• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

It does. My friend has installed SSD and he says how GT5 literally flies.

He says how he does GT Auto Machosim™ routines in the blink of an eye (get in car, go to GTAuto, change oil, refresh chassis, rebuild engine, save & exit, step& repeat with another car) and how races are loading in stellar speed (track loading / AI loading).

He also reports how overall speed of in-game transitions within GUI are halved in speed.

TCLSS - SDD upgrade does wonders for GT5

As being that friend, SSD changed my GT5 life. Now in cca 20 min time or less (never timed it), I can buy 20 cars, change oil, and reload UCD with new cars. What would be great if the whole game could be installed onto SSD. It's too bad that UI is being read from Blueray and the AI, and that is where time could be improved.
Track loads really fast and AI also.
Since I started using SSD i haven't even once had a problem where the game freezes at GT logo screen.

If there would be a digital version of GT5, i would buy it instantaneously.

Thank god we don't have bandwidth-caps in Croatia :D

:) Is there any rumors whether this will be available!?

EDIT: I have timed the process yesterday, and in 20min, know I can buy 18 UCD cars and change their oil (1m and 6 sec per car).
Also in that time frame I can reload licences test (10 licences) to refrash the whole UCD and buy 30+ cars without changing oil.

Arcticfox

I recently upgraded my computer so I moved my old 128GB SSD into my PS3. Gran Turismo 5 is a completely different experience. Loading is much more manageable now. I have been trying to buy one of every car in the game and the loading to purchase a car from the used car dealership is less than a quarter from what it used to be.

I also upgraded from an original Driving Force EX wheel to a Fanatec CSR this week. I spent weeks with the old wheel and controller trying to get all gold medals but I was never able to get close on over half the tests. It only took two days with the new wheel to get all golds.

With the SSD and new wheel, I am in gaming heaven.

some notes on Indy from a better GT-er than myself from one of the GT5NRL races. It's not using the exact same car, still 370 though.
That one was an absolute bitch to gold. I ended up dropping the TC to 1 or 2 and basically drifted the corners.
Thanks I'll give it a go, just finished up playing for the night, finished up the rest of the license. That Red Bull concept car is jokes.

Stoffinator

Does anybody know of a problem with GT5 lately where it is just not loading? I have tried to play it but it just sits on the load screen, than says "saving data" and does it over again. I can hear and see the HDD light indicator flashing and hearing it read the drive. But it will not load.

I have deleted the install/updates and re downloaded them but the problem still persists. I remember when my original PS2 would not longer read the GT4 disc and a few days later would not read any game.

Does anybody know of a problem with GT5 lately where it is just not loading? I have tried to play it but it just sits on the load screen, than says "saving data" and does it over again. I can hear and see the HDD light indicator flashing and hearing it read the drive. But it will not load.

I have deleted the install/updates and re downloaded them but the problem still persists. I remember when my original PS2 would not longer read the GT4 disc and a few days later would not read any game.

I went through that but a few weeks later I tried again and it started working and haven't had a problem since, can't really help sorry but it could be something on the disc or the lens.
Not sure if I had the Saving Data thing, it was a black screen before the intro should have appeared.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed

I think you have to go through this process: http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5-update-2-10-looping-bug-fix/

I deed it! Thanks for the tip, traction control and some sloppy drifts got me it. Made it half way through the international B as well. Enjoying the special events also but they can be quite difficult. Found a weird bug where I bought a part for the Tesla Roadster and I can't fit it in either the shop or the store. It gives me an option to rebuy it despite having one in my inventory, weird.

e. Disregard that, ended up in parts. Weird.

Love this game, just found the museum, been faffing around with replay photos a bit. Looking forward to getting into the professional series cups, just hit level 15. I love the way the game is always rewarding you with little bits and bobs. Just wish they'd kind of tune the competitors in each event to your entry car so I get a good challenge every time kinda like how Forza does. You can really feel the love for automobiles, browsing the dealerships the way they've got modded cars from awards! What a great idea.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Agreed, I know some people who work at retail and console peripherals sell the least. They've got stacks for G27 but they still don't want to price cut the thing.

When they do, let me know. $250 is too rich for my blood for a G27.

amar212

When they do, let me know. $250 is too rich for my blood for a G27.

You Americans are so damn lucky with your prices and overall standard.

G27 at this point cost 400$ (in US dollars) in Croatia in lowest offer I've found in only one online-store (i averages 500$ in "normal" sales points) and our average national monthly income for January 2013 (data from official public income tracker) is around 1100$.

G27 for 250$ would be considered dirt cheap around here, the DFGT cost around 210$ at lowest offer I can find.

Even when you look at used sales (private people over classifieds), G25 goes for around 180-210$, G27 from 250$ to high as 400$ for mint ones while used DFGT goes for 150-200$.

