• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

“I believed from the initial release of Gran Turismo 5 that it would be the users that would make the game grow thereafter. ”

-- Kazunori Yamauchi, President of Polyphony Digital Inc.

b95Uj.png
dvMWI.png

"The coming Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2 update is an update that contains the feedback from the users playing GT5 online every day. We have added cars such
as the newest NASCAR race cars, but many of the updates are those that improve usability and expand the field of game play. I believed from the initial
release of Gran Turismo 5 that it would be the users that would make the game grow thereafter, and we added things like interior views for the standard
models because there was a lot of request for it from our users. You could say that this update is the shape and form of GT5 that was created through the
opinions of our fans."

-- Kazunori Yamauchi, President of Polyphony Digital Inc.​

WuCdD.png
uXE0K.png

OUT NOW!!!

The update is available in all regions for the amazing price of $0/£0/€0/¥0.

Yep. 100% free!​

QmzHa.png
13uHC.png

We now have an official "Update Notice (2.00)" with a list of changes in Spec 2.0.
Below is a list of the most important changes:

Game:
• Vastly improved load times (Tracks now load separate from cars in seconds, and cars load while you browse the pre-race menus)
• Standard Cars now given simplified cockpit views
• Addition of the weather change menu
• Multiple car settings/save feature
• Replay Fast Forward/Rewind
• Addition of the Consecutive Login Bonus
• DLC (Downloadable Content) Compatibility
• User interface improvement
• Quick Menu can now be accessed while the race is loading
• It is now possible to save and resume endurance races
• In the Arcade Settings of [Options], AI Car Characteristics settings has been added
• Improved physics
• Some effects of Traction Control have been adjusted
• Surface Water and Tire Load Indicator displays have been added to the race screen
• The option to Create Thumbnails for All Cars has been added to the context menu of the Garage
• In [Arcade], it is now possible to turn Visible Damage ON or OFF
• A new brand "AMG" has been added to the MUSEUM​

Online:
• Improved Online Lounge (better car selection, custom shuffle races, etc.)
• Additional features to Remote Racing
• Experience gained in online races have been increased by 60%, and rewards have been increased by 66%
• You can now change the Slipstream Strength settings in the lounge
• Drivetrain settings has been added to the regulation settings in the Lounge
A setting to prohibit "Tuning" of cars has been added to the regulations settings in the Lounge​

Photo Travel:
• New Photo Stage Added: "Indy: NASCAR Pit Stop"
• Avatar now usable in Photo Travel​

New cars:
• Added the Nissan GT-R N24 Schulze Motor Sports (the car Yamauchi Kazunori raced to class victory in the 2011 Nürburgring 24h Rennen)
• Added 11 NASCAR cars​

Peripheral support:
• Official Support for the G25/G27 Racing Wheels​

Also:
• New Opening Movie​

Ahw6a.png
FZxfN.png

As it was the case with most of the previous GT5 updates, there's always changes that aren't documented by Polyphony Digital.
This section of the OP will provide a comprehensive list of any undocumented changes that are found once Spec II is available.

• New camera angles for the replays and pre-race lobby
• Improved self-shadowing from the cars
• Some racing suits now show your car's manufacturer logo
• Improved driver animations (Unconfirmed/Placebo effect?)
• A new "i" icon was added for the News
• Photo Mode now retains all lighting effects
• Pit crew now shows up in Time Trial​

h94KS.png
GYdxy.png

WARNING: GT5 handles DLC by registering your account to a service, instead of letting you download an "Unlock Key", because of this DLC WILL ONLY WORK ON THE ACCOUNT THAT PURCHASES IT.

So, where is this long waited DLC we all love?

Even though this update will be mostly about new features, and small on actual content, Kazunori Yamauchi has mentioned several times that actual DLC
would be releasedw shortly after Spec II. He has also revealed that the first DLC content will consist of a "Track Pack", a "Car Pack" and a "Racing Gear Pack".
It is expected for these packs to be paid DLC.

This section of the OP will be updated with detailed information about all future DLC as we get more info.

DUQt9.png

Release date: OUT NOW in most regions. US = 10/25/11
Price: $4.99 / £3.19 / €3.99

Contents:
Track Pack #1 (2 tracks, 5 layouts)
The new Course Pack includes SPA-Francorchamps (with weather effects) and Kart Space layouts I and II (each layout supports normal and reverse).

qN9sa.png

Car Pack #2 (4 cars)
This DLC adds new cars to Gran Turismo 5.
Adds 4 new cars to the game, including the new and improved R35 GT-R 2012 Black Edition.

