• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue The Official Thread of Glorious Cockpit View

skybaby

I googled around some more and found out a couple posts with people running this wheel. I think the main downside is that the shifter doesn't work, but that's ok.

Thanks for the replies everyone, I'll be getting the game later this week, my first GT since GT2 :lol

spwolf

Dibbz said:
One down side to the PS Store version is you have to be signed into PSN to play it I think.

well you would think someone downloading game thats several gb, would have always on internet connection. I have played GT5P and this never proved to be the problem, in fact I didnt know about until I read it here :).

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I just traded my COD4 and GTAIV for a brand new GT5: Prologue. :D
Best. Deal. Ever.

Fersis said:
Best. Deal. Ever.

I never knew I could get so sucked into earning credits and getting all cars... its addictive! Do you have a wheel? If possible, try and get one... makes it even better!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
iamcool388 said:
I never knew I could get so sucked into earning credits and getting all cars... its addictive! Do you have a wheel? If possible, try and get one... makes it even better!
Its installing right now, after that i have to update it.
I bought it for my dad tough, he loves Gran Turismo.

Fersis said:
Best. Deal. Ever.
That doesn't sound like a particularly good deal (at least monetarily)... you can pick GT5:p up for next to nothing now.

Fersis

Psychotext said:
That doesn't sound like a particularly good deal (at least monetarily)... you can pick GT5:p up for next to nothing now.
I dont live on the US, imported games cost me like 90 dollars.
And i havent played GTAIV or COD4 in like 6 months.

WUT? The game cant update :/

EDIT:Ok the game/demo has the best menu ever. So polished and the music is so calm.
Oh and right out of the box the game is Spec II ???

EDIT2:It says its downloading the update but the progress bar doesnt move :/

Grayman

Fersis said:

EDIT:Ok the game/demo has the best menu ever. So polished and the music is so calm.

it is a fairly slow update/big bar.

Fersis said:

Yeah the updates took me a while as well. It also got disconnected multiple times. Once its done though, and you look at the intro video in its glorious 60fps... So nice!

Fersis

iamcool388 said:
Yeah the updates took me a while as well. It also got disconnected multiple times. Once its done though, and you look at the intro video in its glorious 60fps... So nice!
Yeah i got disconnected like 3 times in a row. :(
Its impossible to update isnt?

MGR

Fersis said:

It's the most abysmal 'automatic' game update/patching process I've ever come across.

Just keep trying Fersis. The data you've already downloaded is still there (despite what the progress bar indicates). Just keep re-trying and eventually you'll have the whole update.

Fersis

MGR said:
It's the most abysmal 'automatic' game update/patching process I've ever come across.

Just keep trying Fersis. The data you've already downloaded is still there (despite what the progress bar indicates). Just keep re-trying and eventually you'll have the whole update.
So the progress bar can be at 0,but what ive already downloaded its there?
Some crazy update system isnt?

Zhuk

Banned
Fersis said:

Even though the download fails and the bar restarts every time, it actually saves your progress if you keep trying.

The updating process is a joke, in fact the whole online mode is. Hopefully it will be fixed for GT5, but we'll have to wait and see.

Fersis

Ok,i finally updated the game. (The update was done with the progress bar at 50%)
Now its time of 'placebo' effect : Yeah the game controls have changed. Its more 'detailed' now ,more fun.
GT5 Hype + 1

My dad love Gran Turismo, he is racing on London right now.

RavenFox

Banned
Fersis said:
Ok,i finally updated the game. (The update was done with the progress bar at 50%)
Now its time of 'placebo' effect : Yeah the game controls have changed. Its more 'detailed' now ,more fun.
GT5 Hype + 1

My dad love Gran Turismo, he is racing on London right now.
Awesome!:D

Fersis

RavenFox said:
When i said he is racing on London i meant that he is playing GT5P on the London track.:lol
He rocks, sometimes he grab a glass of whisky and play some games like F1 or Cuboid.

RavenFox

Banned
Fersis said:
When i said he is racing on London i meant that he is playing GT5P on the London track.:lol
He rocks, sometimes he grab a glass of whisky and play some games like F1 or Cuboid.
lol yeah I knew what you meant. Hmm just might do that right now.

f@luS

More than a member.
a little question

Is gt5p shareable? i forgot
i think the Jp one is but what about the others?
thx

Psychotext said:

No doubt. GT5 will be out soon and GT5:p will be useless practically.

so, I finally got my Driving Force GT. set it up nicely in front of my sofa with small table and everything. play it a couple lap and did horribly and spinning out of control but get the hang of it after a while.

I love it. feels great, although I find it a bit harder to play. maybe just not used to playing it. struggling to even get bronze medal in A class Events. I think my lap time with dual shock is still better, but the feel of playing with a wheel is just too good to go back to dualshock now.

anyway. this might be a strange question, but do you guys sweat while playing with a wheel? I've been playing for 2 days now, and only after a couple of matches, I'm sweating all over. mostly my back and forehead. and it's not just me. my friend come over to my house when I bought my wheel and he's also sweating. I even has my air conditioning turn on. so it's not like my room is hot. strange :lol.

