Gran Turismo 5 Prologue The Official Thread of Glorious Cockpit View

Nov 10, 2004
8,464
0
0
Surfheart said:
:lol

GT5:p looks like Forsete's shots on my TV.
Except for the vsync tears lol
Yes and better. It's more sharper when playing on my tv.
But those pics do a good job of showing how GT5P looks in-game.
They are compressed after all, but of course much and much closer to
the actual thing than those crappy IGN screengrabs.

It's really somewhere between those Forsete's shots and the official Polyphone shots.
 
Jan 4, 2006
10,767
0
1,050
38
Netherlands
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/32153.html


A question. Did PD use old audio recordings for some cars? It is as if they re-recorded the GT (it sounds wonderful) but some of the other cars sound really bad.

And another thing, call me a troll if you want, the jumps look mighty weird. I've pointed this out before but this footage makes it very clear. It's just worrisome to see some of the GT4-ish physics still being in there. I really expected there to be a complete new physics engine. But then again, I know the final game won't come out for many months so I am still optimistic the physics will be refined.
 
Nov 10, 2004
8,464
0
0
PjotrStroganov said:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/32153.html


A question. Did PD use old audio recordings for some cars? It is as if they re-recorded the GT (it sounds wonderful) but some of the other cars sound really bad.

And another thing, call me a troll if you want, the jumps look mighty weird. I've pointed this out before but this footage makes it very clear. It's just worrisome to see some of the GT4-ish physics still being in there. I really expected there to be a complete new physics engine. But then again, I know the final game won't come out for many months so I am still optimistic the physics will be refined.
Choose professional and play the game.
 
Mar 26, 2006
14,931
0
0
Played this yesterday in Virgin. The London track, unbelievable!! Anyone that's trying to post shots that make it look bad are Trolls, there's no other description; the game's the best looking racer if not best looking game out there!

They were doing a time trial competition at Virgin, I was average.
 
Jan 4, 2006
10,767
0
1,050
38
Netherlands
gogogow said:
Choose professional and play the game.
Will be difficult for me. I don't own a PS3 yet. So all I can do is check the footage and voice my opinion based on that.;)

And I do know that the physics have been reworked and no doubt, the experience is realistic, especially driving with the cockpit cam. But like has been said in the latest 1Up show (regarding RB6V2) it only takes one little thing to take you out of it. And one of these little things for me is the weird jumping physics showcased in the replays. I'm sure I can live with it when playing the final game (assuming it will still be in there; probably not). I really doubt though that the jumps are any different in professional mode but I'll try and check some replay footage to make sure.
 
Oct 19, 2005
14,485
3
0
PjotrStroganov said:
Will be difficult for me. I don't own a PS3 yet. So all I can do is check the footage and voice my opinion based on that.;)
Trust me, physics in this game are not something to voice an opinion about without playing. PD went through some incredible lengths in this department. They were the first thing I noticed as soon as I played the demo.
 
Feb 26, 2007
34,619
2
0
Guys, I need a massive favour. Anyone have a link to a GT5P Japanese version save file? Preferably one with tonnes of cars or lots of money?

I just need to test some of the sporter cars without having to play it for too long. Since I'm getting the UK version in a few days anyway.

Any help would be much appreciated.
 

Tiduz

Eurogaime
May 20, 2006
9,635
0
1,325
33
Netherlands
nib95 said:
Guys, I need a massive favour. Anyone have a link to a GT5P Japanese version save file? Preferably one with tonnes of cars or lots of money?

I just need to test some of the sporter cars without having to play it for too long. Since I'm getting the UK version in a few days anyway.

Any help would be much appreciated.
http://users.tpg.com.au/jpap13/
 
Jan 4, 2006
10,767
0
1,050
38
Netherlands
AlphaSnake said:
No, it's just that I've never heard anyone attempt to judge physics based on videos.
I can understand that. But I've also never driven a car really fast across a track. Let alone jumped with a car. I however have seen footage of cars driven really fast and also have seen them jump. The replay seems off when I'm comparing it with footage I remember. I don't have to be sitting inside a tennis ball to know whether the virtual version of it travels correctly across the air in Top Spin? If people here say it is different in with professional settings, so be it. I yet have to see it though.




I understand nobody here cares anyway. So carry on.;)
 
Feb 7, 2005
15,125
0
0
34
Surrey, BC
PjotrStroganov said:
I can understand that. But I've also never driven a car really fast across a track. Let alone jumped with a car. I however have seen footage of cars driven really fast and also have seen them jump. The replay seems off when I'm comparing it with footage I remember. I don't have to be sitting inside a tennis ball to know whether the virtual version of it travels correctly across the air in Top Spin? If people here say it is different in with professional settings, so be it. I yet have to see it though.




I understand nobody here cares anyway. So carry on.;)
I haven't done a jump in pro settings(i have the demo which just has suzuka)

Without going into damage modeling it is probably tough to get a jump to be 100% accurate.
 
Jun 7, 2004
4,811
0
0
Does GT5P support custom music? I don't have a PS3 at the moment, so I'm not sure it's even a feature in any PS3 games. I love playing racinggames with my own music playing in the background.
 
Dec 8, 2005
1,470
0
0
I'm not sure if I'm gonna buy this one, kinda worried about the sense of speed. It does look superb and all but I don't wanna feel like I'm driving like a grandpa while the counter says I'm going 120 mph.
 

a1m

Banned
Feb 27, 2008
911
0
0
Juuuurop
bad-joey said:
I'm not sure if I'm gonna buy this one, kinda worried about the sense of speed. It does look superb and all but I don't wanna feel like I'm driving like a grandpa while the the counter says I'm going 120 mph.
If the sense of speed feels lame just change your view to hood-cam. IMO that speeds it up quite a bit.
 
Apr 21, 2007
1,302
0
860
UK
Falch said:
Does GT5P support custom music? I don't have a PS3 at the moment, so I'm not sure it's even a feature in any PS3 games. I love playing racinggames with my own music playing in the background.
In Simulation racing games, the only music you need is the sweet song coming from your cars engine.
 
Apr 15, 2005
8,847
0
0
KUFI said:
Wow, so Polyphony still haven't fixed the horrible edges that were present on the cars in GT HD - have they fix the hideous self-shadowing?

F1 CE - yes, I know its 30 fps, but it's the best looking racer on PS3. Why are all the next gen version's of Gran Turismo plagued with graphical problems?

Polyphony are losing their touch.
 
Sep 17, 2005
16,003
0
0
Wax Free Vanilla said:
Wow, so Polyphony still haven't fixed the horrible edges that were present on the cars in GT HD - have they fix the hideous self-shadowing?

F1 CE - yes, I know its 30 fps, but it's the best looking racer on PS3. Why are all the next gen version's of Gran Turismo plagued with graphical problems?

Polyphony are losing their touch.
What the Hell
 
Wax Free Vanilla said:
Wow, so Polyphony still haven't fixed the horrible edges that were present on the cars in GT HD - have they fix the hideous self-shadowing?

F1 CE - yes, I know its 30 fps, but it's the best looking racer on PS3. Why are all the next gen version's of Gran Turismo plagued with graphical problems?

Polyphony are losing their touch.
:lol
 
Apr 14, 2007
13,013
0
0
bad-joey said:
holy shit, thats pretty fast indeed :)
but I think thats the F1 car? Is the speed similar with the other faster cars?
Well its realistic in a sense to the car. Of course a Ford Focus will not give you the sense of speed like an F1 car. GT pretty well has a stepping system with more cars becoming available to you as you play, they generally are faster and the sense of speed increases.