• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despera said:
That's damage on Professional. It's official, damage sucks in GT5. But I don't care, what's there is satisfactory enough.
I don't get it. Couldn't they just...turn up how fast the cars fall apart? That's not realistic at all.

AniHawk

jockamo said:
I fear the end of this thread is near.

vcwget.jpg

C-Jo

CrushDance said:
I don't get it. Couldn't they just...turn up how fast the cars fall apart? That's not realistic at all.
Yeah, I don't expect it to be realistic at all, but this would be nice.

KingDizzi

Banned
Fortinbras said:
That guy seems disappointed with the game.
http://translate.google.com/transla...le-forum.net/tema/11252-gran-turismo-5/page95

EDIT: I'm talking about tekken90 who posted the latest video on gtplanet.

Ugh he certainly is not too happy with this game, he says he did the installation and still the loading times are poor! Really do hope that this game does not disappoint however it's looking more and more likely it will. Onto my Lovefilm list and off Amazon you go GT5. :(

I just threw down 106 bucks for the CE edition of GT5... excited. One thing that confuses me though is the damage. The GT5 demos in the kiosks was a lot better... cars fell apart more easily... I don't know wtf is happening in these videos.

KingDizzi said:
Ugh he certainly is not too happy with this game, he says he did the installation and still the loading times are poor! Really do hope that this game does not disappoint however it's looking more and more likely it will. Onto my Lovefilm list and off Amazon you go GT5. :(

Surprisingly not everyone is going to like GT5. But I guess you just decided to ignore the fact that the guy that was giving us the original videos absolutely loved the game to the point that he really didn't want to spoil certain aspects of it.

Hanmik

Goldrusher said:
A road car in Arcade Mode.

Wake me up when he has a video of a NASCAR race in GT Mode.

even though it is a road car in Arcade, it is still damage mode on Professional..

not that I care, but the damage model is not what people are expecting (judging from the new videos)

Mush

phosphor112 said:
I just threw down 106 bucks for the CE edition of GT5... excited. One thing that confuses me though is the damage. The GT5 demos in the kiosks was a lot better... cars fell apart more easily... I don't know wtf is happening in these videos.
ARCADE MODE, GOSH DARN IT

ARCADE MODE

bud

smh @ ''damage''

top gear and that other magazine were blown away by it; not seeing it there

disappointmenton incoming

mgs4 > gt5

Mush said:
ARCADE MODE, GOSH DARN IT

ARCADE MODE

I don't think the arcade mode makes a difference.. I seriously think the damage just isn't on, as I said in my post above, the damage indicator isn't showing anything at all.

scotcheggz

So this is how it starts is it?

Hype it for weeks, see one video and it's all CANCEL MY PREORDER!!

There's one of those bachelor frog memes or whatever the hell it's called in there somewhere.

Goldrusher

Hanmik said:
even though it is a road car in Arcade, it is still damage mode on Professional..
Afaik, the only Professional in Arcade Mode refers to the difficulty of the AI.

Unless they brought back the Standard-Pro simulation setting in the pre-race menu. If only he could film that menu.

Ashes

Banned
KingDizzi said:

:lol

Goldrusher said:

Yeah, I think that it was alba that said that if you select the hardest difficulty it'll turn off all your driving aids and the AI will be smarter.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
scotcheggz said:
So this is how it starts is it?

Hype it for weeks, see one video and it's all CANCEL MY PREORDER!!

There's one of those bachelor frog memes or whatever the hell it's called in there somewhere.

I'll wait to pass judgement until we know more, but if there isn't better damage modeling than what was shown in the video, then yeah, PREORDER FUCKING CANCELLED :mad:

matthsv said:
Guys, what happened to this damage model? http://www.gtplanet.net/more-screenshots-videos-of-gt5s-new-damage-modeling/gt5-bestbuy-damage-round2-5/
Granted it was too extreme but surely they would have perfected it between then and now. The damage shown in those videos seems like what the damage model was like when they first reveled it.

Stop jumping to conclusions about the lack of damage.

