• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue The Official Thread of Glorious Cockpit View

Those are some of the worst photos of cars I have ever seen, bouc. Especially the last one which looks like a scan of an airbrushed photo from an 80's magazine.

Goldrusher

GauntletFan said:
Those are some of the worst photos of cars I have ever seen, bouc. Especially the last one which looks like a scan of an airbrushed photo from an 80's magazine.

Can you do it better ?

Dibbz

Seems like they've started to advertise GT5p in the UK. I could hear it on the TV a minute ago. There were some engine sounds with that Battle Royale music playing. Guy mentioned about 16 players and I didn't catch the rest.

Anyone else see tv ads in the UK yet?

justjohn

Dibbz said:
Seems like they've started to advertise GT5p in the UK. I could hear it on the TV a minute ago. There were some engine sounds with that Battle Royale music playing. Guy mentioned about 16 players and I didn't catch the rest.

Anyone else see tv ads in the UK yet?
sony is now the new sponsors of formula one on itv, so expect loads of them on tv, although i'm yet to see one now.

Dibbz

justjohn said:
sony is now the new sponsors of formula one on itv, so expect loads of them on tv, although i'm yet to see one now.
Well Sky was on Paramount when I left it, so I'm guessing if no one changed it then it aired on that channel.

Pimpwerx

GauntletFan said:
Do better or stfu. bouc does a great job finding pics from similar angles. Most people who do these comparos totally botch them. Besides, this is meant to flatter the game. PEACE.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Lion Heart said:
Gt beats a few of those RL shots. Once again, GT > RL. If they could nail AA, it would be impossible to tell during gameplay imo

yeah... last time there were a few more that I couldn't tell, but that's because of the backgrounds this time... it's hard to mix them up when you know all the locations in the actual game. Still, this always makes me wonder, what the hell is it gunna look like next gen? I mean seriously will they perfect it to real life?

Wollan

The next gen of consoles could very probably be the generation where development meets a wall. If you want pixar looking quality you will probably have the juice for it available but the projects will in general be too big if you try to max out those consoles (unless you are doing absolutely uneccessary raycast checks of every single thing for the heck of it).

Wollan said:
The next gen of consoles could very probably be the generation where development meets a wall. If you want pixar looking quality you will probably have the juice for it available but the projects will in general be too big if you try to max out those consoles (unless you are doing absolutely uneccessary raycast checks of every single thing for the heck of it).

The whole diminishing returns story would return too though.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Wollan said:

No I definitely disagree... not tryin to sound like an ass, and I really don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to this stuff, but there's just too much we've seen already to prove there is a lot left to come. Crysis is the best example, and in a few years it'll be no big deal at all really.

I remember when HL2 and Doom 3 came out, those were the 2 beasts. It was like ATI HL2, Nvidia doom 3... which looked better kinda thing. Then fear came out and that was the big one in graphics... now games with graphics like that are pumped out like shovel ware almost. I think tools will come out to make things easier, and will never stop improving.

Epix

GTSurgeons - Croatian Gran Turismo Community (Gran Turismo zajednica Hrvatska) - Proudly presents

GTSurgeons.com for GTPlanet.net

WORLD'S FIRST GT5: PROLOGUE PAL HANDS-ON

Oops, I did it again Many thanx to my friends who gave me another oportunity to do this, as many times before.

You get the content of this thread from the title, I've just announced it, and now I have something important to do for the next hour or so , so please expect first update around 18:00 my local time (17:00 CET).

Until then, just few muggy shots of the box and start-screen - I couldn't use flash since the damn surfaces reflects all

More updates soon, thank God it's Friday.

Notice I'll be adding all new info in this first post.

FIRST UPDATE

OK - so let's start

Opening sequence of the game is totaly new, with some of the most gorgeous visuals ever seen. I guess PD outdid themselves one more time and I'm scared how the GT5 will look one day if this is Prologue. At the end there is a sweet glance of an F1 car - as I alreaddy posted - and about which I'll talk later. I do not want to record it or youtube it, since I find that move questionable and I don't want to ruin the surprise for nobody or hurt any copyrights.

Also, I will not take pictures of all the cars, all new outdoor locations and such because of the same reasons described above. I hope you'll be satisified with all other info. Please, understand.

Game takes 13 minutes to install on HDD, and game file is 5880MB big. In GT:TV I couldn't access any content besides opening sequence, not even the new feature movie that should have been there. Maybe it opens at later point, when online will be revealed, or at the end of the Carrer mode. I'll inform about that later on.

Notice that I've been told that Online service will start it's work on 27th March, but it's still officialy unconfirmed. That of course means that no online features can be accesed (NEWS/GTTV/ONLINE) and no connection to online services can't be established at this point.

New things in Game Options are:

•*adjustable number od laps for Arcade and 2P Battles - 2 to 99 laps (great )
•*unit coverter is here, for all our Imperial friends in GB and Downunder (my best to my cousins in Sydney)
•*new Driving Force GT wheel is the only wheel that can have new "Live-Dynamics" on-wheel, however
•*"Live-Dynamics" can be mapped to controller buttons for usage with other supported wheels
•*FF can be adjusted in 1-10 strenght (as in JP game)
•*G25 is not on the supported list (so was not in JP game, and I'll ty it later on for second update) but I guess it works

Now about Dealerships and Cars, Ferrari and Unexpected Surprise of All Times (or "What actually happend with Sony's F1 licence and how they obviusely found a new way to breed life into somehow deceasing genre of F1 games:

You know the car list from the previous thread (http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=96425) so I won't loose any time in repeating it.