SToRM

I just bought a G25 a few days ago. I've had GT5P for a long time now and I hadn't played it a lot, but now with my G25 I can play it for hours :D
This is really how the game is meant to be played, so awesome and realistic. I'm really looking forward to GT5 now.
I just finished B Class and the last cars I bought are the Evolution IX tuned and the Skyline R35. Now that I have some fast cars the game is even more awesome, but the R35 is quite tail happy.

Le-mo

I played this game last night and I noticed how much I suck at it. I can't seem to make tight turns. I'm playing this on a controller so can anyone give me any hint? I lower my speed when I'm about to make a tight turn, but that doesn't seem to work.

Le-mo said:
I played this game last night and I noticed how much I suck at it. I can't seem to make tight turns. I'm playing this on a controller so can anyone give me any hint? I lower my speed when I'm about to make a tight turn, but that doesn't seem to work.

Don't accelerate while in the turn and while you're exiting it.

witness

Got this yesterday from gamefly and it looks fucking beautiful, way better than even Forza 3 (which I play and love and put more than 40 hours into so far), but it took me a long time to adjust to driving faster cars.

There's a lot of technique and care that you have to take regarding every corner on every race track, it keeps you thinking the entire time and man it feels good when you take those corners perfectly.

Aurarian

I'm having such a hard time with B-3 right now. I just can't do what those guys do in the videos where they take the hairpins like it's candy. FYI, I have everything off. I played Forza with everything off except the line, but since I started playing this I've taken the line off to get better. Anyone have any suggestions for the race? It's the one with the Lancer IX Evo.

Firewire

Banned
Aurarian said:
I'm having such a hard time with B-3 right now. I just can't do what those guys do in the videos where they take the hairpins like it's candy. FYI, I have everything off. I played Forza with everything off except the line, but since I started playing this I've taken the line off to get better. Anyone have any suggestions for the race? It's the one with the Lancer IX Evo.
B3 is a time trial right.

The way to master the corners on Eiger is practice. Remember that its better to go into a corner slower so you can have more speed coming out of it. This method will allow you to optimize the line into, during and out of the corners. You will also learn the appropriate speeds for corners and how much you can push it.

Also if you are using a controller learn the tap method, it will help.

Aurarian

Firewire said:
B3 is a time trial right.

The way to master the corners on Eiger is practice. Remember that its better to go into a corner slower so you can have more speed coming out of it. This method will allow you to optimize the line into, during and out of the corners. You will also learn the appropriate speeds for corners and how much you can push it.

Also if you are using a controller learn the tap method, it will help.

The tap method?

Firewire

Banned
Aurarian said:
The tap method?

The tap method is something that was used back before today's pressure sensitive buttons but it still has a use today. When braking the car can be slowed quicker by doing a kind of engine braking by rapidly tapping the brakes. It also allows more control of speed into a corner. You can tap the gas as well, think of it as keeping the rev's up. Tapping the gas through a corner can allow you to get a good jump out of the corner.

It takes some practice but if you can get used to rapid tapping for braking and for throttle management it really helps.

There is a tap method for steering with the d-pad as well.

-viper- said:
GT5 is at disadvantage for being 1080p. That probably uses a lot of memory. No one is going to care whether the game is 1080p or not, they're just going to care what looks nicer.

They should drop to 720p and max out the graphics. 16 player racing @ 720p60fps would be goood.

truth right there.

Aurarian

Firewire said:
The tap method is something that was used back before today's pressure sensitive buttons but it still has a use today. When braking the car can be slowed quicker by doing a kind of engine braking by rapidly tapping the brakes. It also allows more control of speed into a corner. You can tap the gas as well, think of it as keeping the rev's up. Tapping the gas through a corner can allow you to get a good jump out of the corner.

It takes some practice but if you can get used to rapid tapping for braking and for throttle management it really helps.

There is a tap method for steering with the d-pad as well.

I actually was doing something similar to this last night. When I was in the corner, I would tap the accelerator to get going and then hold it when I was finally out. I think my main problem is the hairpins at the beginning. The rest of the track is not so hard besides those.

EDIT: I've been trying it out and I can't really seem to get it.

I have the driving force pro wheel, it's set to 900 degrees, but when I was turning the wheel in cockpit view he only turned his hands like 180 degrees.

Is there a setting to make him turn it to 900 degrees or is that how it's supposed to be?

Mush

flipswitch said:
I have the driving force pro wheel, it's set to 900 degrees, but when I was turning the wheel in cockpit view he only turned his hands like 180 degrees.

Is there a setting to make him turn it to 900 degrees or is that how it's supposed to be?
That's how it's meant to be. In some older builds of GT5P it had the full animation but it just looked off.

Anyway, I was going to take out the Elise 111R /Tuned out on Fuji just now and I left the pre-race pit garage menus going and some Super GT footage started played - very cool. Didn't know about this before.

It feels like the car doesn't register when I turn the wheel past 180 degrees.I guess I will have to try it again and fiddle around with settings.

Top Bottom