• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue The Official Thread of Glorious Cockpit View

Lince

Banned
amar212 said:
Framerate dropping is 100% absent from PAL game when compared to JP release, while tearing issues are so extremly minor - almost non-existant - that they're even not worth mentioning at all.

Since I have both releases and play them on nice screen, I can assure you what I'm talking about is in the know.

really? glad to know!

davygee

Banned
Okay, I can't post a picture of the game, but I tried out the UK Championships today and got a nice free GT branded keyring wheel...see below:

gtwheelmk3.jpg

Sorry about the crap image...my phone is rubbish.

nofi

Truespeed said:
What does doctoring a GT5P F1 2007 image have to do with GT5P?

Be quiet, the pair of you, before I bang your heads together. Surfheart has a point: the Japanese version has a few tears. Don't let it spoil your day, the PAL version is better.

KZObsessed

Has anyone posted this?

GT5P PS3 Bundle pre-orders are now being taken on amazon.co.uk

PS3/GT5 Prologue Bundle + 1 Game + HDMI cable for £305

Don't know if there are any even better deals around but that one caught my eye. My friend is going to get one thanx to that bundle.

FightyF

Banned
AranhaHunter said:
I have a better idea, just let PD develop the F1 games and let SCE Studios Liverpool develop something else.

I see what you mean, but as you mention, PD is just way too busy with their own stuff.

I think it makes a lot of sense to give Liverpool and Evolution Studios (the guys behind WRC) the engine for use with their games.

jett

D-Member
FightyF said:
I see what you mean, but as you mention, PD is just way too busy with their own stuff.

I think it makes a lot of sense to give Liverpool and Evolution Studios (the guys behind WRC) the engine for use with their games.

Er, Evolution is busy making Motorstorm 2 with their own kick-ass engine.

Taku Imasaki (GT's US producer) has been posting on the PSblog. He's confirmed a few things.

On GT5P's online play

SPARDA & ozzyuno,
private races with buddies and in-game chat are all in the works… but will not be ready from day one. Will keep you posted on the progress!

On GT5's release date

erico316, you won’t be seeing GT5 full game for awhile, definitely not this year.

Kittonwy

Banned
FightyF said:

They share a lot of the same tools, but you can't just stick with one engine and use it for every game, different games have different requirements.

Mugen

Banned
bouc_emissaire said:
GT5-compaF2007.jpg

(posted in the wrong thread before, sorry)

I don't know where you're trying to go with that comparison chart. GT5 looks great and all, but no where near the real thing.

davygee

Banned
One small thing to remember in all these negative and positive post is this:

GT5P runs at 1080p, very few games on both 360 and PS3 run at this resolution. And in fact only a few racing games run at this resolution being Ridge Racer 7 and Wipeout HD along with GT5P.

When you look at the visuals in GT, not only is it the best looking racing game on the market at the moment, it is all being done in Full HD. So please stop the negativity regarding Forza and Project Gotham and comparisons. When games like these can display similar visuals in a resolution that is actually Full HD, then we can start talking.

At the moment, GT is way out ahead of anything.

jonnyp

davygee said:

GT5P runs at 1080p, very few games on both 360 and PS3 run at this resolution. And in fact only a few racing games run at this resolution being Ridge Racer 7 and Wipeout HD along with GT5P.

When you look at the visuals in GT, not only is it the best looking racing game on the market at the moment, it is all being done in Full HD. So please stop the negativity regarding Forza and Project Gotham and comparisons. When games like these can display similar visuals in a resolution that is actually Full HD, then we can start talking.

It's 1280*1080p upscaled to 1920*1080p IIRC. So, it's not Full HD natively.

I just pre-ordered GT5P! Yay! Another one to add to the Euro pre-orders! :)

mr_nothin

Banned
jonnyp said:
It's 1280*1080p upscaled to 1920*1080p IIRC. So, it's not Full HD natively.

I just pre-ordered GT5P! Yay! Another one to add to the Euro pre-orders! :)
Yea...and PGR wasent 720p
*eye roll*

It may be 1280x1080 upscaled
But STILL 400,000 more pixels.
DONT TRY TO DISCREDIT GT5!

:D

mrklaw

MrArseFace
already have the JPN version but tempted to get the PAL version. GAME are offering it for £2.99 I think if you trade in Ratchet, which I might do as I don't really play it.

shifty100

Banned
Surfheart said:
Oh come on guys, lighten up! (should have put a tongue in cheek smiley after that pic obviously)

I love GT5 as much as the next person, but I have to say that I'm dissapointed in the framerate and tearing issues.

Sooo touchy in here, wow.

You sir, you are a dick!!

2j14eom.jpg

goodps3news858-1.gif

Type_Raver

Game looks amazing, cant wait to get it! All thats missing graphically (and hopefully GT5 will have it) that i can think of is skid marks and the heat haze effect.

jonnyp

mr_nothin said:
Yea...and PGR wasent 720p
*eye roll*

It may be 1280x1080 upscaled
But STILL 400,000 more pixels.
DONT TRY TO DISCREDIT GT5!

:D

Uh ok. I was just pointing out a factual error on his part. That's not discredting anything about the game.

davygee

Banned
jonnyp said:
Uh ok. I was just pointing out a factual error on his part. That's not discredting anything about the game.