Just notice that 5 cars that were excluded from SCEE's list for PAL when compared to SCEA's list for USA are NOT in the rooster. So, maybe those 5 cars (Lexus IS F Tuned Car, Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) Tuned Car, Peugeot 207GTI '07, Peugeot 307cc Premium AVN '04 and RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7) will become available after US games comes out via some update.

Tuner's Cars have their separate Showrooms (Amuse, Blitz, Mine's and Morrisson), while "Tuned Cars" (notice the difference) are listed in their special dealership called "Concept Cars by Gran Turismo". There lies Ford GT LM (whiich actualy IS a race-car specificed, so there ARE race-cars in GT5:p), Viper SRT10 Tuned Car and others.

Everybody is crazy about Ferrari, so there are 5 cars there. F430, 599, F40 and 512BB. And - as you've guessed well on later pages of this thread - 2007 F1 car with both "5" and "6" numbers and both colour - light red and rich red. So, there maybe lies a hint of the future of F1 games and maybe we can expect that whole F1 Championship could end up as a separate venue in Gran Turismo 5, with all teams and circuits. It's a gretest-speculation-of-them-all at this point, but it could skyrocket the Gran Turismo series sales, skyrocket it's market-impact and finally resolve the somehow crazy situation that F1 games were very low at sales when sold separately while overall inerest for sport was rising. We'll see that in near future. I attached few caps of F1 car below, as well as F40 cap from the Dealership. In future updates I'll give the interiours for both cars.

Notice that Ferrari F12007 costs enourmous 2,000,000 credits,
and it has do with something I'll write below. For compare, F40 is "just" 450,000 credits, while F599 (most exppensive car in japanese version of the game) is bargained at 275,000 or something. There will be lots of driving I guess.

Garage can get a hold of up to 146 cars in total.

About Money, Events and Arcade:

You start the game with 35,000 credits.

I had a hard time choosing which car to start with (couln't enter Events without buying the car, so I didn't know have they had changed anything in structure), and finaly I went with Integra Type-R over Focus ST and Golf GTi Series 5. Of course, Events are radically changed - for now, there are 10 of them per venue. As for now, I can't enter at B or A venue (only C), but I'll give you thier content in next updates.

Now, events are listed, and resembles ones seen in Online (pic attached). There are 3 types so far: Race, Time-Trial and Mission, with treir recognizable icons. I'll get on that after I finish writing this update.

Arcade Mode offers 3 types of races: Race, Time-Trial and Drift. Strange thing is that I couldn't change tyre-type on my Integra in Time-Trial mode, which I find somewhat intriguing and have no idea what's the case there.

Also, there was NO PLACE where I could find new "Quick Tune-Up" screen, which is BTW a host of a brand new feature which went totaly unnoticed, although it was in front of our faces - do you notice the "Performance Points" number?

PTS are something we saw before in "Forza" game series for example, and they're some kind of calculation of the overall performance of the car (as says the in-game Manual). Changing the different values can increas/decrease your PSI, making your car competitive to other cars (like Lotus to BMW). My rough guess is that both "Quick Tune Facility" and PSI will become avalable when Online Service starts, and it coould be a real glympse of Private Lobbyes, since I do not see any other reason for that being in the game. Which makes me even more excited.

2 Player races are classic split-screen though, and there are just 2 views-on-the-car available - over the car and classic-bonnet. No inteiours in 2P, but I didn't expect them to be there in any case.

GT5:prologue also supports Dual Shock 3 controller,
and as I have one, I can tell that rumble is present, and in line with feeling known from GT4 game.

This concludes the first update. Enjoy the first ever F1 pictures and other few snaps I've done.
credit to amar212 at http://www.gtplanet.net/

Dante

GauntletFan said:

Oh god.........:lol

DSC05227.jpg

DSC05225.jpg

DSC05226.jpg

DSC05228.jpg

jett

D-Member
IzumiK said:
Wait? They have F1 car license? Or is that like Ferrari agreed license and they don't need the F1 license to put in F1 cars?

Sony has the F1 license, I'm guessing they're letting PD do whatever they want with it.

deepbrown

Sony's advertising wakes up. 30second commercial on Channel 4 at 6pm...prob a few of them. They cost a bit...so they're really pushing this "demo" and the bundle.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
ok thats it, im getting PAL version. Have japanese version already so ill keep that as well.

holy fucking shit.

Does anyone know if pal version has PHOTO mode? I love photo modes in games. especially racegames.

IzumiK

Banned
jett said:
Sony has the F1 license, I'm guessing they're letting PD do whatever they want with it.
I thought they lost it because the whatever douchebag asked for trillions of dollars.

Something like that.

Mmmkay

jett said:
The last we heard about the licence was that Sony's contract expired and they had no interest in renewing, and EA were heavily rumoured to be picking it up. There's no way (based on the old contract / drama) Bernie would let Ferrari give out the designs without it going through him, so it's possible there was a big shakeup or Sony picked the rights back up. Either way, seeing a 2007 Ferrari in GT5P is very very interesting news.

[edit]OK scratch that, apparently Peter Moore confirmed that EA do not hold the F1 video game rights.

http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jspa?threadID=342845&tstart=0
Formula One - This seems to be a popular question, and it seems many of our fans in Europe are interested in our thoughts about the game license. This one is simple. I am personally a huge fan, having grown up worshipping such great drivers as Graham Hill, Jim Clark, Jackie Stewart and James Hunt. The excitement that Lewis Hamilton has brought to the sport, and its vast global appeal, make it an appealing game license, but as of right now it is not available. Maybe in a few years the situation will change, but until then we fully respect the rights held by our partners at Sony.

Top Bottom