• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue The Official Thread of Glorious Cockpit View

B.K.

I've rented the game and played a few races, but I can't find the option to tune the car. How do I tune it? It's not in the menu and I don't see an option to buy parts in shops.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
B.K. said:
I've rented the game and played a few races, but I can't find the option to tune the car. How do I tune it? It's not in the menu and I don't see an option to buy parts in shops.

You have complete class A, B, and C.

Niks

Melfice7 said:
List of new events:

Beginners:
Golf V GTI HSR
Cappuccino Tuned Eiger
Mini Cooper S Suzuka
Clio HSR
Elise 111r Daytone Rd
NSX Suzuka
Evo X Fuji
Ferrari (no model listed) HSR Rev
Amuse S2000 Suzuka
Corvette Z06 Tuned Daytone Speedway
GTR Fuji Speedway F

Intermediate:
PP700:
HSR
HSR Rev
Daytona Speedway
Daytona Road
Suzuka

Expert:
PP500:
HSR
Daytona Rd
Suzuka standing start

PP600
Suzuka standing start
HSR
Fuji Spedway F

PP750
HSR
Daytona Speedway
Suzuka standing start
F2007 HSR Rev
F2007 Fuji

Time Trials: (All Pro)
RX7 Eiger
Evo X Eiger
F40 Eiger
GT-R Eiger
Corvette Z06 Tuned Eiger
Amuse S2000 Eiger
F2007 Eiger

No single car make events on Expert? Shame, maybe next time.
Ill be racing on PP600 - Fuji Spedway F
:D

The free original program “'08 Nürburgring 24h Introduction” is now available for viewing within Gran Turismo TV of Gran Turismo 5 Prologue.

The Nurburgring 24H main event starts on May 24th. At Germany’s Nürburgring, famous for its difficult course placing both man and machine to the test, 280 unique cars, approximately 1000 drivers, and over 200 thousand spectators will gather for this massive event. Gran Turismo will be supporting this “greatest grass roots race in the world” again this year.

This “'08 Nürburgring 24h Introduction” program will introduce the highlights of the Nürburgring 24hour race, with footage from last years race in 2007. We hope you’ll download and enjoy the program.

Also in Gran Turismo TV, we will be releasing a special race digest program covering the 2008 race this summer. Please stay tuned!

http://www.gran-turismo.com/en/gt5p/news/d2205.html

they need to release the track in an update:

64091347f2.jpg

give it to me, polyphony.

ChryZ

Wax Free Vanilla said:
it better.

i'm getting pretty tired of the current circuits in prologue, the ring would give it a needy refresher.
DUDE, it's not just another track ... it's like 10 tracks rolled into one roller coaster ride!

Doc Evils

Finished the game 100% yesterday all gold & 71 cars including the F1 afters hours of grinding. I await for the next update for Prologue and the final game.:D

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I started playing the game recently (got it for free with my PS3). I'm wondering, do you guys think there will be obstacle courses/test driving maps? I think it would be cool if you had an actual opened area to test your skills in, just trying stuff, and also different challenges/cones layout etc.

EDIT: I'd really like a bit of head wobbling too in the cockpit view, it would add so much, and it could easily be made optional. The view should even slighting turn left or right depending on the curve ahead IMO.

The Ring? Again? Jesus, can developers please stop using The Ring and Suzuka over and over again. I've already driven a billion laps around them in countless games prior. Give us the Isle Of Man, Clermont-Ferrand or Zandvoort, something fresh! Sugo is great too. And why on earth haven't we seen Spa in the GT/Forza series yet? It's criminal.

gran turismo 5 track lsit so far:

- shanghai
- estoril
- jerez
- spa francochamps
- zolder
- hockenheim
- nurburgring
- le mans
- magny-cours
- monte carlo
- monza
- imola
- brands hatch
- silverstone
- london
- test track
- laguna seca
- infineon raceway
- daytona
- fuji
- motegi
- suzuka
- tsukuba

then you've got your fictional circuits like the swiss mountain circuit in prologue, high speed ring etc. it's looking good, but i'd like to see the isle of man too - that course is an epic monster. what's polyphony's email address? :lol

avaya

marvelharvey said:
The Ring? Again? Jesus, can developers please stop using The Ring and Suzuka over and over again. I've already driven a billion laps around them in countless games prior. Give us the Isle Of Man, Clermont-Ferrand or Zandvoort, something fresh! Sugo is great too. And why on earth haven't we seen Spa in the GT/Forza series yet? It's criminal.

