• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue The Official Thread of Glorious Cockpit View

Yoboman said:
What the Hell
What the hell indeed.

Every car in GT HD had jaggy white edges all over the body, just like like those Ferrari screens. That was from 2006, Prologue is a year later and they still haven't fixed it. What have Polyphony been doing other then modelling cars to destroy with their graphical deficiencies?

@ nib, no I'm not.

I can't believe the praise you people on here give Polyphony for their graphical prowess based on car models. What's the point of all that hard work if the end product's beauty is destroyed with the problems I mentioned above. They're a dreadful developer if they don't fix it for the full GT5 release next year.

4 days :D

Wax Free Vanilla said:
What the hell indeed.

Every car in GT HD had jaggy white edges all over the body, just like like those Ferrari screens. That was from 2006, Prologue is a year later and they still haven't fixed it. What have Polyphony been doing other then modelling cars to destroy with their graphical deficiencies?

@ nib, no I'm not.

I can't believe the praise you people on here give Polyphony for their graphical prowess based on car models. What's the point of all that hard work if the end product's beauty is destroyed with the problems I mentioned above. They're a dreadful developer if they don't fix it for the full GT5 release next year.

facepalm.gif

CAVE343

Firewire said:
Well its realistic in a sense to the car. Of course a Ford Focus will not give you the sense of speed like an F1 car. GT pretty well has a stepping system with more cars becoming available to you as you play, they generally are faster and the sense of speed increases.

Ok thanks, will probably buy :)

k79

Banned
Wax Free Vanilla said:
What the hell indeed.

@ nib, no I'm not.

6dts0m.jpg

avaya

Can't believe I didn't see this before but the two corners prior to the tunnel at the High Speed Ring are a copy of Fagnes from Spa :lol

The entry speed is pretty much identical too.

skybaby

Lince said:
Spanish Review

- Sliding/skids sound effects
I hope these change for the final GT5...
edit: anyone think the collisions are bit weird (I'm judging from videos btw)? Is that because of the pro/arcade settings?

k79 said:

How original.

The is the problem I'm talking about:
e393d264e5.jpg

ee47f2f727.jpg

674e4cb81c.jpg

That shit destroys the beauty of the car - it makes watching the replays unwatchable and playing with an external view a non-start.

Polyphony are not up to next gen standard, maybe they should have cracked on with the PSP version whilst Sony Cambridge developed them some solutions?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wax Free Vanilla said:
Polyphony are not up to next gen standard
Ignored. Thrice.

Wax Free Vanilla said:
How original.

http://www.pxhosting.info/uploads/e393d264e5.jpg
http://www.pxhosting.info/uploads/ee47f2f727.jpg
http://www.pxhosting.info/uploads/674e4cb81c.jpg

That shit destroys the beauty of the car - it makes watching the replays unwatchable and playing with an external view a non-start.

Polyphony are not up to next gen standard, maybe they should have cracked on with the PSP version whilst Sony Cambridge developed them some solutions?

So basically you have the same problem as TTP. Fix your god damned TV. It's there, but it's no where NEAR that bad on my TV.

Also, why GTHD? Why not GT5P?

*edit*
Also, who the fuck plays GT an external view? This ain't PGR for crying out loud.

f@luS

More than a member.
Wax Free Vanilla said:
How original.

stupied gaf ever? lol @ the polyphony not next gen. Jeez.
GTHD never looked like that btw. Get lost

Metalmurphy said:
So basically you have the same problem as TTP. Fix your god damned TV. It's there, but it's no where NEAR that bad on my TV.

Also, why GTHD? Why not GT5P?

My TV is a 42" Sony Bravia. The PS3 doesn't work with Sony TVs properly?

I don't own GT:p (will on friday :D ) or the demo, but you can still see the problems in my GTHD shots in the Ferrari shots. I'm just disappointed with Polyphony's output so far this gen based on GT HD, videos of Pro and other PS3 racers.

Wax Free Vanilla said:
How original.

e393d264e5.jpg

ee47f2f727.jpg

674e4cb81c.jpg

It looks to me like you might have the sharpness setting on your TV too high. I see a bit of a halo around the car. This wouldn't create the problem you're seeing, but it would make it much worse.

Wax Free Vanilla said:

I don't own GT:p (will on friday :D ) or the demo, but you can still see the problems in my GTHD shots in the Ferrari shots. I'm just disappointed with Polyphony's output so far this gen based on GT HD, videos of Pro and other PS3 racers.
It works fine, your just not configuring it properly.

And there's a GT5P Demo...

6ivdqd.jpg

Not to mention it's hardly noticeable in motion and it's better on Prologue.

Firewire

Banned
Wax Free Vanilla said:

Wait you're talking about GTHD a free teaser pleaser? OMG!

J-Rzez

Wax Free Vanilla said:

G. T. F. O.

Not up to next gen standard? You have a slight bit of shimmering depending on your TV apparently (my hdtv doesn't show that as much as those pics do) and you're saying their subpar? It's by far and aways the most incredible looking game to hit consoles so far this gen, and people actually have a tuff time telling the difference between reality and this game.

F1CE is a great looking game, but even it can't compete with this game, and if anything, Cambridge is probably knocking on Polyphony's door for some pointers.

Wait you're talking about GTHD a free teaser pleaser? OMG!

:lol

Apex said:

Horrid. Polyphony am teh suk. Wax Free justified!
lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Apex... those pics are fucking amazing. Holy sweet God.

k79

Banned
Wax Free Vanilla said:
How original.

*images*

How appropriate, if you ask me.

You come in here spewing garbage about PD, calling us a bunch of PD sheep, while the problem is on your end.