If I lived in the US and have my Croatian income - which would probably be considered as damn below average in US - I would probably have 3X80" screen multiscreen setup, 7.1 surround audio setup with Martin Logan speakers and McIntosh amps and preapms, dedicated theatre/gaming basement and probably killer-1000$ PC (because for 1000$ you can only buy average-spec PC in Croatia).

Buy yourself a damn wheel Seks, don't be cheap :p

Watevaman

I too am waiting for the G27 to drop in price before I pick one up, if it ever does now. I'm content with my DFGT for now so there's no real reason for me to pick up a newer wheel.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

I'll be cheap if I want to. My fear is buying the wheel and not really using it since GT5's grind has kinda burned me out on it (that and I'm a bad "racer" in general, I just want to drive Ferrari's without the $100K pricetag! D:).

Same thing with Arcade sticks (but those are cheaper), I can buy them for fighting games but I fear I won't use them enough.

You Americans are so damn lucky with your prices and overall standard.

G27 at this point cost 400$ (in US dollars) in Croatia in lowest offer I've found in only one online-store (i averages 500$ in "normal" sales points) and our average national monthly income for January 2013 (data from official public income tracker) is around 1100$.

G27 for 250$ would be considered dirt cheap around here, the DFGT cost around 210$ at lowest offer I can find.

Even when you look at used sales (private people over classifieds), G25 goes for around 180-210$, G27 from 250$ to high as 400$ for mint ones while used DFGT goes for 150-200$.

If I lived in the US and have my Croatian income - which would probably be considered as damn below average in US - I would probably have 3X80" screen multiscreen setup, 7.1 surround audio setup with Martin Logan speakers and McIntosh amps and preapms, dedicated theatre/gaming basement and probably killer-1000$ PC (because for 1000$ you can only buy average-spec PC in Croatia).

I think you're under estimating what it costs to live in America. Apartment? $1100/month, car insurance? $110/month. Gas? $60/month. Cable/interent? $80/month. Food? $130/month. Have fun with all that after FICA takes half your paycheck.

I'll be cheap if I want to. My fear is buying the wheel and not really using it since GT5's grind has kinda burned me out on it (that and I'm a bad "racer" in general, I just want to drive Ferrari's without the $100K pricetag! D:).

Same thing with Arcade sticks (but those are cheaper), I can buy them for fighting games but I fear I won't use them enough.

I bought a DFGT for GT5 and have hardly used it. Burnt out on the game like you. I'll probably try to commit to using it more when GT6 comes out (for PS4). My advice would be to wait.

amar212

I think you're under estimating what it costs to live in America. Apartment? $1100/month, car insurance? $110/month. Gas? $60/month. Cable/interent? $80/month. Food? $130/month. Have fun with all that after FICA takes half your paycheck..

This is bit offtopic, but I give you the Croatian perspective:

Apartment? I have my own, but ordinary monthly lease in capital (Zagreb) for small apartment (40-50 sqm2) would be around 500$. Although I do not pay rent, I have aprox 200$ of various bills (electricity, water, heating, city taxes, etc..) monthly.

I pay 1200$ per year to have my car on the street (insurance + state taxes + registration + technical exam..), so it is like 100$ month/average.

Gas is 100$ a month.

Cable and internet are 60$ a month/average

Food? Hahaha, 400$ for normal living/eating, without restaurants, food in Europe is crazy expensive compared in the US and here in Croatia we are paying the same food-prices as in Austria for example (even more expensive) while Austria have like 4X greater GDP.

Also, various state taxes also take approx 50% of my earnings to give me my net salary.

This is bit offtopic, but I give you the Croatian perspective:

Apartment? I have my own, but ordinary monthly lease in capital (Zagreb) for small apartment (40-50 sqm2) would be around 500$. Although I do not pay rent, I have aprox 200$ of various bills (electricity, water, heating, city taxes, etc..) monthly.

I pay 1200$ per year to have my car on the street (insurance + state taxes + registration + technical exam..), so it is like 100$ month/average.

Gas is 100$ a month.

Cable and internet are 60$ a month/average

Food? Hahaha, 400$ for normal living/eating, without restaurants, food in Europe is crazy expensive compared in the US and here in Croatia we are paying the same food-prices as in Austria for example (even more expensive) while Austria have like 4X greater GDP.

Also, various state taxes also take approx 50% of my earnings to give me my net salary.
Approx 50%, it's more approx 60%.

Any news on GT6 or GT5 DLC, cmon Amar spill some beans :)

PS4 announcement happening on February 20th! No current-gen GT in sight! Oh baby!
+rumours of some PGRish game for launch so perhaps some time before GT6 releases. I still believe the tracks we've seen will be for GT5 DLC, maybe that will be covered at the Feb event too along with a taste of things to come.

