, but, well it doesnt do much for me because thats not gameplay.

Gameplay and replays have looked the same since the original GT.

Scum

D3VI0US said:
I don't even like GT, I hate most sims, but I can appreciate it and all the things it does. Holy crap if that isn't sexy on top of all the crazy tuning and car physics and the addition of online that's pretty awesome. I expect Sony to have a similar setup as Forza for online buying and selling cars too so it should be pretty ****ing awesome. Microtransact the **** out of it, cars, courses, parts, and you've got a goldmine that'll last a generation.
I know exactly what you mean! I'm not fond of these racing sims either, but holy zombie Jesus @ GT5! My uncle and racing sim luvin' friends are going to swoon over this when it's available.

I would not be suprised if the game plays just like gt 3-4 but with slightly different car collisions that slow you down more.

Visualy it looks amazing though.

careksims

Holy Smokes at the comparison shots! Like the last couple down I just couldn't believe it. I had to do a double take on them!

John_B

I really hope this will get Porsche and Lamborghini execs/pr of their lazy asses and demand that their killer cars should be in the game as well. I mean the promotion the Audi R8 is getting alone from this game must be worth a shit load.

The car models are simply unmatched on such a level that it's another generation leap worthy. They are detailed to perfection.

samic

Demigod Mac said:
gt4.jpg

Mother of God...!

but I can see the defect of this shot. The side of the track looks more like a "mapping tunnel" than an open environment for me (notice the end of the shot.) Not bad for a HDR mapping btw.

seattle6418 said:
i really hope its not just the eyecandy.

i hope they finally adress some problems that we've been pointing out since GT2, such as engine sounds, dumb AI, ravenped carrear mode... i think they are on the right track. the little trailer already gave a lot to cheear.

about damage, i forgive cosmetic damage if they at least can have performance damage.

for us sim players, that's what matters. let's say you're in that xanavi z going 180 miles per hour in a straight. then you decide to press triangle just to see what happens if you try to reverse the car.

transmission breaks, car spins, makes an absurd noise and you are out of the race.

that would be my dream, that's the kind of damage i want on console games. (GTR says hello devs)

Yeah...Polyphony has proven that they are the graphics gods of the industry (as if any of us every doubted them!), now they just need to prove that they can make improvements to the actual game.

Garcia

PS3 needs a new slogan, sorta like "Better than Life"

I mean... Those comparison shots are spectacular. Both the model and real car are identical twins. The **** is wrong with Polyphony ???

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Any gameplay screens or footage? The replay stuff always looks better than the gameplay.

Kinda off topic - Man, I still hate the design for the new Nissan GTR :(

Yoboman said:
Do it :lol

Before the shitfest and the comparisons go too far, the difference is that you can go play Forza 2 right now, online with your friends if you want. GT5 will be out a year later than Forza 2 at a minimum on a more powerful system from a bigger (and graphically more talented) developer, so it SHOULD look better! Keep that in mind before you begin shitting on ONE aspect of Forza 2.

Why don't we talk about how awesome it is that we get an ONLINE demo this fall instead???

Top Bottom