• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue The Official Thread of Glorious Cockpit View

avaya

Epix said:
f1lawl.jpg

I'll tell you this, if this was made with close collaboration with Ferrari and with the budget GT5 has, this has the potential to be the best simulation of the F1 driving model in any game outside of the actual simulators the teams run.

avaya said:
I'll tell you this, if this was made with close collaboration with Ferrari and with the budget GT5 has, this has the potential to be the best simulation of the F1 driving model in any game outside of the actual simulators the teams run.

I've been saying that if Sony has the F1 license still, then Polyphony should just integrate a full F1 mode into GT5. Do the same with the WRC license if they still have it. I mean they already have rally modes as well as F1 cars, so might as well take that next step. It'd be the best for both of those licenses I think. They're basically ignored outside of Europe, this would be a way for them to get a lot of attention elsewhere.

bud

will all of last year's f1 cars will be in gt5 or, are is the ferrari going to be the only one? i haven't really kept up with this thread, so forgive if my question's already answered. thanks.

avaya

bud said:
will all of last year's f1 cars will be in gt5 or, are is the ferrari going to be the only one? i haven't really kept up with this thread, so forgive if my question's already answered. thanks.

Like the F1 cars in GT3 and GT4 polyphony will have more than 1 model. The Ferrari is officially licensed though, the others will be called something else other than their official names but there is a good chance they can pull of similar deals with BMW, Honda, Toyota, Renault and Mercedes for their cars to be in there officially.

AndyD

aka andydumi
avaya said:
Like the F1 cars in GT3 and GT4 polyphony will have more than 1 model. The Ferrari is officially licensed though, the others will be called something else other than their official names but there is a good chance they can pull of similar deals with BMW, Honda, Toyota, Renault and Mercedes for their cars to be in there officially.

Exactly, if they pull off just 3-4 deals, it will be enough to field a recognizable race. The "bottom" 4-5 teams change names/owners/sponsors just about every year anyway.

Goldrusher

bud said:

Prologue only has the Ferrari F2007, but Polyphony mentioned they want every single Ferrari ever made in the full game...including their F1 cars.
As for other teams, nobody knows.

However, previous Gran Turismo games had cars by McLaren, Mercedes, BMW, Renault, Red Bull, Toyota and Honda.
So that includes all the teams, except Force India and Williams.

JeStaH said:
Holy moly that looks awesome. When is prologue coming out in the US? I may change my stance on waiting to buy a PS3 until I get a new flat panel TV.

Can people confirm tht GT5P will work on a 1080i only set?

April 17th. I do believe it supports 480p, 720p, 1080i and 1080p.

JeStaH

Sweet!!!!

This and Wipeout HD are putting me over the top... I'll just get a component switcher so I can switch between my 360 and PS3 for 1080i.

Saiyu

SolidSnakex said:
I've been saying that if Sony has the F1 license still, then Polyphony should just integrate a full F1 mode into GT5. Do the same with the WRC license if they still have it. I mean they already have rally modes as well as F1 cars, so might as well take that next step. It'd be the best for both of those licenses I think. They're basically ignored outside of Europe, this would be a way for them to get a lot of attention elsewhere.

I wish Warthog Games (Richard Burns Rally) would get the chance to make a WRC game, although the chances are probably slim to none.

h3ro

avaya said:
They got the shitty V8 sound correct as well! Looks like the 658 will be lots of fun around Suzuka.

Imagine if Kaz got to go nuts and got the license to those old V12 Ferraris and Turbo-4 Renaults...

That vid was awesome.. can't wait for April!

Onix said:
Look and sounds amazing ... but I really hope they put in the option to do shaky-head.

I doubt it'll be in Prologue. That seems like something that'll come with GT5. I'm sure the car magazines that typically interview Kaz will ask him about. For whatever reason game interviewers don't ask questions like that.

avaya

h3ro said:
Imagine if Kaz got to go nuts and got the license to those old V12 Ferraris and Turbo-4 Renaults...

That vid was awesome.. can't wait for April!

They should have the V12s, it was part of the Ferrari deal....

I want V10 opera though.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I'm happy all these devs are doing the in car stuff now. I've been waiting for GT cockpits forever, and that vid just proves why they are so awesome.

Top Bottom