• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue The Official Thread of Glorious Cockpit View

Elios83

FirewalkR said:
Where's that Famitsu claim? If you're talking about the ripten article, it only says that PSU claims GT5P has damage, not Famitsu.

Oh yes I've read that article without paying enough attention (I got that Famitsu was stating like PSU that there was a damage system) :/

BTW OMG at the LOndon gif!

FabCam

Many fans of the series may also be pleased to learn that damage modelling has finally been implemented with Prologue. On the whole, the damage effects are quite realistic and we can safely say that the days of the Gran Turismo series being called a ‘bumper car simulator’ are over.

From here

Confirmation of this please?

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Angelcurio said:
p03a.jpg

Holy shit, looks like a real life shot O_O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoNANK5EWNU

i know it was posted before but it seems to true!!

If this is what Prologue is like, GT5 looks to be a monster when it comes out.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
FabCam said:
From here
Confirmation of this please?

Original article posted on PSU.
I thought that it would come later as an add-on pack though. I'm glad that it's included in Prologue, if the info given is true. :)

EDIT:
Still, many fans will be disappointed to learn that damage modeling has yet to be implemented, and it is currently unknown whether or not the final build will contain this element.

Uh, nvm...I knew it was too good to be true. :(

SSM25

erick said:
Of course they might, now that Sony has shown them the way. Well, there go the dreams of true 1080p gaming on this gen consoles. As if vertical upscaling was not enough. Man, they really do come up with nice ways to fleece the gamers.

Didn't microsoft advertised some games as "HD" that weren't a year before a PS3 game was even released?

Xirj

Why is everyone obsessing over the GT5P photo mode shots and trailers. None of those give a true impression how the game will run, nor do they give an inkling of gameplay. I wish the GT5 people would start talking more about physics and less about graphics.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Xirj said:
Why is everyone obsessing over the GT5P photo mode shots and trailers. None of those give a true impression how the game will run, nor do they give an inkling of gameplay. I wish the GT5 people would start talking more about physics and less about graphics.
Oh, sorry, we didn't get our early copies of the game to discuss it's physics yet.

Blablurn said:
do you really think there will be a graphical gap between prologue and 5? I mean, Prologue looks already stunning. There is almost no way to improve this.

I'm pretty certain there will be. It's still not complete and has around a year left in development. GT4 did the samething.

deepbrown

Blablurn said:
do you really think there will be a graphical gap between prologue and 5? I mean, Prologue looks already stunning. There is almost no way to improve this.
There certainly will be a significant gap. I have no doubts in PD...they add a whole load of polish on top of their Prologues.

spwolf

Xirj said:

did you play GT5P Demo? It has new physics already in.. what do you want to know?

the gif shows the track graphics are pretty much exactly like the shots...even in the replays, the backgrounds look the same, effects are just overlaid...its the lighting that makes it look incredible, of course the modelling is fantastic as well

HOLY FREAKING ****! @ the new London track shots oO

That's... insane. I really didn't want to buy GT5P but damn... I dunno if I can resist that.

Also :lol @ erick making a fool of him self with the resolution deals after claiming he knows alot about RSX & Cell. Hilarious stuff mate!

Firewire

Banned
Blablurn said:

There is always a slight improvement between the Prologues and actual GT games. Things will be tweaked, adjusted & improved. The thing is don't expect some huge graphical adjustment, just a slight polish.

Insertia said:
Funny how I thought they'd never be able to pull that off or that was CG or something.

Never doubt Polyphony again.

Heh they've never shown CG at any point for GT5. When all they had was GT4 in HD that's what they showed and they built from there. I guess the funniest part about that is that some claimed the reason they kept showing GT4 in HD was due to them losing their touch and losing key members to other companies. Of course those people don't enter GT threads anymore.

avaya

SolidSnakex said:
Heh they've never shown CG at any point for GT5. When all they had was GT4 in HD that's what they showed and they built from there. I guess the funniest part about that is that some claimed the reason they kept showing GT4 in HD was due to them losing their touch and losing key members to other companies. Of course those people don't enter GT threads anymore.

Doombringer :lol

Xirj

spwolf said:
did you play GT5P Demo? It has new physics already in.. what do you want to know?

It's true I should play it, hope fully get a chance next week. I just hope there's more to this games (eg. community features, developer run tournaments) than just the awesome art direction because this is the game I'll buy a PS3 for. It just has to play better than Forza 2.

avaya said:
Doombringer :lol

:lol There are others also. Kaz later confirmed that the people who've been working on GT from the start are still there and are known as the Nine Samurai. They own Ferrari's and Aston Martin's, so they seem to have it pretty nice where they're at. :p

Firewire

Banned
Xirj said:
It's true I should play it, hope fully get a chance next week. I just hope there's more to this games (eg. community features, developer run tournaments) than just the awesome art direction because this is the game I'll buy a PS3 for. It just has to play better than Forza 2.

Umm trust me it will play better than Forza 2.

Oh god I can't wait for my copy to arrive. I'm thinking about getting the G25 to boot and set it up in my HT...GT5:p should look good on a 92" screen :lol

deepbrown

Just in case you didn't know...those saying "uh it's all about the physics"....Famitsu gave it 39/40 - GT5 plays better than any other racer on the market.

