• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 ships 9 million units

FOoWC.jpg

nov update with GT5:AE sales

PD

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Very deserved. All the support (through patches and whatnot) turned this game from "decent" to "excellent".

9 million plus 5 million for prologue (a paid demo) Yup I'd say they made their money back. They'd make a lot more money if Kaz didn't take 20 years to make a game.

Xater

That's cool I guess, but for GT6 a lot has to change. Get someone competent to design the UI. Create a more compelling SP experience (for the love of god look at what Forza is doing there). No bullshit like premium cars. Everything has to be the same detail level even if that means less cars. I am willing to not have 5000 Toyota Evos if I can get one good looking one.

Gadirok

And employ a UI/menu designer so you don't waste all that talent building awesome content, only for it to be buried under a sea of messy menus and awkward navigation.

Agreed. That UI turns me away every time. They could make it a bit more simplistic but I was a newcomer and the learning curve was already steep enough for me.

And people called me crazy...

And the game is still charting, and there's a possibility of Spec III being released. Over 10M+ when all is said and done.

Anyone remember what the previous GT PSP sales were?

DBT85

Since it took so long to get GT5 onto the PS3, I have to assume they are going to break with tradition and not launch a second full game on the same console for the first time.

GT6 available as a launch title on the PS4bis has got to be a target surely? Just keep GT5 going with updates and stuff in the meantime.

I like GT5. But I also think it's one of the most flawed games in the series. And it may be nitpicky, but I don't play the game anymore solely because of the engine sounds.

Competitors might not have surpassed them when it comes to the total package but they have when it comes to almost all individual aspects.

I will buy GT6 but please PD, step it up.

SmokyDave

Well deserved. Nothing on consoles comes close to the feel of GT5 and a wheel.

Nearly 4 mill for GT PSP bodes well for a Vita GT too. Fingers crossed!

Since it took so long to get GT5 onto the PS3, I have to assume they are going to break with tradition and not launch a second full game on the same console for the first time.

GT6 available as a launch title on the PS4bis has got to be a target surely? Just keep GT5 going with updates and stuff in the meantime.

If this

Once the six skip the three
Saving for the four
Question stays about the five
Waiting for some more

Due the fact we knew too much
About the four and five
Six will hide until it can
Kevin Butlers' Jive

It's six step left six step right
Rinse, repeat and wait
The three will get some finger food
And four will celebrate.

Translates into what I think it does, then yes, GT6 will be a PS4 title.

For anyone unfamiliar with amar, the dude pretty much revealed all of GT5 features through crypted messages before anyone else did. He knows his stuff :p

Varth

Just give me Gran Turismo 6

On PS3, FFS.

I want something akin to what GT4 was for PS2. Same engine, but LOTS of tracks, all premium cars, an actual career mode like GT2, a Tourist Trophy motorcycles DLC...

More of the same, ok, but ultra polished.

amar212

And people called me crazy...
Over 10M+ when all is said and done.

Possibly. These results are September 2012, and GT 5 Academy Edition just went into sales for Europe (PAL) in late September (24th Sept).

Now it is being sold as both standalone release as well as part of the SuperSlim bundle.

I wouldn't be surprised if late 2013 push that even further in next List update, closer to 11M and even above if SpecIII release becomes reality.

Possibly. These results are September 2012, and GT 5 Academy Edition just went into sales for Europe (PAL) in late September (24th Sept).

Now it is being sold as both standalone release as well as part of the SuperSlim bundle.

I wouldn't be surprised if late 2013 push that even further in next List update, closer to 11M and even above if SpecIII release becomes reality.

So cute, pretending he doesn't know. :p

Wow then. I find that more impressive then the GT5 increase lol

It was great while it lasted, but at about level 30 or so I just didn't like the racing structure. Never stuck around for Spec 2.0 or all the other stuff.

Ah well, hopefully GT6 is in full development for the PS4 and will be a close to launch game.

Good. This game + Driving Force GT is one of the best experiences I've ever had in videogames.

Throw in 3D mode in cockpit view with rain effects and it's mine too!

This game really is amazing, it's a shame that they actually pushed the PS3 too hard and couldn't go with a stable frame rate and no tearing though :( I do find that it is slightly off putting sometimes.

The only franchise I've played at least once a month for almost 10 years.

I can't wait to see what Kazunori and the team at PD can come up with for the PS4.

If I remember correctly, there was so much stuff that wasn't included in GT5 because of time constraints and hardware limitations.

GT5 + wheel on the Nurburgring is godly.

It was great while it lasted, but at about level 30 or so I just didn't like the racing structure. Never stuck around for Spec 2.0 or all the other stuff.

Same. Level 30 then the interest dropped off.

Good looking game, does some nice stuff and plays well with a wheel (can't agree it's the best), 9 million is nuts.

The PS3 has way too many technical issues that they just can't overcome. All of their alpha effects end up looking horrible because of those limitations.

This.

GT5 as it is is pushing (and in some cases going beyond) the boundaries of what's possible with PS3 hardware. I honestly can't see them optimizing GT6 on PS3 any further.

Outside of eliminating all of the standard cars to free up more disk space, I don't see a PS3 GT6 looking much different than GT5.

Top Bottom