• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue The Official Thread of Glorious Cockpit View

nofi

erick said:
8gintl0.jpg

Yeah.

erick

Banned
dankir said:
Okay I need some clarification. What should be the easiest way to purchase this? Buy the disc from an import shop ? Or buy the 5000 yen card off of ebay ?

I want to have it asap!

To all the doubters the Prologue demo is very close to this it has some aliasing problems, but at 1080p its fucking gorgeous.

Well, if you like your 1024x576p upscaled to 1080p, then rock on... I guess.
(Did anybody besides me bother to check the rez on those screenies?)

BeeDog

erick said:

Because the resolution of bullshot screens is always representative of the ingame resolution. Yup yup.

dankir

erick said:

Are you sure, its supposed to run natively at 1920 x 1080p no? I thought there was a thread listing the funny resolutions of most "1080p" games.

edit: I knew you were trying to downplay the game. My 52" Samsung 1080p and G25 anxiously await its arrival.

Zaptruder

Banned
erick said:

No. Because everyone that gives and matters a damn realises those images are downsized from the original resolution.

Obaid

Banned
Insane Metal said:
Quoting since it seems nobody saw it... >_>

they say very realistic damage model. I hope you can turn that shit off. I want to have my car brand new all the time :D

avaya

dankir said:
Are you sure, its supposed to run natively at 1920 x 1080p no? I thought there was a thread listing the funny resolutions of most "1080p" games.

It runs at 1440 x 1080 or something silly like that native, scaled horizontal to Full HD. 1440x1080 is Japanese Transport Stream Full-HD-lite resolution for NHK Hi-Vision Broadcasts.

deepbrown

erick said:
BTW it's 1280 by 1080 upscaled NOT what you said.

The demo is 1280 by 1080 2xAA

and 720p 4xAA

GTHD was 1440by 1080 btw

IF GT5 Prologue is 1440 by 1080 that'd be cool... :)

nofi

Zaptruder said:
No. Because everyone that gives and matters a damn realises those images are downsized from the original resolution.

Yup. There are 1080p screens of the same shots, on the press site. It's a 12 meg zip.

The guy's a fucking idiot.

deepbrown

avaya said:
It's 1280x1080 now? So 1440x1080 was GTHD?
Aye....GT5Prologue DEMO I'm talking about though...release could be diff ie. release could be the same res as GTHD, or even more (though I expect we'll have to wait for GT5 for that) :)

Some people seem to be forgetting that this is 60fps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

erick

Banned
nofi said:
Yup. There are 1080p screens of the same shots, on the press site. It's a 12 meg zip.

The guy's a fucking idiot.

Oh snap. Are you implying that it will be 1080p, natively? If so, this is going to be fun.

Xun

Why aren't there enough racing games that look like this on the 360 and PS3? I mean hooooly shit.

It looks amazing. I really hope Forza 3 comes somewhat close to this.

nofi

erick said:
Oh snap. Are you implying that it will be 1080p, natively? If so, this is going to be fun.

No, I'm implying it's not 1024 x 768 like you seem to have set your heart on.

Edit: 576. Whatever.

aq0002.jpg

erick

Banned
nofi said:
No, I'm implying it's not 1024 x 768 like you seem to have set your heart on.

Honestly, I'd consider it a great achievement if it was 720p, natively. The closest it will get to 1080p will be by upscaling.

nofi

erick said:
Honestly, I'd consider it a great achievement if it was 720p, natively. The closest it will get to 1080p will be by upscaling.

Go ask your pixel counting buddies. It's clearly not 1920x1080, but it's not 1024x576 either, is it?

erick

Banned
Insane Metal said:
It already runs at 1280x1080p, dude.

How can you say that with a straight face? Seeing as 1080p normally means 1920x1080, and there is no such resolution for widescreen as 1280x1080?

This thread is teeming with know-nothing fanboys, I swear.

nofi

erick said:
How can you say that with a straight face? Seeing as 1080p normally means 1920x1080, and there is no such resolution for widescreen as 1280x1080?

Well off you fuck, then, as I suggested about 3 hours ago.

Yoboman

I'm wondering how they're supposed to fit more improvements AND crash physics on top of this engine already. I hope Poly left enough power left enough room for PS3 to work with :lol I still think it's silly that they're not designing damage from the ground-up

erick said:

He knows that because the same guy that uncovered that HALO 3 doesn't run at 720p has also been uncovering what other resolutions games run at. And 1280x1080 is what GT5P is running at.

erick

Banned
nofi said:
Go ask your pixel counting buddies. It's clearly not 1920x1080, but it's not 1024x576 either, is it?

Why do you put such stock in this single screenshot? I mean, it has been pointed out previously that it is anti-aliased to hell, hasn't it? It would look jaggier if it were really in 1920x1080p! Take it from someone who games at 1920x1440.

This screen is already not representative of the final product just by the virtue of that.
As for myself, I wait holding my breath to see the ingame texture quality to equal that of this screenshot (no doubt the AF filters have been turned to 16x as well, and maybe a hint of transparency anti-aliasing has been added, looking at that wire fence).

erick

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
He knows that because the same guy that uncovered that HALO 3 doesn't run at 720p has also been uncovering what other resolutions games run at. And 1280x1080 is what GT5P is running at.

You do understand that 1280x1080 < < 1920x1080, and is not true 1080p, right?

BeeDog

erick said:
You do understand that 1280x1080 < < 1920x1080, and is not true 1080p, right?

Yes but it's not 576p like you said earlier. Stop contradicting yourself already, we know that it's not full 1080p.

deepbrown

SolidSnakex said:
The DEMO of GT5P - we don't know about the full release do we.

Plus this guy who's screaming saying we know nothing doesn't seem to know that the PS3 does HORIZANTLE SCALING.

Madman

erick said:

I'm pretty sure the a pixel counter said it was 1280x1080.

Why are you in this thread? First you were here to say the London track won't look like the screens, and now you are on a questioning what resolution the game will be at.

deepbrown

BeeDog said:
Yes but it's not 576p like you said earlier. Stop contradicting yourself already, we know that it's not full 1080p.
Yuh that would be very weird - this is NOT Conan :)

I dont get what the fuss is myself...the game is HD. It's not below HD like Halo3, COD4

Kyoufu

deepbrown said:
You are quite retarded aren't you. Who is this guy?

I don't know but thanks to him, this thread went down the shitter. Avoiding this thread until people learn to ignore him.

Top Bottom