• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

Niks

There better not be a single GT4 track in the game.

Delay the game until 2015 if you must, but the classics need a remake.

Yeah about that...

S9gUyuk.jpg

Ive made my peace on GT6 being on PS3.
As pask said I hope we get more tracks with TOD... also it will be nice to get back into the NRL.

Cant wait for Wednesday.

I hope there are some additional online features that would allow us to conduct league races more efficiently. Proper qualifying sessions, points system, etc. I don't care if it is PS3. I rather have some new content than have to buy a new console I don't want yet. And that is the fucked up thing, if GT6 is PS4, I would have to buy one. My brain wouldn't let me sleep. Damn you GT, you really are like a super hot but kind of shitty girlfriend.

amar212

Amar posted this:

A few days, a magazine has first dibs, it's got to be Famitsu. Does that mag get released on Wednesday?

GT websites relaunch on Wednesday, which means Wednesday is announcement day

Haha, Vanilla, you are not fair - internet should stay away from my forum - I will lock everything from public eye if such Google-Fu continues to intrude privacy of GTSurgeons :)

And besides, some parts are not translated as they should so your final assumption has been made on foundations of machine translation mistake ;)

There better not be a single GT4 track in the game. Delay the game until 2015 if you must, but the classics need a remake.

I see no single real problem with Trial Mountain or any other "HD" track in GT5. Everything is great there - I would rather see modelling team spending their time in creating new tracks then pampering old-ones without any real reason to do so.

All GT2-GT3-GT4 tracks should be re-introduced. Within its "Original Courses" category, GT5 has ONLY tracks from GT1, with exception of SSR11 which is omitted. There is no single "Original Course" from later GT games (GT2-3-4) and only new GT5 "Original Course" is Cape Ring (without reverse versions, which still boggles my mind).

That fact - how all vintage "Original Courses" in GT5 are in-fact GT1 tracks - gives me hope how PD took a path of building vintage tracks by their release schedule: and seeing Apricot and Seattle(both GT2 original courses) in recent trailer could be a confirmation of such thinking. Of course, I would literally cry tears of joy if GT6 would bring all GT1-GT2-GT3-GT4 "Original Courses", even if it locks them behind 50$ DLC paywall. I would pay it instantly.

Eh, I wouldn't mind if GT4 upscaled exist. The more tracks the better. It's not like the GT4 tracks look offensive. They just aren't up to par with the tracks that are made for the PS3.

AKA this.

Just give us TOD change and weather for every track.

And this, absolutely agree. All RL "endurance" tracks (Daytona Road, Laguna, Spa...) should really need TOD.

^^Judging by the windows in the building to the left, surely that's from GT3/4 and GT6.

I concur and I have so single problem with that. Racing GT40 over Seattle Reverse in 5.1 DTS should be damn glorious.

I hope there are some additional online features that would allow us to conduct league races more efficiently..

You can do all of that on paper, what online really needs is changing oil in pits and additional restrictions based on host-tuning preferences.

Also, B-Spec real-time online should finally get introduced as well as some Replay Spectator mode where all people in lobby should be able to watch replays loaded and controlled by the host in the real-time with chat enabled.

Everything else is really "coding for the people without pen and paper".

Damn you GT, you really are like a super hot but kind of shitty girlfriend.

My favourite type - beautiful irresistible serpent.

It has begun.

Soon.

saladine1

Can't get at Youtube here at work, could you please describe?
It's the classic song FEELING GOOD

"Birds flying high you know how I feel
Sun in the sky you know how I feel
Breeze driftin' on by you know how I feel

It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life
For me
And I'm feeling good

Fish in the sea you know how I feel
River running free you know how I feel
Blossom on the tree you know how I feel

Dragonfly out in the sun you know what I mean, don't you know
Butterflies all havin' fun you know what I mean
Sleep in peace when day is done
That's what I mean

And this old world is a new world
And a bold world
For me

Stars when you shine you know how I feel
Scent of the pine you know how I feel
Oh freedom is mine
And I know how I feel"

Double H

I keep wondering when GT will jump ship to a subscription model.