Even though I adore Suzuka, I agree. Spa especially is a shocking omission.

Jeseus

Message to Yamauchi/SONY:

I love GT series. I have all GTs from GT1 to GT5P but please stop using GT4 assets!!!!!

Examples:

085oc5.jpg

IMG0013.jpg

084cb2.jpg

IMG0018.jpg

IMG0015.jpg

087ks7.jpg

IMG0019.jpg

When i saw these new screens from GT5P i started crying. I dont want only High-poly cars, I dont want GT 4,5. I want high-poly assets too, not so high how cars, but better.Yamauchi/SONY do something now!!!!! (sorry for EN)

marvelharvey said:

Well in 2006 when GT Online was being beta tested the exit survey asked what tracks you'd like to see in the next installment and I put: Daytona road course, Top Gear test track, and Spa. I'm confident Polyphony will come through on the last one :D

tha_con

Banned
Pretty sure they are only using those assets as place holders in order to test the track, etc.

Honestly, I could give a fuck if they look like that, if they add really good damage, or at least decent damage.

Pretty much every track in GTP is fap worthy but this track is going to be something to look out for. I hope it holds up like the other tracks. Ofcourse, its not out yet, these screens dont mean too much so im not worried or anything.

tha_con said:
Pretty sure they are only using those assets as place holders in order to test the track, etc.

Shh with the common sense. Just to give an example of what you're talking about. Here's a comparison between the High Speed Ring in GT4 and the High Speed Ring in Prologue

561066_20040924_screen265.jpg

942026_20080312_screen011.jpg

2mxfuxx.jpg

942026_20080312_screen002.jpg

Vish

Banned
Wax Free Vanilla said:
gran turismo 5 track lsit so far:
Then you've got your fictional circuits like the swiss mountain circuit in prologue, high speed ring etc. it's looking good, but i'd like to see the isle of man too - that course is an epic monster. what's polyphony's email address? :lol

Hopefully El Captain will be there :).

I also want Amalfi, Citta di Aria, Seoul, Tokyo R246, Sarthe, George V and Grand Valley Speedway.

Cant wait to drive that Tommy Kaira ZZII.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Is it me or the showroom really sucks? I want to move the camera myself.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
marvelharvey said:
Isn't Sugo in Ferrari F355 Challenge?

I'd like to see the Tail of the Dragon in a sim racer one of these days. It would make a killer rally stage in a Gran Turismo game... :D

ThirdEye said:
lol GT4 was so ahead of time

It still does a good job of giving the illusion that the cars are as detailed as some of the best we've seen this generation. You can't really tell the detail they lack until you see them upclose.

jett said:
You laugh because that tardbucket said it, but if you look closer the GT4 pictures actually seem to have more detail than the GT5 off-screen pics. :p

I was laughing because the only time he seems to pop up in a GT5P thread is when someone posts something negative about it and he's agreeing with it or when he's posting something negative about it. The track seems to have higher res textures and that's about it. As tha_con pointed out, it seems very much like placeholder pieces until they do remodel it. But since they were sponsdering the 24H Nurburgring this year they put this in there.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
SolidSnakex said:
It still does a good job of giving the illusion that the cars are as detailed as some of the best we've seen this generation. You can't really tell the detail they lack until you see them upclose.

Which goes to show how shaders and lighting go a long way in making a game look really damn nice in this gen.

mittelos

This is my first experience with a GT game, and it's the first racing game- be it arcade or sim- that has grabbed me by the balls and refuse to let go. It's gorgeous, and the cockpit view and just the way the cars seem to handle, really make me feel like I'm driving a real car. If this is a prolouge, I can't imagine how awesome the full game is going to be.

Top Bottom