The Gallardo's damage looks the same as it did in that demo. The 458 always had the most extreme damage model for some reason. All the other car models could be beat up but not to that extreme.

dwebo

Meh, the only time I'll probably turn on the damage modeling is after I keep losing some event so I can tear around busting opponents into walls, Burnout style. Fuck having to spend credits repairing stuff otherwise :lol

That being said, yeah, doubt it's on in that vid, and if it is, it's at the lowest setting.

yo playa's .. im in search of some interviews or released info regarding Polyphony Digital work and effort put into the graphics for GT5. IF anyone has any links off hand..let me know ..i tried looking for it myself but didn't find much of any thing at all.

Polyphony Digital are damn good at making candy but would love to hear about some of the techniques being used for the visuals and what kind of poly's they are pushing and what not.

Thank in adv
Tot

KingDizzi

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Surprisingly not everyone is going to like GT5. But I guess you just decided to ignore the fact that the guy that was giving us the original videos absolutely loved the game to the point that he really didn't want to spoil certain aspects of it.

There are a few people that have GT5 and tekken90 is the only one that has posted any impressions of the game. I'm very happy for the guy enjoying the game so much that he does not want to spoil it however the one guy that has posted impressions certainly does not paint a pretty picture of the game. It's not like I won't buy the game if it's good, will wait for your guys impressions, Metacritic and if everything looks good then back onto the purchase list it goes. I've put GT5 off and back on Amazon about 50 times now do my mind will probably change again in the next 5 minutes but to repeat the impressions by Tekken90 are not filling me with joy. :(

edit- something has got to be up with that damage video, I refuse to believe anything else. On Lovefilm you stay.

a1m

Banned
I'm not going to cancel my preorders but the damage model in that video is at least disappointing at this point. Who knows what settings the uploader actually used and maybe you can turn the damage up but at the moment the damage is shit.

BeeDog

That Monza video is awesome. Seeing as how much rage, fury, sadness and love this game seems to generate among gamers, it's obvious many, many people will become disappointed with this game. Hopefully the game has the hook that forces the "just one more time" feeling on you. Pokegran, gotta catch them all!

amar212

mr_nothin said:
I think he just changed the PHYSICS to professional instead of going to a professional series (or higher) race. FAIL

I think physics is Standard, what wh changed is the settings of the race in Arcade to Professional.

However, it probably have to do with AI settings most.

mr_nothin

Banned
amar212 said:
I think physics is Standard, what wh changed is the settings of the race in Arcade to Professional.

However, it probably have to do with AI settings most.
Yea probably. After watching it again, it seems like the car has a lot of assists on it.
He needs to go to the GT Mode and go to a higher level series race.

dwebo

KingDizzi said:
however the one guy that has posted impressions certainly does not paint a pretty picture of the game.
Really, I'm surprised you can make out an overall picture from that machine translated gobbledy-gook. :lol

Angelcurio

This thread is like a virus that just keeps spreading. I just woke up and it is 10 pages longer. And after seeing the thread title changed again i am not even going to ask the million dollar question. :(

BeeDog

Why hasn't any retard that owns the game posted a photo mode picture yet? I'm very eager to find out if the game can output pictures of the same/almost-same quality as the earlier press images.

Hanmik

Goldrusher said:

Unless they brought back the Standard-Pro simulation setting in the pre-race menu. If only he could film that menu.

sorry for that.,. watched the movie, read the title and thought DAMAGE was ON.. so sorry for the misunderstanding..

BeeDog said:
That Monza video is awesome. Seeing as how much rage, fury, sadness and love this game seems to generate among gamers, it's obvious many, many people will become disappointed with this game. Hopefully the game has the hook that forces the "just one more time" feeling on you. Pokegran, gotta catch them all!

People are going to search for flaws. I have no intention to drive any of the standard cars. I just don't want them. I'm going to ignore this half assed attempt to inlcude GT4 cars into the game. However 200 premium cars are still enough for me and I'm going to buy the game as soon as it is available.

BeeDog said:
Why hasn't any retard that owns the game posted a photo mode picture yet? I'm very eager to find out if the game can output pictures of the same/almost-same quality as the earlier press images.

It could be linked to the online mode, and therefore disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom