• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 set to release on November 2nd [S-CONF]

Status
Not open for further replies.

kintar0

I sucked at the license tests in previous GT games, well hell lets be honest I sucked at the game in general. Do these wheels, like the G25, help out? It just seems loose with the DS to me.

Ranger X

kintar0 said:
I sucked at the license tests in previous GT games, well hell lets be honest I sucked at the game in general. Do these wheels, like the G25, help out? It just seems loose with the DS to me.

Well, a wheel and pedals give you more accurate control, more precise control. At first you would probably suck even more than with a normal controller but you might caught on faster afterward since it's more "lifelike" to use a wheel anyways.
Either way, with practice you should beat your own times you made with a controller.

That has to be the reason. If you've been accustomed to Standard physics in GT5P, the pro physics in GT5TT would've whooped your ass on a wheel.

GT5's physics are reworked from GT5P, so I'd play GT5P with Pro physics only just to brace yourself.

Razgreez

Mush said:
Hey, for whatever reason I was faster with a controller in the Academy demo than with my DFGT. Explain that.

You're speshial. You know those reserved parking spaces at the malls, the ones with the wheelchair guys painted on them? You get to use them

j/k :D

Any mild-mannered RWD car on S1 tires will give you a good feel for refining your throttle and steering inputs. The RX-7 or BMW 135 would be good places to start, and yeah, Suzuka has pretty much every type of corner covered.

Maybe move onto the M3 after that, and the Z06/Ford GT when you want the challenge to begin. :D

P.S. GT5TT had mandatory traction control when playing with a controller, but it was turned off when playing with a wheel. That could have made up a lot of the difference if you're somewhat heavy-footed with the wheel. I'd recommend no driving aids whatsoever in GT5P.

If it becomes a chore or you lose interest, don't feel bad about turning them back on... after all, it's about having fun.

Ashes

Banned
Kaz Hirai interview.

"Last question; how much of a relief is it that Gran Turismo 5 is finally coming out?

(Laughs) Couldn't be happier! Especially because Kazunori Yamauchi took a lot of time tweaking the game – as he always does – but the fact that he took the time to make sure the game is 3D compatible is great. He put a lot of effort into it and it obviously shows! If you haven't played it yet, you should – it looks absolutely fantastic! "

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/video-games/7877149/E3-2010-Kazuo-Hirai-interview.html

From that it looks as if the delay was almost entirely because of the corporate push behind 3d.

Ashes1396 said:
From that it looks as if the delay was almost entirely because of the corporate push behind 3d.

Nah, Kaz said that they started discussing 3D over 3 years ago and it was nearly complete in GT5 a year later.

Ashes

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Nah, Kaz said that they started discussing 3D over 3 years ago and it was nearly complete in GT5 a year later.

You seem to be talking about a system rather then say per track, and the problems that 3d could create on tracks being built as we speak (hopefully).
Even to make it compatible with 3d technology that Sony hadn't released till this year? 3d TVs were only released last month. The public corporate push for 3d only really started January this year.
Although I guess there's nothing to really suggest that they couldn't have been working on 3d and reasonbly perfected it three years ago for any system.

ps. I wonder what problems for games 3d really presents. bugs wise.

The name of the person who submitted the suggestion for the final track title name that is selected, will be included in the "Special Thanks" section of the credits in "Gran Turismo 5".

To send your suggestions:
Please send the following information to the email address noted below.

E-mail Subject: GT5 Music Track Title

1. Music Title (English only. Please limit to 1 title per person.)
2. Your name or nickname (Alphabetical characters only)
3. Your country of residence
4. Descriptive comment regarding the music track (English only, in 150 words or less)

*Submitted suggestions that do not meet the above format will not be selected.
*Suggestions are limited to one per person.

Deadline:
July 25, 2010 11:59 PM (PST)

Result Announcement:
We will be announcing the selected title suggestion within 2 weeks from the final date above.

Judging:
Judging will be performed by "Gran Turismo" series producer, Kazunori Yamauchi.

gtcom-song2010-jp@polyphony.co.jp

http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/news/d9551.html

JAVK

SolidSnakex said:
Polyphony just posted the full song from the E3 trailer

http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/news/d9551.html

So good!

This is the thing Kaz mentioned on Twitter where they're allowing fans to name the song. An English application should be up soon.

Im not really a fan of it too rock/poppy. I wish they went towards the electro or DnB genre, how sweet would that be?

Anyone know if we can use custom soundtracks?

Okay, I decided to get this game. I'm not into sim-racers but this is Gran freaking Turismo 5!

It'll be worth it...even though I probably won't play it that much! :lol

darkwing

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
Okay, I decided to get this game. I'm not into sim-racers but this is Gran freaking Turismo 5!

It'll be worth it...even though I probably won't play it that much! :lol
you might be suprised, we will have GAF track days!

JAVK said:
Im not really a fan of it too rock/poppy. I wish they went towards the electro or DnB genre, how sweet would that be?

Yes we can. I'd like the GT1 electro menu music to make a return as it is SUPERIOR to spineless elevator jazz.

Pizza Luigi said:
I'm not sure if I should say this, for if they would fix this the game would be delayed another year, but:

What annoys me in every game that has cars in it, is that when a car is driving really slowly, and the driver turns the car around entirely, he just keeps both hands on the steering wheel and turns it about 120 degrees. In real life, one has to turn the wheel maybe to 300 degrees to get the wheels to the end of their range.

The only game ever to get this right is, strangely enough, Grand Theft Auto IV. When driving quickly, Niko barely has to steer, when driving slowly, he turns the wheel around while letting go and grabbing on again.

Gran Turismo 4:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd-JUF2mC3w

I read they've taken this out because from cockpit view you notice the animation can't keep up with the wheel under all circumstances, no idea if that's true.
Could also be problem with hands clipping through hands that only looks bad in cockpit view, but hopefully they could fix that with alternative animations.
Whatever the reason, it's been dropped since they added cockpit view, it was there in GT:HD too.

darkwing said:
you might be suprised, we will have GAF track days!
There are two kind of games that impress my Dad: military shooters because it's realistic, and racing games, especially racing games with incredible realistic scenery.

It's the only way I can bond with my Dad with video games, since he hates them. But I know GT5 will blow him away!

JAVK said:

There will still be electro music on the soundtrack. Well, at least on Euro and US soundtracks. But yeah, you can use custom soundtracks if you want.

-Amon- said:
Why are they wasting time on this ? They already have the Glorious MOON OVER THE CASTLE !!!!

It's not a theme song. They just didn't have a name for the song in the E3 trailer and decided to let fans name it.

GTplanet posted some 18megapixel shots of the NASCAR models from GT5. These pics were initially released during E3 but not at this quality

http://www.gtplanet.net/47-nascar-gt5-screenshots-from-e3-2010-at-18-megapixels/

You can even see the weld marks

e5i6w0.jpg

:lol

-viper-

Banned
I don't like rock/pop songs but that is a pretty awesome track.

PjotrStroganov said:
Yes we can. I'd like the GT1 electro menu music to make a return as it is SUPERIOR to spineless elevator jazz.
YES.

Goldrusher

Wax Free Vanilla said:
i thought the nascars were premium?

the grills and headlights look like pasted on textures.

edit* never knew the real cars have stickers for headlights :lol
Seriously ? :p

You, of all people, didn't know that ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom