• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

spwolf

paskowitz said:
I cannot believe no one has mentioned this yet from the latest videos... the sounds are greatly improved!

once it works, it is ignored from there on :D

While it is perfectly normal to bitch about any part of any game (and we should bitch about things we do not like, otherwise how will devs know to change it?), what I dont particually like is that some people make huge deal of certain "issues" and when for instance sounds sound good, they just ignore it and then move on to other "issue".

now back to the release date, fucking sony, dont you know how many seconds in "imminent" in internet forum world? Like... less than one!!! :D

Corto

It's really hilarious that we get this type of commentaries with Sony reps refering to their costumers as childs when Sony is the one that is treating this all situation in the most unprofessional way possible. How did they expect that people respond to this silence? Sit quiet in the corner that daddy will give the shinny new game whenever he feels like it?

Ashes

Banned
DoctorWho said:
I think Sony needs another sacrifice.

Ig8PO.gif

scotcheggz

-viper- said:
Even if GT5 comes out I've got no idea how I'm going to pay for it. I don't even have £20 in my bank account. Since September I've had to use my money to spend on university travel and food. :[

You're at university man! Ramen and a bike!

At uni, money is for drugs, music and games! It will better you as a person.. or something.

NHale

Corto said:
It's really hilarious that we get this type of commentaries with Sony reps refering to their costumers as childs when Sony is the one that is treating this all situation in the most unprofessional way possible. How did they expect that people respond to this silence? Sit quiet in the corner that daddy will give the shinny new game whenever he feels like it?

"You are going to get a 2nd job just so you could buy a PS3 for $599. And you will like it!"

Ainigma

Neo Member
A reply on the Euro Blog :

"I can only comment on Sly Trilogy.

But like you all, I too can’t wait to play GT5"

- This is from the Blog Poster - European Product Manager of SCEE

NHale

Ainigma said:
A reply on the Euro Blog :

"I can only comment on Sly Trilogy.

But like you all, I too can’t wait to play GT5"

- This is from the Blog Poster - European Product Manager of SCEE

Come on child.

I feel like brushing up on the Nirvana Fallacy will be helpful for this thread.

The Nirvana fallacy is the logical error of comparing actual things with unrealistic, idealized alternatives. It can also refer to the tendency to assume that there is a perfect solution to a particular problem.

KingDizzi

Banned
-viper- said:
Even if GT5 comes out I've got no idea how I'm going to pay for it. I don't even have £20 in my bank account. Since September I've had to use my money to spend on university travel and food. :[

Can your parents not lend you a hand? My mum kicked me out of the house so I'm living with my sister at present, she is paying for everything which I feel bad about but then again she is a GP and I'm a second year university student studying my ass off to look at peoples gobs for the remainder of my life. I personally think you should go with Lovefilm, look around the internet and find the code for a 90 day free trial. When you sign up choose the option of games and movies, 3 discs a month and enjoy all the games and movies you want for three months! I get really lucky and lately got games like Black Ops on release date, it may be because I am in London in which case you should also get lucky. So for free you can get all the games and movies your heart desires, before the 90 days are up just cancel your account. Nice and easy.

Phenomic

I Mean I assume with Yamauchi twitter update that he will announce the release date today. Perhaps I'm just a wishful thinker. Still glad I don't want this game but this thread is amazing. :lol

Carl

DoctorWho said:
No, I'm the only who can see this through to the end!

Why don't you just travel to the future and buy a shit ton of copies of GT5....Then bring them back to us?

*awaits bollocks reply about crossing own timeline and "wibblywobbly timeywimey"*

If Sony is going for "pulling an Apple" they should announce it around 1-2pm EST. That is typically the Apple press conference times right?

Omiee

Kagari said:
They're probably waiting for the SCEA side of things to wake up. Still 6 AM on the west coast.

lets hope so, i will be realy mad if they delay it to 2011, but i cant see that happening.

Carl said:
Why don't you just travel to the future and buy a shit ton of copies of GT5....Then bring them back to us?

*awaits bollocks reply about crossing own timeline and "wibblywobbly timeywimey*

My TARDIS was stolen by the Master. He was last seen in the Czech Republic.

Ashes

Banned
Kagari said:
They're probably waiting for the SCEA side of things to wake up. Still 6 AM on the west coast.

perhaps. I recall ssx saying something like the delay being announced in a few hours, almost a month ago. Say around 4pm gmt?

Jilt

gutterboy44 said:
If Sony is going for "pulling an Apple" they should announce it around 1-2pm EST. That is typically the Apple press conference times right?

When's that, cause I'm on Amsterdam time... :D

-viper-

Banned
KingDizzi said:
Can your parents not lend you a hand? My mum kicked me out of the house so I'm living with my sister at present, she is paying for everything which I feel bad about but then again she is a GP and I'm a second year university student studying my ass off to look at peoples gobs for the remainder of my life. I personally think you should go with Lovefilm, look around the internet and find the code for a 90 day free trial. When you sign up choose the option of games and movies, 3 discs a month and enjoy all the games and movies you want for three months! I get really lucky and lately got games like Black Ops on release date, it may be because I am in London in which case you should also get lucky. So for free you can get all the games and movies your heart desires, before the 90 days are up just cancel your account. Nice and easy.
Yeah - that's all I can do really. Ask my parents to lend me some cash otherwise I won't be able to get to uni in the first place! Just realised I have £40 in my cupboard. Good thing I haven't spent it - will save that money for GT5. :p

Angst

h3ro said:
Ads help gaf. Why do you hate gaf?

It's pretty shitty to block the ads that provides the only revenue to keep the servers up. I'd imagine the servers use quite a bit of server space and bandwidth. Which isn't exactly free.

On topic: poor Ross at the EU blog. I'd say stop pestering the guys at the EU blog. They are the only ones actually responding in the comments.

Omiee

wait what..? the german blog say somethig about a release date..?

nvm i read it now, MAN PLEASE BE NOV 23RD PLEASE PLEASEEEEEEE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom