• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue The Official Thread of Glorious Cockpit View

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Melfice7 said:
There's something that bothers me, why the wheel on every car only turn halfway?

Because you only need to turn it halfway? There's vids that show some pretty cool hand over hand animation, but those are usually during spinouts and stuff. Normal driving you very rarely see that.

Evolved1

navanman said:
Fuck me that some lap in the F40. He didn't put a finger wrong and only just won the race.

He's got to be using a racing wheel. I've seen some pretty good drivers with the sticks... but I don't know dude.

Melfice7

recklessmind said:
Because you only need to turn it halfway? There's vids that show some pretty cool hand over hand animation, but those are usually during spinouts and stuff. Normal driving you very rarely see that.

Yeah i know but it seem like its locked, if you try just to turn around at very slow speed it just locks there :\

Variable

This game looks great, but the tire squealing really bothers me. Is that what a real super car sounds like when it takes a corner at high speeds?

Melfice7 said:
Yeah i know but it seem like its locked, if you try just to turn around at very slow speed it just locks there :\

Probably cause the analog sticks only go half way, they would need a new animation set for the wheel. Otherwise, when you hold the analogue stick to the left, the wheel would continue to turn and when you turn back the driver would have to rotate the wheel 360 degrees (potentially) to get it back to straight line. Thats my take on it

so_awes

Banned
Variable said:
This game looks great, but the tire squealing really bothers me. Is that what a real super car sounds like when it takes a corner at high speeds?

no, but it's a signature Gran Turismo sound.

it wouldn't be GT w/o that sound. :lol

Evolved1

h3ro said:
Dude, he was all over the place. Missed the line quite a bit :p

Seemed like that was just so he could overtake... he only had one lap to do it.

Variable

so_awes said:
no, but it's a signature Gran Turismo sound.

it wouldn't be GT w/o that sound. :lol

I was fine with it in GT 3 but I was hoping they could have updated it for this release. I hope they change it in the final build.

Dibbz

The F2007 and F40 vids are amazing. :lol at people that thing Grid even comes close to this.

It sucks to hear that some races cannot be completed on pro physics. Can someone answer to why that is? Why would PD put in races that are impossible?

I've been playing the JP demo and I seriously wouldn't want to go back to the arcade physics.

so_awes

Banned
Variable said:
I was fine with it in GT 3 but I was hoping they could have updated it for this release. I hope they change it in the final build.

i don't remember it being any diffferent in GT3. it screeched since GT1 till GT5:p

Dibbz said:
It sucks to hear that some races cannot be completed on pro physics. Can someone answer to why that is? Why would PD put in races that are impossible?

According to amar they can be completed now but you've got to find the right QTS for your car.

DJ GT-S

Banned
DOOT DOOTDOOT DOOT DOOT DOOT DOOT DOOT DOOT DOOOOT

Detail.jpg

DAYTONAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

J-Rzez

Variable said:

Squealing sounds different based on every tire. Compounds, tread design, tire footprint, varying speeds may sound similar, but they are infact different. I thought for sure they'd work on that sound more though now. Perhaps the full version? :(

Dibbz

SolidSnakex said:
According to amar they can be completed now but you've got to find the right QTS for your car.
Good to hear, but didn't he just say he had to do the F40, 1 lap race, on arcade?

Dibbz said:
Good to hear, but didn't he just say he had to do the F40, 1 lap race, on arcade?

He said he had to do it on the old physics. I guess things might've changed since he talked about the QTS helping or he just hasn't found the setting for the F40 that'll allow him to beat it in pro physics. You could tell he was using old physics though because he would've be screwed on pro physics with the way he was dipping his tires onto grass in certain areas.

traveler

Not Wario
jett said:
Why bother posting about it?

To get GAF to work its magic and convince him to get it anyway

Edit: Does this game support the Driving Force Pro? I thought I had the GT but I just checked and looks like I was mistaken.

Raistlin

SolidSnakex said:
I doubt it'll be in Prologue. That seems like something that'll come with GT5. I'm sure the car magazines that typically interview Kaz will ask him about. For whatever reason game interviewers don't ask questions like that.

I'm fine without it in GT5P ... it just better be there for GT5 :p

Raistlin

One thing that I REALLY want from GT5 is the following options in-game:

* 1080p / 720p (w/ extra AA)

* 60fps / 30fps (w/ extra post-processing, including motion blur).

MAKE IT HAPPEN POLYPHONY!!!

Pimpwerx

SolidSnakex said:
Nice. That's a lap of the gods right there. :D Like a dry Donnington 93. I wonder what tires he has.

Anyway, I'm glad TT is limited to S2 tires. Not only does it put everyone on the same page, but it puts us all on simulation rubber. Ideal. I am gonna need a wheel before GT5. After watching that video, I know I'm gonna get owned hard by wheel-users. PEACE.

I think some of the top players still use controllers. It just takes you being really precise with the analog sticks to compete with the wheel players. The only sketchy course for players using controllers is Daytona.

Grayman

Pimpwerx said:
Nice. That's a lap of the gods right there. :D Like a dry Donnington 93. I wonder what tires he has.

Anyway, I'm glad TT is limited to S2 tires. Not only does it put everyone on the same page, but it puts us all on simulation rubber. Ideal. I am gonna need a wheel before GT5. After watching that video, I know I'm gonna get owned hard by wheel-users. PEACE.
In GT4 and later S doesn't stand for simulation. S is sports. I've read that S3 is about equivalent to race tires irl.

In Gt4 the most accurate tires are a mix of N1,2,3 for road cars(for example in an M3 the N2s pull the right G forces while turning but the N3s give more accurate acceleration and braking in a straight line) and S3 for racing cars.

GuessWho

f40 video was fuckn sweet, but did anyone notice that when he switches gears it looks slightly delayed with the drivers right arm. The timing didn't look right.

SamBishop

Banned
1828MB? This shit is going to take forever to download -- especially since Sony sent over the download vouchers on Store update day. Ah well, in like two hours, my three day race weekend begins.

Ahriman

GuessWho said:
f40 video was fuckn sweet, but did anyone notice that when he switches gears it looks slightly delayed with the drivers right arm. The timing didn't look right.

That's always the case though. Do you expect the game to magically predict when you want to switch gears and play the animation in advance? All games that animate gear changes have this problem, e.g. GTR2 and GPL. Other games, e.g. LFS, don't have this animation at all to avoid the annoying timing mismatch.

Niks

Japanese Intro is on the US Playstation store for download.

Question.
US Prologue release date is the same date as the supposed revamp to the PS store??

McLovin

chubigans said:
IGN has the worst capture software EVER.

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/859/859742/gran-turismo-5-prologue-20080314030328652.jpg[IMG]

ewwwwwww.[/QUOTE]

wtfisthisshit.gif
what did they do use a camera phone while playing the game on an sd tv?

Grayman

those are the worst screens ever taken. I was just playing HD concept and it smokes those.

the videos aren't too good in the "hd" flash player either. captured over composite?

Top Bottom