Mobius 1

I'm hopeful of a GT5 4K edition, or GT6 Prologue. Polyphony is sitting on all that content we've seen and remains unreleased.

Either way, it will be glorious. Glorious.

Upcoming events where GT6 could show up

Playstation Meeting - February 20th
Destination Playstation - February 25-28th
DICE - March 25-29th
E3 - June 11-13th

It has to be at one of those.

spats

Upcoming events where GT6 could show up

Playstation Meeting - February 20th
Destination Playstation - February 25-28th
DICE - March 25-29th
E3 - June 11-13th

It has to be at one of those.

Has to? That's very optimistic of you. I'm not really expecting anything this year. If we do get something though, then awesome.

I remember waiting for GT5 from event to event and not getting anything so I'm gonna keep my pants on until amar's birds start chirping.

amar212

...so I'm gonna keep my pants on until amar's birds start chirping.

To quote myself:

Once the six skip the three
Saving for the four
Question stays about the five
Waiting for some more

Due the fact we knew too much
About the four and five
Six will hide until it can
Kevin Butlers' Jive

It's six step left six step right
Rinse, repeat and wait
The three will get some finger food
And four will celebrate.

Besides, we've already seen GT6, only noone was really aware of it ;)

MGR

AMSuyTJ.jpg

Niks

I'll be disappointed if the Corvette and NSX trailers are GT6 on running PS4, the new/old tarted up tracks didn't look good.

Here we go...

GT6 will be an evolution from 5, not build up from scratch.
True, some tracks could use some updating/touch ups, but if PD can deliver solid 60fps, no tearing, and fixed shadows + many new tracks (day/night/weather). It can be forgiven imo.

spats said:
Has to? That's very optimistic of you. I'm not really expecting anything this year. If we do get something though, then awesome.

I remember waiting for GT5 from event to event and not getting anything so I'm gonna keep my pants on until amar's birds start chirping.

GT has been present at every system announcement in some form (correct me if im wrong).
Of course we are going to get at least a trailer.

I would be perfectly fine with a launch GT6 with PS4 that is basically a GT5.5 Super HD kind of thing. I think GT5 was more ambitious than even the PS3 hardware was. Whatever gets the GT ball rolling more productively. Their iteration time is far too slow and although yearly releases eventually stagnate creativity, releasing games too far apart does too because you get tunnel vision and don't get player feedback and attempt new things often enough. Diablo 3 was a perfect example of over cooking in the oven. GT5 to a lesser extent.

Start cranking out the damn games PD.

I would be perfectly fine with a launch GT6 with PS4 that is basically a GT5.5 Super HD kind of thing. I think GT5 was more ambitious than even the PS3 hardware was. Whatever gets the GT ball rolling more productively. Their iteration time is far too slow and although yearly releases eventually stagnate creativity, releasing games too far apart does too because you get tunnel vision and don't get player feedback and attempt new things often enough. Diablo 3 was a perfect example of over cooking in the oven. GT5 to a lesser extent.

Start cranking out the damn games PD.

I'd prefer a mini-GT6, ie GT6 Prologue, with reworked career ideas, better customization, etc but with much fewer cars and tracks.

AndyD

aka andydumi
A prologue is fine only shortly before the actual game. Not as a stopgap for a year or so. More like a cheap but bigger demo.

I'll be disappointed if the Corvette and NSX trailers are GT6 on running PS4, the new/old tarted up tracks didn't look good.

We agree for once.

Those tracks screamed GT5.

Hey maybe it is Spec 3 afterall, I hope they get a better job when upgraded to GT6 on PS4 then the ones we have now on GT5 did.

I noticed that some newer trailers had newer lighting effects that GT5 never had, I always figured they were post processed, but I guess it's just the WIP engine for GT6 or something.

hirokazu

I knew I probably should've done this earlier, but I went to receive the prize cars from GT Academy 2012 and when I click Recieve All or anything it doesn't put the tickets in my items list! D:

I really doubt the tracks shown in the Acura and C7 trailers were from GT6. The mountain scene (I believe people have pinpointed it as being in Spain) is the one that really stick out as "Hold on, that looks much better than current photomode locations". And in many ways i'd say the car modeling in general for the C7 and Acura seem to be of a higher quality than old GT5 models.

Anyway, GT2000 was among the games/tech demos shown when the PS2 was unveiled. And of course during the PS3's announcement we saw Vision GT. Those were just concept videos, though. But in both cases they only had a short time to put it together. GT2000 was shown before the GT2 was even released. And Vision GT was shown less than 5 months after GT4's release. It's now been over two years since GT5 was released. So we should see the actual GT6 in some form or another.

Top Bottom