Really ... GTFO already!

edit: Holy Crap Apex! That's just fucking insane :/

And nice way to shut that troll up :lol

About that French interview posted earlier, according to someone on GTP it mentions that the BMW 135 tii Concept is exclusive to GT5P and GT5. And as mentioned earlier, Citroen are making a car exclusive to GT5.

Anybody else suspect that in GT6 or whatever is on the PS4 PD may actually use the same models? I see almost no reason to pump more polygons into the cars at this point, as spending polygons elsewhere as well as saving cycles for the lighting engine would do much more for a next gen racer than improving those models I think. They really seem to be pretty much perfect.

avaya

WHOAguitarninja said:
Anybody else suspect that in GT6 or whatever is on the PS4 PD may actually use the same models? I see almost no reason to pump more polygons into the cars at this point, as spending polygons elsewhere as well as saving cycles for the lighting engine would do much more for a next gen racer than improving those models I think. They really seem to be pretty much perfect.

They'll have improvements to the insides and also some of the polygonal egdes will be removed on the chassis of all cars. Kaz won't let it go, till it's perfect curves it's not good enough but I'd guess they are really close to a plateau now.

Yoshichan

WHOAguitarninja said:
Kaz's a God, he'll find something to the car that's going to be improved.

Yoshichan

Rapping Granny said:
the screeching sound that's been since GT3.
That'll be fixed for GT5.

Right?

RIGHT?

iceatcs

avaya said:
They'll have improvements to the insides and also some of the polygonal egdes will be removed on the chassis of all cars. Kaz won't let it go, till it's perfect curves it's not good enough but I'd guess they are really close to a plateau now.

They will restart some of cars again because of new year model.

DJ GT-S

Banned
WHOAguitarninja said:

Well, looking at the graphics now, for a sequel I'd simply want to see more cars onscreen and a more dynamic environment, like dust/gravel/grass/bits of rubber kicking up in a realistic manner and staying on track, same for bits of cars (imagine losing the nose wing on the F2007, and then a competitor driving over it, slicing a tire, etc), Weather/time of day variation (if possible, using real-world time & weather looked up via an online server for the real-world circuits) and other stuff like that to "fill the space".

Yoshichan

so_awes said:
nah. it's a signature sound of the GT series.
I don't know what to say.

iceatcs said:
They will restart some of cars again because of new year model.

They'd obviously have to create new models for any cars that weren't in GT5, but the current models are enough that all they'd need to do is do what avaya said and round out any edges and add more detail to the interiors. They're basically at the point now where there's not a whole lot more than can do with the outside appearance of the cars.

Raistlin

Wax Free Vanilla said:

I'm surprised you aren't banned for this.

Raistlin

Wax Free Vanilla said:

You're sharpness is likely too high.

That said, LCD's inherently exaggerate aliasing and other artifacts due to its low pixel-fillrate. Its a fundemental 'flaw' of current LCD tech (though some people subjectly like the perceived extra sharpness, especially in movies).

SolidSnakex said:
They'd obviously have to create new models for any cars that weren't in GT5, but the current models are enough that all they'd need to do is do what avaya said and round out any edges and add more detail to the interiors. They're basically at the point now where there's not a whole lot more than can do with the outside appearance of the cars.

I guess I should've focused on why such a situation would be nice. It would mean they wouldn't have to remake the cars they've already make, and could spend all their time creating new cars. It would allow the next games to have dramatically more cars, I would think, then the previous games since they wouldn't be burdened by re-inventing the wheel(s...heh).

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Thrakier said:
Turn the sharpness down, WTF! This game doesn't need additional sharpness so turn it to ZERO.

Zero? I have it on 50, standard setting is 75 on my samsung 40", when i turn it to zero everything is a blurry mess. so i think its different for everyone. But GT5 looks amazing on my tv so im not complaining. i almost dont have those jaggy's AT ALL :)

Raist

Banned
Tiduz said:
Zero? I have it on 50, standard setting is 75 on my samsung 40", when i turn it to zero everything is a blurry mess. so i think its different for everyone. But GT5 looks amazing on my tv so im not complaining. i almost dont have those jaggy's AT ALL :)

Depends, some TVs use a 0-10 scale. For those, sharpness should be set on 0-1 for games. If you push it further it's an aliasing and shimmering fiesta.

Ranger X

Seiken said:
That'll be fixed for GT5.

Right?

RIGHT?

The sound is much improved already in Prologue compared to GT4. I wouldn't bet on other improvements regarding sounds with GT5 but it's already very good in prologue.

Onix said:
You're sharpness is likely too high.

That said, LCD's inherently exaggerate aliasing and other artifacts due to its low pixel-fillrate. Its a fundemental 'flaw' of current LCD tech (though some people subjectly like the perceived extra sharpness, especially in movies).
I've a top of the range 47' Sharp Plasma and with the sharpness at the lowest setting, it looks closer to Wax Free Vanilla's shots than Apex's. It's kind of irritating seeing such clean pics, when I get some horrible fizzing on my 'what I thought was good' TV.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Wax Free Vanilla said:

For what it's worth, I agree with you (at least based on the GT5P demo). I use a 22" Samsung monitor which makes every other game look perfectly fine but the GTs on PS3 just look terrible. I have no idea how those off-screen shots posted above (edit: on the last page) were achieved, I just know the game looks distractingly ugly

Thrakier

Tiduz said:

It depends on the tv and the source. I have a Samsung LCD too (in europe it'S 40m86, 1080p) and it's standard sharpness for movies is at 30 (from 100) but this TV doesn't blur the picture, that means, 0 is the sharpenss of the source and everything above 0 is sharpness added by the TV. So for Wii-Games or non HD-material it may be ok to add some sharpness. But for HD-content in general I don't like it. And if you always watched with sharpness at 50 I think it's natural that 0 looks blurry to you, even if it's not blurry at all.

Top Bottom