Make it one glorious regularly updated buffet. No more 3 year waits between major releases, continually updated content and no DLC separation between the haves and the have nots.

Could GT6 be the final standalone release before GT Online?

amar212

I keep wondering when GT will jump ship to a subscription model.

Make it one glorious regularly updated buffet. No more 3 year waits between major releases, continually updated content and no DLC seperation between the haves and the have nots.

Could GT6 be the final standalone release before GT Online?

What is GT Online? GT Universe or GT World you mean? ;)

And answer to your question is not soon.

As long as they can sell 10M in printed copies with charting for 3 consecutive years on all territories you will not see a subscription. And never forget how greatest percentage of GT players is not focused on online that much - subscription model would turn them off.

GT is most successive PS franchise and they are making hundreds of millions from current model. DLC revenues are only icing on the cake and IMO the current solution GT is doing for DLC integration is example of DLC integration done right.

IMO We will continue to see major disc-releases and *maybe* DD releases, but then again GT5 was never released as DD title (despite there were some 15GB+ titles available over SEN - Hitman Absolution for example).

Of course, I will agree how some theoretical *online* mode similar to iRacing as *service* could be employed at some time at incoming generation, but major releases will remain within current model for years to come.

Angst

Jordan just posted this in the GT6 thread on GTplanet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfJRX-8SXOs

All aboard the hype train! :D

GT is most successive PS franchise and they are making hundreds of millions from current model. DLC revenues are only icing on the cake and IMO the current solution GT is doing for DLC integration is example of DLC integration done right.
By "done right" I assume you mean the content that's been released as DLC? The technical handling of DLC is pretty bad.

*Buy in PS Store. Activate in GT main menu. Receive car in car delivery menu.* Is not how you should handle DLC from a technical standpoint.

ruttyboy

By "done right" I assume you mean the content that's been released as DLC? The technical handling of DLC is pretty bad.

*Buy in PS Store. Activate in GT main menu. Receive car in car delivery menu.* Is not how you should handle DLC from a technical standpoint.

I think he means that everyone gets the DLC through an update so there is no fragmentation of online. If you want to race a track you don't own in someone else's lobby, you can, and I agree this is how all DLC should be handled.

Double H

What is GT Online? GT Universe or GT World you mean? ;)

And answer to your question is not soon.
My mistake, GT World. ;) Disappointing it's not the Kazunori Twist.

I totally agree retail disc releases wont go away anytime soon, but I reckon GT Academy 2012's 1.1+ million players was a good indication that online GT releases could work in tandem. It's promising to see Sony experimenting with this stuff all the same.

I'm just frustrated at how much of GT4's content was missing in GT5. The Arcade mode went backwards, RIP full selection of stock cars and LAN racing. Not to mention GT Mode's A-Spec/B-Spec event duplication, Special Events that were more like branded mini games, and the License Tests were made redundant because restrictions were managed with XP instead. So many missed opportunities.

Does anyone think that we'll see the stunt mode that Yoshida mentioned? Back when he mentioned karts and the course maker he also mentioned something called a stunt mode. Karts and the course maker obviously ended up in GT5, but there was no sign of that stunt mode. With a game like GT it's hard to imagine what a stunt mode would even be.

Double H

Does anyone think that we'll see the stunt mode that Yoshida mentioned? Back when he mentioned karts and the course maker he also mentioned something called a stunt mode. Karts and the course maker obviously ended up in GT5, but there was no sign of that stunt mode. With a game like GT it's hard to imagine what a stunt mode would even be.
Whenever I read that I thought it was more along the lines of Top Gear scenarios, like racing against planes/jets rather than literal destruction derbies. Considering they made single races happen on the TG Test Track who knows if they're open to crash fests.

Angst

Speaking of Top Gear. Will the Top Gear track be absent in GT6? I guess it has to be, as the MS - Top Gear deal was reported as being a multi-year deal.

amar212

ruttyboy

Does anyone know if I can use the disc from GT: Academy to install the game and then use my original GT5 disc to run it?