Price: $3.99 / £3.19 / €3.99

Car Pack #1 (15 cars)
Includes the new model of the X2010 ultimate racing machine, the Red Bull X2011. There is also a lineup of specially tuned touring cars and three new racing karts. Expand your garage with these exciting new racing machines!

Price: $7.99 / £6.29 / €7.99

oBXYU.png

Price: $2.99 / £1.59 / €1.99

Contents:
Racing Gear Pack #1 (90 items)

Contains helmets and racing suits of 8 famous WRC and NASCAR drivers, 12 helmets and suits in all. In addition there is the Official Gran Turismo helmet, and new gear from Alpinestars and Simpson.

Bf1jj.png

Price: $1.99 / £1.59 / €1.99

Contents:
Paint Pack #1 (100 colors)

This DLC pack adds new paint items to Gran Turismo 5.
From chic subdued color tones to bright shining colors, there are 100 new colors spread across 10 different themes. Find new unique colors for your favorite cars.

XnVWD.png

qEpqE.png

WUx7A.png

dgR1R.png

i5f6Q.png
SneSm.png

Xdof6.png
mXp9L.png

It is certain that this update will bring new life to the Gran Turismo 5 online community, and as such here at NeoGAF we will be organizing several online
races in which anyone can participate. I will be updating this section of the OT with upcoming races and instructions on how you can join them.

In the meanwhile make sure you check out the two currently active threads, "One-off races" and "Super GT League Season 2". Direct links to the threads in
the "Useful Links" section.

Hope to see you guys online!​

vQiYT.png

Just like in the previous threads, only discuss Gran Turismo 5. First and final warning.
To compare the game with Forza Motorsport 4 click here.​

PKQmk.jpg

* This OT was joint collaboration by Goldrusher and Metalmurphy.

The_Monk

Free stuff!

I guess I'll have to wait for Wednesday however... just now when I'm getting Forza 4...

Oh well, fine by me :D

Icelight

Is it okay for me to say that I really appreciate the free support they've been giving the game, but, if the in-car view for standard cars is going to look like that, they really shouldn't have even bothered...

Still though, this is definitely going to get me to boot the game up again for the first time in a while.

The Stealth Fox

Icelight said:
Is it okay for me to say that I really appreciate the free support they've been giving the game, but, if the in-car view for standard cars is going to look like that, they really shouldn't have even bothered...

Still though, this is definitely going to get me to boot the game up again for the first time in a while.

There were A LOT of people clamoring for that exact interior view once they revealed there were standards.

Icelight

The Stealth Fox said:
There were A LOT of people clamoring for that exact interior view once they revealed there were standards.
Sorry, I should have clarified: I meant ones like the first two screens in the OP.

I don't have a problem with the black silhouette one for a completely enclosed car. Hell, I'm glad to have that!

I wish you could choose what played in the background of the opening menu. The all white model city full of cars is so cool, and it sucks that it only appears once every dozen times you start the game.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
It's pretty awesome how long this game has lasted for me so far- all the new seasonal online challenges and stuff add a ton of replay value.

Can't wait to sink into the DLC.

spwolf

chubigans said:
It's pretty awesome how long this game has lasted for me so far- all the new seasonal online challenges and stuff add a ton of replay value.

Can't wait to sink into the DLC.

i didnt play a lot, work got better of me... finally a reason to get G25 and racing seat out :).
In preparation, i have downloaded all the patches few days back.

Chris R

Reall depends on what tracks the "Track Pack" has. Not interested in the car pack or the gear pack really.

But bring on the update and the DLC!

Angst

My wheel stays where it's been since November last year. I'll get up early tomorrow to view the new intro.

Nice work on the OT MM!

dwebo

It's annoying that they still haven't elaborated on the DLC, the real meat of this update. 1 track, 5 cars, $10? 5 tracks, 25 cars, $5? What the fuck are they waiting for?

I hope everybody here got the Vettel car and seasonal event thats up right now. If not, what are you doing in this thread? Go! Now!

$5,000,000 in credits are just waiting for you to complete one decent lap of Suzuka.

Top Bottom