What is the difference between GT HD Concept and GT 5 Prologue? I just got a PS3 and unfortunately I can't download the Prologue demo since it has been removed.

avaya

SolidSnakex said:
:lol There are others also. Kaz later confirmed that the people who've been working on GT from the start are still there and are known as the Nine Samurai. They own Ferrari's and Aston Martin's, so they seem to have it pretty nice where they're at. :p

As big shakers for Polyphony they probably have priority amongst manufacturers on pre-orders for new models too!

EktorPR

Naked Snake said:
What is the difference between GT HD Concept and GT 5 Prologue? I just got a PS3 and unfortunately I can't download the Prologue demo since it has been removed.

HD Concept is basically a tech demonstration featuring only two modes. Prologue is the next-gen GT we've all been waiting for.

avaya said:
As big shakers for Polyphony they probably have priority amongst manufacturers on pre-orders for new models too!

That wouldn't surprise me. I know Kaz mentioned that he was goign to be getting the new GTR when it came out and in the same interview he mentioned that he'd just ordered his second Ford GT. Because apparenltly 1 isn't enough.

FirewalkR

SolidSnakex said:
I'm not sure I can because it comes from a site that was recently banned.

Don't worry I know where to find it, but if you tell us the name of the video (like Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Gameplay Movie number something) it helps :)

Madman

Naked Snake said:
I guess you could say GT HD was basically a epilogue to GT4(it doesn't have the new physics model), and GT5:p is a prologue to 5.

IzumiK

Banned
SolidSnakex said:

I'm sorry, but the Daihatsu Materia is far better than those cars. (Latest Top Gear reference)

avaya

SolidSnakex said:
That wouldn't surprise me. I know Kaz mentioned that he was goign to be getting the new GTR when it came out and in the same interview he mentioned that he'd just ordered his second Ford GT. Because apparenltly 1 isn't enough.

He's buying another Ford GT because like Clarkson's, his first one broke. Multiple times.

Twix

deepbrown said:
Just in case you didn't know...those saying "uh it's all about the physics"....Famitsu gave it 39/40 - GT5 plays better than any other racer on the market.

you don’t need to quote famitsu score..we’ve already tried the demo, GT5 > any racing " game ".. it’s A REAL DRIVING SIMULATOR.

spwolf

Xirj said:

read up a bit about GT5P... you will be pleasantly suprised so it seems.

IzumiK said:
I'm sorry, but the Daihatsu Materia is far better than those cars. (Latest Top Gear reference)

:lol That comparison was hilarious.

"And what's more in a straight line at 85mph it'll easily overtake the Ascari when its doing 70."

avaya said:
He's buying another Ford GT because like Clarkson's, his first one broke. Multiple times.

That's always possible since the car doesn't seem to be that reliable despite being really nice. It was one of my favorites in GT4. This was Kaz's car collection as of a few months ago 2005 Ford GT, Honda S2000, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution V, Porsche GT3, Nissan 350Z, Mercedes AMG SL55.

avaya

spwolf said:
holy shit, shit, shit.

Is this the best score PS3 game ever got in Famitsu?

Only six games so far have received perfect scores. They are listed in chronological order:

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (1998, Nintendo, for Nintendo 64)
Soulcalibur (1999, Namco, for Dreamcast)
Vagrant Story (2000, Square Co., Ltd., for PlayStation)
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (2003, Nintendo for Nintendo GameCube)
Nintendogs (2005, Nintendo, for Nintendo DS)
Final Fantasy XII (2006, Square Enix, for PlayStation 2)

Games that received a near-perfect score of 39 include:

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (1991, Nintendo, for Super Famicom)
Virtua Fighter 2 (1995, Sega, for Sega Saturn)
Ridge Racer Revolution (1995, Namco, for PlayStation)
Super Mario 64 (1996, Nintendo, for Nintendo 64)
Tekken 3 (1998, Namco, for PlayStation)
Cyber Troopers Virtual On Oratorio Tangram (1999, Sega, for Dreamcast)
Final Fantasy X (2001, Square Co., Ltd., for PlayStation 2)
Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec (2001, Sony Computer Entertainment, for PlayStation 2)
Resident Evil (2002, Capcom, for Nintendo GameCube)
Dragon Quest VIII (2004, Square Enix, for PlayStation 2)
Gran Turismo 4 (2004, Sony Computer Entertainment, for PlayStation 2)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (2005, Konami, for PlayStation 2)
Dead or Alive 4 (2005, Tecmo, for Xbox 360)
Kingdom Hearts II (2006, Square Enix and Buena Vista Games, for PlayStation 2)
Ōkami (2006, Capcom, for PlayStation 2)
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (2007, Nintendo, for Nintendo DS)
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (2007, Sony Computer Entertainment, for Playstation 3)

Firewire

Banned
Mattlikewhoa said:
Oh god I can't wait for my copy to arrive. I'm thinking about getting the G25 to boot and set it up in my HT...GT5:p should look good on a 92" screen :lol

If you really like racing sims the G25 is a must.

Xirj said:

Dude, it's got it's own TV Channel. In the game. In HD. :D

Top Bottom