EDIT: Thanks Angst

Angst

Does anyone know if I can use the disc from GT: Academy to install the game and then use my original GT5 disc to run it?

Save games apparently works across the discs - so yes, that means you can install everything from the Academy Edition and the use the Vanilla disc to run it. Academy edition is really just the standard + dlc + patches.

ruttyboy

Come on Kaz, drop the GT6 news! There is no hype train like a GT hype train. I have to admit I don't feel as manic this time around.

I still laugh when I think about the madness surrounding the GT5 launch here, that thread was epic in comedy and tragedy (also primo gif use).

Niks

Amar said:
I see no single real problem with Trial Mountain or any other "HD" track in GT5. Everything is great there - I would rather see modelling team spending their time in creating new tracks then pampering old-ones without any real reason to do so.

Hmm im not so sure.
While I agree its better to have a track, than no track at all... that doesnt mean it is acceptable. Not for GT on PS4 anyway.

For a game that prides itself on having photo realistic cars, having mediocre looking tracks just wont cut it.

Can't wait for a full feature list of GT6 that will blow our socks off.

Then 12 months of nonstop hype for the game.

Followed by the crippling disappointment when they release a rushed unpolished product with only half complete features.

prove me wrong please GT6

saladine1

Can't wait for a full feature list of GT6 that will blow our socks off.

Then 12 months of nonstop hype for the game.

Followed by the crippling disappointment when they release a rushed unpolished product with only half complete features.

prove me wrong please GT6

That's the thing. It seems we are expecting the world for GT6. I have no doubt there will be a lot of disappointed people out there lol

lol lol lol.

You win the internet.

amar confirmed on GTplanet that it isn't being announced tomorrow. Although he did say that we might see an announcement of the announcement. That would probably go up with the new website.

saladine1

amar confirmed on GTplanet that it isn't being announced tomorrow. Although he did say that we might see an announcement of the announcement. That would probably go up with the new website.

Ah, the good old announcement of the announcement gig. A bane of this generation.

Toxa

enough talk

YXEcf.png

spa908photoshop01kdaugy.jpg

LMP Race at Monza

Everybody is welcome to join.
BUT: practice and make sure you know the track and the car before the race, clean racing is a must in the weekly races.

Race starts in:
Next Saturday 1/20

Allowed cars:
All LMP will be allowed.

Tuning allowed:
No tuning is allowed.​
Tyre Selection
All Tyres​
Track:
Monza without Chicane​
Laps:
43 laps
Pit Stops:
No mandatory pit stops
Damage
Light​
Assists
ABS
TCS
Lounge Settings:
Tyre/Fuel wear: Normal
Slip stream: Weak
Tyre grip reduction: Real
Players Participating (1 / 16):
  • 01 - paskowitz
  • 02 -
  • 03 -
  • 04 -
  • 05 -
  • 06 -
  • 07 -
  • 08 -
  • 09 -
  • 10 -
  • 11 -
  • 12 -
  • 13 -
  • 14 -
  • 15 -
  • 16 -
  • R1 - dubc35
  • R2 - ashk
  • R3 -
  • R4 -
  • R5 -

Race procedure:

Lounge opens - 7.00 PM GMT
Lounge reset - 7.55 PM GMT
Qualifications start - 8.00 PM GMT
Race start 8.15 PM GMT
Race 2 quali will start promptly after race 1 finishes. After quali, race 2 will start immediately.

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ: Rules and Regulations

Additional rules:
Always make sure at least one pair of wheels are inside the white lines! Using the run-off areas as "long-cuts" or short-cuts is not allowed and will be strictly enforced.
Missing a brake point and thus overshooting into run-off areas is ok, but when you rejoin the track you must wait until cars close behind you has passed.
Missing a brake point is a mistake and should lead to you having less speed out the corner, not more.​

Lounge:
Races will be held in the GT5NRL lounge, please add this account to your Friends list. Practice sessions will also be held in the same lounge.
important.jpg

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=443226&page=80

Top Bottom