There's no factual error at all.

1080p refers to 1080 lines of progressive scan vertically, so even if it's 100x1080p, then it's still 1080p...okay it may not equate to the proper 1920x1080p resolution associated with HD, but it's still 1080p.

Saiyu

davygee said:
Okay, I can't post a picture of the game, but I tried out the UK Championships today and got a nice free GT branded keyring wheel...see below:

gtwheelmk3.jpg

Sorry about the crap image...my phone is rubbish.

Ooh I want one. Happen to remember the car you had to use - might put some practise in later on the JP version :D

Ranger X

davygee said:

You also forgot another amazing detail. Not only it is the best looking game and in 1080p, it's also running at 60fps.
ANOTHER game that kills the annoying lazy dev comment (now classic) "meh, 30fps more effects make my game look better".

jonnyp

davygee said:
There's no factual error at all.

1080p refers to 1080 lines of progressive scan vertically, so even if it's 100x1080p, then it's still 1080p...okay it may not equate to the proper 1920x1080p resolution associated with HD, but it's still 1080p.

Yes, I do know what 1080p itself means, but you also used the phrase "Full HD". Full HD in the context of TVs and videogames means 1920*1080, not 1280*1080. So, yes, you were factually wrong. :p

Ranger X said:
You also forgot another amazing detail. Not only it is the best looking game and in 1080p, it's also running at 60fps.
ANOTHER game that kills the annoying lazy dev comment (now classic) "meh, 30fps more effects make my game look better".

The fact that nearly 100% of screenshots posted here are from the 30fps replay mode says it all.

People want games to have the benefits 30fps provides, especially GAFers, who spend more time looking at still screenshots than playing games.

SolidSnakex said:
No we don't.

Maybe *you* don't, but you don't represent the gamesplaying public, the majority of whom can't appreciate the difference between framerates, but do appreciate higher poly models, more effects and a twofold increase in just about everything on-screen. If the public actually cared about 60fps, we'd have more than 1-2% of titles on the market running at that framerate.

GauntletFan said:
Maybe *you* don't, but you don't represent the gamesplaying public, the majority of whom can't appreciate the difference between framerates, but do appreciate higher poly models, more effects and a twofold increase in just about everything on-screen.

If you want to see some bitching like you've never seen before, tell people that a new Gran Turismo is suddenly going to run at 30fps. People would go apeshit. And rightfully so.

SolidSnakex said:
If you want to see some bitching like you've never seen before, tell people that a new Gran Turismo is suddenly going to run at 30fps. People would go apeshit. And rightfully so.

Correction: If I want to see some bitching by 'hardcore gamers' on a enthusiast message board then sure, the news that a GT title was running at 30fps might make for some angry posting, humorous gifs and whatnot, but in the real world, amongst the people who buy these titles in the millions, it wouldn't make one iota of difference. (and, I might add, rightfully so)

Well thankfully Polyphony those hardcore gamers, since Kaz says that GT games have to run at 60fps. Just because other developers want to bullshit this generation when it comes to their racing games doesn't Polyphony should start doing it also. They've made what's widely considered the best looking racing games so far this gen, and it runs at 60fps. So they must be doing something right.

h3ro

Wax Free Vanilla said:

Considering that pretty much all the changes in the car are down to the continuous development of an F1 car (teams change wings and parts on nearly a race to race basis)... that accuracy is astonishing!

April can't come quick enough... I hate you Europe.

elseanio

FFObsessed said:
Has anyone posted this?

GT5P PS3 Bundle pre-orders are now being taken on amazon.co.uk

PS3/GT5 Prologue Bundle + 1 Game + HDMI cable for £305

Don't know if there are any even better deals around but that one caught my eye. My friend is going to get one thanx to that bundle.

Seen this bundle being advertised on the telly today. They showed some GT5:p footage, then advertised the bundle at the end. Quoted a price of £299

Steroyd

h3ro said:
Considering that pretty much all the changes in the car are down to the continuous development of an F1 car (teams change wings and parts on nearly a race to race basis)... that accuracy is astonishing!

April can't come quick enough... I hate you Europe.

Yeah well... you get Hotshots Golf earlier, I hate you America.

We get Everybody's Golf, GT5P and God of War: Chains of Olympus ON THE SAME DAY! :p

Epix

f1lawl.jpg

Described by SCEA Producer Taku Imasaki as "Gran Turismo 5 Prologue's 'God Mode'," the Ferrari F2007 has been confirmed as a car that made the cut for inclusion in the soon-to-be-released Prologue. Imasaki clarified some of the details surrounding the machine on the official PlayStation Blog.

The F1 dynamo, which was created with the cooperation of Ferrari to the point where the actual "Ferrari red" color has been licensed, is a perfect recreation of the Scuderia Ferrari F2007. The beast sports a 2.4 liter 90-degree V8 engine, as well as the "amazing physics of a F1 vehicle." The car will be available for 2 million in-game credits at "all Gran Turismo Ferrari dealerships."

With all the recent news about Gran Turismo and the relative lack of big PS3 software at the moment, I'm finding it harder and harder to resist the whiles of Polyphony Digital's latest offerings. If only my S2000 LM Race Car was included in Prologue.

Top Bottom